Poll: Who are you maining in S3?

Simple, who are you maining when Season 3 comes out? Let’s see what all the community wants to play

If more characters are confirmed I will add them to the list

The forum doesn’t allow to make a poll with more than 20 options, so I put 2. Vote only in one!!

• Jago
  • Sabrewulf
  • Glacius
  • Thunder
  • Sadira
  • Orchid
  • Spinal
  • Fulgore
  • Shadow Jago
  • TJ Combo
  • Maya
  • Kan-Ra
  • Riptor

0 voters

• Omen
  • Aganos
  • Hisako
  • Cinder
  • ARIA
  • Kim Wu
  • Tusk
  • Arbiter
  • Rash

0 voters

Is there a reason you didn’t put the confirmed Season 3 characters in your poll?
Edit: And it updated while I was writing. XD

I failed in the copy paste procces XD

I have Orchid as my main, but I have every intention in making Tusk my second main. <3

We don’t know if he will be made playable though. He’s been heavily hinted at, yes, but he might be an uplayable boss.

1 Like

Shago was playable too though(only as clone Jago) so, I assume Gargos will be playable as well. But I could be wrong, so we’ll have to just wait and see.

This is too early to answer. But so far Kim Wu and Rash both look great to use. Season 3 is gonna be a tough choice for me this time around.

Definitely Kim Wu. My Redheaded Goddess from my childhood has come back to do battle once more… :blush:

Plus, Jago, as he is my current main. :smiley:

1 Like

Season 3 on PC will be the first time that actually get to play the game, so I will be maining Jago first. Because he’s a “shoto” character, I’m already familiar with what special moves he can do and their inputs, plus he will offer a more well-rounded moveset and whatnot. I will be using him to get used to the gameplay and learn the game.

After I’m comfortable with gameplay and feel like I’m doing good with Jago, I’m thinking about moving on and trying to pick up on of these characters: Glacius, Cinder and/or Thunder.

Jago has been my go to since day one so I’m not stopping him any time soon. However, as far as season 3 characters go so far it’s definitely Kim Wu.

Aganos will likely continue to be my main but I will definitely learn Tusk and keep him for counter-picks!

If only they bring unused vampire back in S3 and I will main vampire! : D

If there is a Vampire character, I will definitely try that out as well. :smiley:

1 Like

Daah, da daaah Dah da daahaah DAAH
Translation: Well, I think I’ll be maining TUSK.
Because reasons. :stuck_out_tongue:
Or at least, he’s the character who’s of the most interest to me going into Season 3. I’ll still jump around the cast like a rabbit on smack.

I’ll stick with Jago, through and through probably. He lost basically nothing I really care about and I’m interested in some of his new stuff. It’ll be nice to throw a good fireball for once.

That said, I think I could pick up and run with Kim Wu thanks to her dragon dance (overhead + double roundhouse + wind kick) and firecracker (laser sword). But also, my most basic (and probably wrong) predictions about where Tusk could end up have him getting similar stuff again, so I could see a world where I pick him up.

So iuno. Guess I’ll vote Jago.

ARIA was pretty obviously an attempt to make a playable character who also had a natural overpowered boss form. Pretty sure all the yearning for an MKX-like story mode instead of a traditional arcade mode ruined the opportunity, though.

The things you’re used to from a shoto are fireballs and DPs, but I would say if anything that wind kick + laser sword is the equivalent of a shoto core moveset in KI, and are more what Jago is about: sporadic midscreen windkicks to punish your opponent for not pre-emptively blocking in neutral enough, and laser sword as a pressure opener that generates plus frames on block. Other characters with this core include Fulgore, ARIA, and by the looks of it Kim Wu.

Jago’s fireball in particular has been pretty limited in its uses up 'til this point (which season 3 rebalance might help a bit), and something like crMK xx fireball is just really bad. His DP is still really really good though.

That said, Jago’s a pretty fine place to start learning KI. That’s where I started. (Though I didn’t stop, either.)

Thunder’s pretty easy to learn, so if you’re more interested in Thunder than Jago then I’d probably just go with Thunder. Glacius and (especially) Cinder are pretty hard to learn, though.

I hope unused vampire is grappler and zoning like Kan-Ra!

That I do NOT hope will happen.

WHY?

:confused: