Poll about the Survey: How good player are you?

I think 6 is probably my place. 7 potentially, but 6 because I’ve always claimed to be a “bottom of the barrel Killer.” I believe that with a little bit of work I could potentially pick up a Pro Star but I do not think I have the pedigree to compete in large, serious tournaments like Combo Breaker, the KIWC, or EVO.

I’d like to think I have a good general understanding of the game, and I’m working on improving my matchup specific play and breaking/counter breaking. I sometimes mash more than I should, and have not trained myself to use specific lockout combos or manuals. I have difficulty consistently inputting a DP motion, and will sometimes struggle against nonsensical things (a Riptor using nothing but jump-HP for example) even though I know it’s something I should never have a real problem with. I know some of that comes from input error, and some of it is just failure to adapt what I know to what my opponent is doing.

I guess I’d be 9, i could get a pro star, I’ve made top 8 and 16 at majors, and i love developing and discovering tech for my characters.

2 Likes

I should ask this sooner, but maybe it’s a bit late:

Do you feel that my metric it’s mostly ok, or do you believe it should be different?

I’ll put 6 but I’m probably 5 or 4…

Although people say my eyedol is getting better…

Edit: relevant to how I feel about this

2 Likes

I put myself at a 6. I’m not good enough for higher numbers… :slight_frown:

I want to put myself at an 8, but I don’t deserve it :confused:

I am most definitely a 5. While I’ve got something of a good Omen I struggle with a lot of skilled Gold and Killer-tier players and often suffer from execution mistakes. In addition I tend to get wrecked by certain characters (Jago, Spinal and Fulgore come to mind) and I’ve been unable to figure them out well enough with Omen. While I’m trying to learn ARIA now, I’m nowhere near as good with her yet.

:sunglasses: :grin:
I’m easily sitting cockily at 8. Lowest I could consider myself from here on out would be an 8. Always been good with many characters, always find myself improving though. Just need to put time into the game again. Just feels unfair that my mains always get the shortest straw with balancing.

I put 7 but I’m actually a 5-6 right now. I haven’t been playing my best lately.

maybe i shouldve added i consider myself between 7 and 8 when i use hisako. everybody else put me as a 6 lol. ok so she carries me somewhat, SUE ME

1 Like

2 Likes

Eh, I’m a 4 or a 5. Probably a 4 since I don’t use flip out nearly as much as I should, but I understand most of what’s happening and why, even if my skills don’t allow me to do things regularly that players with high skills can pull off with seemingly minimal effort. Still, I know that I could train up to being a 7 if I put in the time, but since that hasn’t happened, I’m a 4. :slight_smile:

@TheNinjaOstrich damnit ninja, lmao

OBJECTION!!

2 Likes

Great post.

1 Like

It’s funny, I was going to rate myself about a 6 anyway, and the chart happened to fit it perfectly. :stuck_out_tongue:
So why am I a 6?
I made the climb to Killer in Season 2, and currently sit in the 650 point range in Gold, so I’ve sat into both High Gold and Low Killer at different points.
I could make the climb again, but I don’t have the motivation. Besides, I struggle to fight against Killers these days. I can still reliably crush Silvers if I don’t get cocky, and I can usually pull out at least 1 win against my fellow Gold players.

I’ll also pretty proudly say I have a pretty in depth understanding of how the game works. Sure, my application is obviously not the best, and I’m probably more aggressive than I need to be, but too skittish for my own good. I can at least get some manuals in, and I can get some nice heavy damage on my punishes.

I can also semi-reliably play the entire cast, but that also means I haven’t gotten particularly good with anyone specific.

My skill varies for me. Enough practice, feeling amped, and if I’m in a “competitive” mood.

The best I managed to do was place 85th one month. Maybe I could have made Top 32 with enough practice, but chances are I would have made it only a few numbers down.

I’m great, don’t get me wrong, but my playstyle is easily broken if someone figures me out soon enough, my bad habits are hidden not gone.

Haha most of you sobs are being too modest!

1 Like

Nah. I’m a Solid 6. No doubt about it. I think you are higher though.

I put myself at an 8, though I’d consider myself being maybe a high 7, but I do feel like I could get a pro star if I put in the time. I just haven’t…too much stuff to unlock. :confused:

I’d argue you are a 7. I don’t consider you a “low” Killer. You taught me most of what I know, wouldn’t make sense to me. You play Kim and while she isn’t as bad as some people claim, she does struggle a lot. But, when you mained Jago you dominated a lot more than maybe you are with Kim?

I might sound pompous saying this, but I always personally considered myself within the top 10 best Aganos players out there (that are relatively known)…

I know more than 10 Aganos better than me.

Even if there are 5 Aganos in the world and I’m the best, I could still be a mediocre player. Being the best among one character doesn’t means that you are among the best of the game, even more, doesn’t mean that you are a good player.

You know how to use Aganos, but you can’t put yourself an 8 only because you are good with a character which is underused. I can’t consider you a 8 Aganos since you discovered recently that you can cancel a blocked ruin into instinct, which is PRIMORDIAL for the character.

An 8 rated player should win +70% of his matches against good players. Maybe more.

Again, this is JUST MY OPINION