Ranked Matchmaking

I didn’t say that sadira’s playstyle was cheap, I was merely stating she’s not necessarily for me. As I also stated I play kan-ra, who I’m sure people find equally annoying if not more so. I would be down to play with you, as I mention to others, however, with my child being around I try to avoid using my mic so my communication is limited at times. I have a small window where I can talk to folks without waking up my wife or my kid.

@SithLordEDP
I watched the video you posted and he mentions something along the lines of 3 matches in an hour and a half (roughly half way through the video) and he also thought that it was within two ranks of you. I still think the two ranks would be ample. That would avoid qualifiers and bronze league players from getting shafted facing people with ten times your experience. They can also implement a dual matchmaking system, where certain folks(killers and other higher leveled, more experienced players for example) would have a different target group when searching for matches. For example silver can fight up to gold and down, where bronze could fight qualifiers up to silver tiered players. Gold can fight silver and killer and I personally think killer rank needs revamped, as I hear a lot of people mention an even larger skill gap between a new killer and, say, a top 32. I just find it incredibly frustrating when I try and play a fair, relatively even ranked match and end up facing killers over half the time. Just saying, its basically an instant loss and a waste of time going into a match you know you’re never going to win at your current level. Isn’t that the point of a ranking system? Not to be smashed down by the highest tier players and fight players relative to your own skill level? It makes it a challenge without having a painstaking uphill grind. Despite what happened in that video over a year ago, I’m sure they can come up with something that works efficiently while staying fair. Perhaps adding some sort of ranked search timer it will gradually expand your search, but instead of that happening thirty seconds into looking for a match, increase that time to allow somebody a chance to stay in their league. I honestly think it would be boring vise versa (as a killer) fighting qualifiers and low tiered/new players. There’s definitely no point in that. The killer learns nothing, gains no skill, just easy points. The qualifier loses points, gets demoralized, and I’m sure in some peoples case they might even just stop playing ranked altogether. I for one am not one of those people, but that’s something that ultimately hurts the community more than it helps it. In order for a game to thrive it needs to be well balanced so people dont feel like they suck or just wasted their money every time they fire up their Xbox. I’m not saying hand free wins to newcomers, because that doesn’t make sense either, but at least keep it a little bit even. Most of my qualifying matches (while I understand getting a wide array of opponents to place you) were against gold or killer opponents. I can understand if there was a mechanic to change your search criteria if you’re 3-0 in your qualifiers to expand the ranks, but when 3/5 of your first five matches you’re outranked by three+ tanks there’s a small chance of you getting anywhere. I would say I’m not terrible and I’m definitely no where near the best, but when I fight people my level I win more often and actually get my adrenaline going facing someone who can beat me without me basically sitting back and watching. I got shafted in qualifiers and half of the matches since then because I have gotten matched against people far beyond my current level. I just think that more can be done to help alleviate an issue that I’m sure I’m not alone on. I see how some people like it, but as I mentioned before, there’s no joy in fighting somebody who’s basically not even playing in comparison. There are games where you can literally do nothing but watch yourself get combo’d out no matter what you do. I’m sure that happens from time to time in killer vs killer, but I doubt its very often when a “perfect” flashes on the screen. You might as well be playing against a beginner level CPU for ranked points.

Ok yeah kan ra is cheap LOL jokes. Kan ra was my 1st level 50! He is king!

Ok lets play ill add you to live dont worry about chat its cool not to have that on. Happy to just learn and play

Ill add you now.

I am kind of wondering about this myself. I finished my 10 qualifying matches today and it put me at Gold ranking but I don’t think that is accurate. I know for a fact that I lucked out on a few matches and that some of the people I fought were not using their mains and/or taking it easy on me because I was a qualifier, so now I am worried ill be constantly matched up with people way out of my league lol

Having a lot of killer points is generally an indication that you’re a good player. But it’s not a guarantee. A lot of killers I encounter seem to just be some kid who’s figured out a couple cheap spammy crossovers or 50/50 and just spam variations of it over and over, yes theyll win a lot by catching anyone who hasnt seen their particular cheapness and doesn’t know how to Punish it yet, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they are good

Also I tend to notice that regardless of your rank, if you have a streak going you haveuch higher of a chance of getting ranked against someone higher than you or killer. It also goes the opposite, if you’re on a losin streak the sust seems to try and match you up with someone lower.