Poll: Frequency of character dossier drops

I’m at 95% now, but like I said if you’re hunting specific dossiers and relying on random mimics, you won’t get them as reliably. Gotta find the quests that spawn specific characters. Or do quest chains such as, Ultratech Leak, Cult of Gargos and the like that spawn multiple mimics from the pool. That’s where I’ve been getting a lot of mine. The only one I’ve struggled to get is Maya dossiers. She is my only one under 60% right now. Unless she just broke 60% I can’t remember. At work open to close today and tomorrow.

Guardian dossiers no, but character dossiers I can get all of them.

1 Like

Good luck man! Here’s hoping we both knock out the entire roster this weekend. :slight_smile:

Is there a place online where we can read the dossiers?

I’m honestly not sure. I believe at least some of them are taken from the KI novella, if I’m not mistaken. As for the rest of them, your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Do you have to play as specific characters to unlock the dossiers?

You can read any found dossiers by going to the archives and clicking/pressing A on the folder.

Just 2 Kilgores left. Almost there.

That is part of my problem. I see that you are having the dossier problem with Maya. It looks like everyone who plays SL has a problem with a character dropping dossiers. For me Maya was done months ago. Jago is my problem. For @Iago407, and another player it was Omen. I do hope that you get her dossiers. I am still having problems with Jago, also Hatchery III, but that is another issue.

@Iago407. Great that you are so close to the end. I am done with the mode for now. To me they have made it to unreasonable to complete. Either by bugs and flaws, or buy putting in dossiers that are not even a available in the first place. Good luck to you though, and I get in the mood, I will do another run for the Mask and Hatchery

I just haven’t been using enough Mira and Wulf to trigger Maya missions from their special missions. It will get there :wink:

Finally got all of them. Sitting at 102% of 104%.

All I have left is:
Lore: The Hatchery’s Secret III (still sure it’s bugged for those who got in in preview)
Mask of the Ancients (no clue how this is obtained)
The unreleased Astral Tiki and Lion Guardian ones

3 Likes

Can you unlock dossiers on any difficulty level?

Yes. I have no idea if it helps with frequency though.

2 Likes

I am so happy to see another person having problems with Hatchery III. Sorry that you ate having the same problem that I am, but it is great to see I am not alone.

Thanks man! Sorry this turned out to be a less than ideal experience for ya toward the end. I kinda wish one of the devs had maybe come in to this thread and given us some sort of update, but ah well, what can ya do.

I’m honestly trying to get two dossiers and they simply won’t drop (the last two for Shin Hisako). Been a bit frustrated, so I’ve taken the last few nights and done other stuff. I’ll come back soon, especially if they can fix some of these issues. Now I almost want the mask dossier on principal lol.

I took a break from the dossiers so I could get my gamer score over 100,000 points. I figure that I will work on the dossiers when there is new content to work on with it “leveling a new character to 50”. I hope you get all the dossiers. You deserve it with the work you have put in.

Have you ever just PM the developers about it?

So do you, man! I’ll bet you’ve probably done that Hatchery quest line a thousand times by now. I’ve never PM’d any of the devs about it. I thought I tagging in this thread would get their attention but I guess not. I’m sure they’re busy, of course. Just thought it’d be cool if Rukari or someone could’ve looked in to this.

I posted in the bug reporting thread about the Hatchery dossier issue recently. I imagine it’s low priority since it seems to be only bugged for those who did it in preview.

1 Like

Finally at the hundo % mark. Work is taking up too much time :pensive:. Only need Kan-Ra, Tusk, Thunder and Shinsako dossiers.

Asside from the unobtainables.

1 Like

I’ve been playing for a while but i was wondering if in the future, when selecting a character to fight, there could be an icon or something to let you know if you still need to grind gargos wins or regular character wins and/or you still need to obtain origin dossiers from the character.