Ready Player One Teaser

3 Likes

Iron Giant… O_o

Get all HYPED… and then see it’s not until next year… :frowning: Sad face is sad…

And Freddy Kreuger too :neutral_face:

1 Like

WOW! Never heard of this movie! thanks for sharing!

Ooh, this looks like it could be interesting, I quite liked “Gamer” despite it’s shortcomings as it had enough realistic references to video gaming to really sell it. This looks more beautiful and imaginative, I just hope they didn’t save all the best shots for the trailer, that happens a lot these days…

I saw… The Iron Giant, The Delorian, Freddy Kreuger, Kratos… I’m going to have to watch this two or thee or a thousand times to see all the guests.

It kind of reminds me of Wreck it Ralph with all the homages.

1 Like

Rush music is in the trailer! Woo!

Freddy and Kratos?! Where???

You see Freddy get blown apart. Kratos is driving a car. Both are brief.

1 Like

I’ve also noted a few Xbox themed things in the trailer too: “Dizzy” from the Gears of War series is present, and the large creature that blasted Freddy used Master Chief’s assault rifle to do it.

If we all hold hands and make a wish, maybe a KI character will appear for a brief split-second too!

-Zenek

1 Like

In a twist, Sadira becomes the main character! :smile:

1 Like

FYI this is based on a book. It’s a short and easy read that is absolutely chock full of video game history references. People should really check it out. I enjoyed it. It looks like the movie is a very loose adaptation which is adding more common and more recent pop culture references. But those references are in the spirit of the book.

5 Likes

Oh cool! Ill add it to my library in my office… thanks for the tip!

Hail to the king baby!

He’s right next to Freddy Kreuger.

Here’s a few other things I found:

And this one I thought at first they were perhaps chocobos, but turns out they were Joust ostriches.

3 Likes

JOUST OSTRICHES!

@TheNinjaOstrich power has been activated! KaKAAAAA!

4 Likes

Joust is a big deal in the book…

2 Likes

oh god christine is there too wtf lmao

Now who is she exactly? :confused:

Christine is the demonic ghost car from a Stephen King short story turned movie in the 80s.

1 Like