[RANT] I started regretting buying Kilgore and donating for EVO just now

Yea, willingly donated my money so it can potentially be won by a guy who multiple ultras and taunts me online with no disrespect from my side. He is better than me so he has to flex his nuts right?

This was first and last time. If there is any fund for content or continued support for KI, I will contribute, but I am not spending one more dime at these poor man`s primadonnas with ego problems, whose streams are watched by no one and nobody gives a damn about them but small group of d**kriders.

idgaf about pro scene from now on, why should I support anybody who is not respecting average member of community…

5 Likes

So, one guy acted like an ### and now you think supporting the scene isn’t a good idea anymore?

Don’t you think you’re overreacting a bit? :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I think most of the competitors usualy show respect to their opponent. If you see a full utlra or teebag during a competion it’s usualy lighthearted.

I understand that multiple times ultras and disrespect by the excess of taunts and teabags, and even debauchery on mic can be really frustrating, especially if it comes from one of the well know pro’s out there (really rare, happened very few times to me), but donations for the strenghten of the game’s scenario and this rant don’t seems to have a connection.

While I don’t agree to finance a championship this way, by buying a specific character, we must understand that people are people, they do this type of things in every game, not just KI.

What you can do, and you are in your rights to do this, is simply alt+f4/quit when you paired against these type of players. Wait a little so you are not paired against him again and keep playing.

Can we get a hint of who it was please? lol

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

You guys… Do realized its against the forum rules to call people out?

3 Likes

Haha why so sensitive?

I assume they don’t or don’t care. Either way guys, mods are coming.

Maybe. Ah heck I don’t care. Time to name and shame.

@MandrillManiac is such a tool! :grin:

2 Likes

I think daytonj is gonna win this year…

1 Like

1 Like

No. But being too sensitive is bad.

6 Likes

While I can understand frustrations with certain experiences, please don’t let that deter you from the great community this game has.

Even though KI won’t be featured on stage at EVO, I feel incredibly lucky to be given the opportunity to not only express my passion for a game I love, but to be able to make someone’s wish a reality while doing it. I’m a little disappointed we didn’t win, of course, but someone out there will be that much closer to living their dream because we all came together to make that happen. That is something incredible.

Online experiences aside, the tournaments I have been to, I have never met a more friendly community. Their willingness to encourage, their excitement and how their passion in to help get as many people playing and improve everyone’s knowledge is almost unbelievable. If I can put $5 towards the hope that one of them can take home a little extra, it’s the least I could do.

So please, continue enjoying the game for all that it’s worth and don’t let something take away from how fortunate we are to have such great people surrounding us. Thank you

1 Like

Yea, I left Killer Instinct Au**st Fanboys group also for that reason.

After purchasing Kilgore I shared my opinion about him and his price, and I got flamed by UA Bass quote “this is why KI is not at evo” followed by wave of jabbing me and tapping Bass`s back.

Well, maybe KI is not at EVO because “pros” discourage new players by their ebnoxious behaviour eh?!

Any criticism towards KI on that group resulted in circlejerk of insults and ostracism.

KI is fun and all but is not perfect, nothing is, and I wont idolize this game as I would not idolize any video game or nosebrown pro players because everyone does so.

1 Like

And why is it? Why should it be? It’s EXACTLY this line of thinking that allows good people to become marginalized.

1 Like

Because I am too sensitive.

And it feels awful.

1 Like

Ki will be at evo among 20+ games.

1 Like