[RANT] I started regretting buying Kilgore and donating for EVO just now

Yeah it is kind of ■■■■■■ when you finally get to interact with some of these top players and and they are a little, less than what you expected lol

Can’t let that influence your opinion on all of them though, some of them are really nice guys too.

1 Like

TDB KI4Life double, triple ultras, teabags, taunts, etc everybody he fights in ranked during his stream and thinks he’s the ■■■■ because of it. Sad, sad little people.

1 Like

He’s also one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. Back before I was into competing and just an average player he would taunt and teabag and ultra me like usual and then when I went to evo about two evos ago I met him and he gave me and my friend advice on improving our game and he took us all out to lunch. I took his advice and a few months later I ended up beating him in a tournament, but that never would have happened if I had simply seen the teabagging and got salty and said things like “■■■■■ the pros! This community sucks!”

4 Likes

Do you ever regret supporting some other game you like because of some random douche-bag?

You might as well not support any game at all then since theres one in EVERY GAME! man.

All I can tell you is; don’t blame the community blame the one guy. It sucks when you run into those people but you need to just block, report for bad sportsmanship and get on with your life.

You’;ll be a hell of alot less miserable otherwise.

Maybe I’m lucky but I don’t run into that many tea-bagging or people who display bad sportsman behavior. But at any rate just move on.

1 Like

Stop being the victim all the time. It’s a game, no crimes can be committed. Relax and take a break if the videogame starts to impact your life “negatively”. Wow

2 Likes

#IMPORTANT READING:

Disrespect serves 2 purposes:

1. To get you mad.

If you hate disrespectful behavior… congratulations… Here’s an “L” for you to hold.
You have already lost before the game even starts, because they are already in your head, messing with your emotions.

2… To show hatred. (Maybe just “temporary displeasure” in most cases)

If someone HONESTLY hates you, for whatever reason, then the issue is PERSONAL and exists OUTSIDE of the game. Maybe they are saying “I think you are a bad person because of the way you play. It reflects who you are, and i dont like what i see”.

I can continue example “2” for a while, but i will end it early because; Any issue that comes from example 2 can and SHOULD be solved OUTSIDE of the game. If it happens to you online, then you solve it by ignoring the person and moving on. If it happens offline, like with “beefs” at tournaments, then its up to the 2 players to talk and settle it however they want.

My advice to you if you feel you have been back-stabbed by a pro…

step 1. Figure out their intentions.

• In the case of “The KI facebook Group”: They are all VERY WELL EDUCATED with the game, and dont like seeing noobs post things they know nothing about. If you dont live in the tournament scene, dont say S*** about the tournament scene. If you dont know a matchup 100% DONT complain about that matchup. If you dont know what game development is like, DONT complain about business / design choices. YES they can be mean, but they all have good points to back their meaness up.

• In the case of “Galactic Geek VS DevilMayCare”: I wasnt there. It sounds like you got bullied, but ive only heard 1 side of it, and i dont know what caused it. I’m sure if i heard every word said, and watched the games, we could figure it out.

Step 2: Based on their intentions, figure out what is the best thing to do for YOURSELF from this point on.

• If you got bullied off the facebook page, ask yourself “Did i know what i was talking about? In a few months, will i feel the same way? Did i jump the gun and make a bad decision before researching the whole story?” In my OWN PERSONAL experience, the answer will always be “yes”. I have made myself look like an ■■■ in front of many pros. So what do i do now? I apply the FGC spirit! I stay out of their business, and BRUSH IT OFF, and then focus on getting better so that i dont let it happen in the future. Maybe one day i will be able to discuss KI in the detail that they do, but for now i cant, so i will leave them alone respectfully and watch from the sidelines humbly.

• If you get bullied by DevilMayCare:

Get over it. If he is an a**hole, then either avoid him, or dedicate your time to getting better than him. But dont make salty forum posts. Think about what YOU WANT. I really dont think you wanted to embarrass yourself on the forums, but you DID because of your anger. Im sure what you DO WANT is to either put it behind you, or beat him one day. Its up to you to figure out how to do one of those things.

1 Like

“You know nothing, Jon Snow.”
“Winter is coming.”

@ZDhome DMC is already a non-issue - I only brought him up as an example to show that I can relate to the OP.

2 Likes

No one called anyone out. He lost the match, he is salty about it and I asked who it was. Its not a call out.

@VerminatorX Also dude…stay away from that Facebook clique… its nothing but ■■■■ riding and trash talking. You cant speak your mind or have an opinion over there unless your a part of the clique. Leave the group and never go back…ll the info you need is right here on the forums.

I believe it is still against the rules. It’s like targeting.

And rants do not have a place in a forum.

But what do I know? I’m not a mod. :expressionless:

1 Like

A certain detail always seem to be missing from the conversation… mental illness. (not joking)

the FGC rather just call anyone who can’t handle nastiness a ■■■■■ instead of considering that some folk do have real problems. 🤷🏿🤷

Hahaha wake up! The real world is calling! Play the game, enjoy it. Stop being a victim. Btw “GoT” is fake too.

3 Likes

How about you try saying something nice?

1 Like

There is an awful lot of boohooing that goes on… like, y’all know we ain’t playing Pictionary w/ our mee-maw’s right? FFS people, knuckle up a little, huh? For people who enjoy copious violence, there’s an awful lot of thumb-sucking mixed in w/ all this finger-pointing and nose-picking.

2 Likes

Honestly, i see how you can feel that way however it’s bigger than just 1 douche. I’ve encountered a lot of not so nice ppl and top players that treat ppl like they’re beneath them; sure but I want ki to have life in the fgc and by supporting that scene it can carry this game past it’s death date clue in ki wc? What about his hard work and other good ppl that put time and money into it? Anyway just a change of point of view could help if not then that’s fine too. Sorry for long post.

Really… did you really have to resort to personal attacks -_-

I mean the trailer park thing is just straight up dickish and unnecessary.

2 Likes

See that? UA Bass is not as kind as people make him out to be. I was attacked once by some of his fans after his tantrum online.

1 Like

What does that sound like?

1 Like