Rants/Expressing Problem/Constructive Criticism Guide

-Killer Instinct isn’t a perfect game. Just like any other, it has flaws. Some the community notices and others we don’t. When we do notice, we try to communicate with the developers about the flaws. However, we don’t do it clearly. We usually fill the post with stuff that only clouds the message and confuses the developers. Nothing gets done. This post is to help others with a format to clearly convey concerns to the developers. The steps are to identify the problem, evidence that it occurs, and a possible solution.
-The first step is identifying the problem. Try to be as specific as possible. You can write a huge essay and have videos proving it,but if you don’t clarify what the problem is, nothing productive can happen. Try and be as specific as possible. Nerf [Character X] is not specific. [Character X’s move has too much frame advantage] is much better. See the difference?
-The next step is providing evidence. You can do so in whatever format you choose. Text, video, your choice. This proves that the problem actually exists. No one can help solve your problem if it doesn’t exist. Prove it exists. Some say Rash is too plus on everything. Where is the evidence? None? There is evidence against it. See how important evidence is? Evidence makes others take you seriously.
-The last step is to offer a solution. This is the simplest part. You think something could use work. Exactly how would you want the work on it be done. Quick, easy, and simple.
-When offering feedback/constructive criticism, following this format or at least having the content makes things much easier to understand. It is also much easier to debate the points as well. Do you disagree with the problem,evidence, or solution? It is easier to debate it.
Tl;dr
[Identify Problem]
[Evidence]
[Solution]
Example:
[Joanna Dark’s Pachinko Machine does too much damage]
[Video of Pachinko Machine one shotting Aganos]
[Remove Joanna from the game]
Happy holidays everyone. Watch as this post gets ignored and everyone continues with ranting. What do I know? I’m just a random forum scrub

:joy: Might be the wrong catagory. Move if necessary please.

11 Likes

LOL

1 Like

Yep. If you disagree with just that part, it is possible to only argue that part with ease now.

Doesn’t the bug-reporting thread and suggestions sub-forum where it resides already fill this role?

Not really. This isn’t a thread to provide criticism and feedback. This is a post to help people effectively communicate. Do you know the “Character X is op please nerf. The devs are dumb for making this change…” threads and how they accomplish nothing? This post is meant to provide a way these people can convey their ideas and feedback in a format that makes sense.

Yes, but again, the bug thread already shows how to do this… And do people do it? Not really. While I appreciate the thought and effort you put into this, I think precident shows that it won’t change much of anything. I’ll keep my fingers crossed though, and hope I’m wrong.

Can’t change things unless you try :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This will help in the long run.

1 Like

We ned to sticky this thread

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind this being stickied. Only thing is that I am not too sure if anyone would actually read and use this.