Quantum break!

I am in Act 3, there are some more puzzles. But better than that is how you get more and better time powers… The skirmish are getting flipping fun to play and do different combinations to kill enemies…

From what people say it seems you have to replay it several time to see every possible situation. I will tell you if it is true or not when I finished…

Anyway, collect everything it will take me a while I think.

Man, and those little details in the background of remedy games… I feel this is a dream made true.

Okay time power upgrades and little bit more puzzles. +1 for my impressions of the game 8 out of 10 but the power ups still seem abysmal and only increase affect radius or cool down. Gameplay wise I still am not a awed as the first time playing Gears of War or Killer Instinct. Am not particularly looking forward to the next area because it just seems uninspired and done already in previous games. At least in Gears you get over the top never before done levels and bosses.

I am speechless… I don’t really know what to say. Do you really have the game?

Peace!

You can look at my Xbox profile and see my achievements. Am currently in the warehouse area. I guess it doesn’t help that I’ve slowly fallen out of grace with shooters and was hoping this game would invigorate my drive with shooters.

I finished Act 2 last night - great game.
The graphics range from good to amazing - the way time ripples through the scenery or those parts where the time/scenery changes around you at an accelerated rate during real-time gameplay is just… wow.

Acting and story are great, the TV show fits well, the character likenesses between game and show are really good also.

Quantum ripples are things you find in-game that add extra scenes to the TV show.

Also junction points are when you get to play as the bad guy and make major decisions, although I’m not sure how much the game will change, I’m looking forward to replaying and finding out.

So far the gameplay works fine for me, time powers are fun, Act 2 has brought new weapons, new enemies and the ability to upgrade your powers.

Also the humor - the Alan Wake Easter eggs, Neil, and the ‘Time Knife’ script (did anyone find that?) are hilarious.
If you like Alan Wake or Max Payne - I think you’ll like QB a lot.

1 Like

wait what why the game might suck good thing i have 3 tb but still jezz

LOL

the game is just 44 gb. If you want to download the whole drama in bluray you can download the extra 75 gb. I didn’t, I just watch the drama by streaming, it goes perfect for me no need to download anything.

In short, the game itself it is 44 gb.

I did the act 4 yesterday. The powers are getting easier to use and tons of fun. I will try to do the act 5 tonight

Those easter egg are impressive. As a Remedy fan I feel so thankful

I beat the game tonight… story is great, but game ends act 5… so it’s short. I beat it on hard, and it wasn’t that challenging either… but I still enjoyed playing it.

I’d give it an 8.

I’ll do a replay and make different choices in the game, but I feel the ending wouldn’t change regardless.

1 Like

I have not played Quantum Break yet, it’s still sitting on my bookcase. I wil play it but I want some of you guy’s thoughts.

I am doing my second round in hard. Well, you need to understand the game is done for replaying. I am pretty shocked seeing so many things actually changed because of the different decisions.

It is a game that not only invite you to replay it, but it is also endless if you like the gameplay like me. It is kind of those game you never get tired of playing.

But I agree we could get something longer. Maybe in a future DLC. Let’s see

1 Like

This game was amazing! If this is the trade off for a game only running at 720p, then f*** 1080p. Seriously. The graphics, detail, effects. My goodness this game was a blast.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ll give more credit to Quantum Break. 8.5 but am being super generous there. What made me like the game more was that the powers did indeed progress. There were more puzzles… kind of. But the story is currently 10/10. Rivals something like the Walking Dead or even Game of Thrones.

The downsides of the game are that in the beginning it does feel like Jef described in his review on giant bomb. In the beginning it feels like a regular third person shooter and you are relying too much on cover. It isn’t until the time amplified enemies show up that you too start using your powers more and time dodging everywhere. That’s where the fun came for me. The thing is, those fights with the time amplified enemies only happens like twice a level. It doesn’t help that the time powers also don’t really mesh well together and at times I wished it wasn’t a shooter and instead some third person fighter like the Batman games but with time powers. The rest of the level is story gathering or time stopping something and running through. That’s as far as the “puzzles” get. It’s also disappointing that it was highly promoted that your outcomes would affect the game and story but those changes were so insignificant. I mean finishing the equation in the game just has people talking about it while eating? Finding a sign in the game just makes it appear in the show for like 4 secs, and turning on a radio makes it appear on the show for 5 secs. What does that all have to do with anything? None of that had any significant value and like many games that claim they offer choices to the player it’s all just a hoax.

Am still not done with the game. Am doing a 100% run and am probably half way there. I have enjoyed my time with the game and the story was strong enough for me to overlook the issues with the game but am probably not going to replay the game just to see the other junction choices.

DefiledInBile,

I am playing to get all the achivements. I am almost there. Now collecting everything. I am doing my third round and I just discovered that I can take a look to all the things I have collected, including pictures, videos and texts… I didn’t take too much attention before but it seems incredible the quantity of details of the items that you can collect during the game. I just watched the presentation of Sofia Amaral about the Ground Zero…

The game is doing frigging good sales so far! It has been in the top sales in my country last week. Really happy for Remedy and this masterpiece. Hopefully we can get DLC or future games of this new IP.

The latest message on the QB community feed suggests there is ‘more time travelling fun to come,’ so hopefully there is something in the works.

1 Like

What?! Where can I see that?! That is great!!

Go to the Quantum Break ‘Game hub’ (press the start button over the game tile, you’ll see the option) and then go to ‘feed’.

The exact quote is “Thank you all for an amazing launch week and stay tuned for more Quantum Break time bending fun.”

So hopefully that means there’s something on the way, maybe a challenge mode, maybe story dlc I’d be happy with either.