Please stop adding more characters to this game you are making it impossible for new players

You kinda lost this argument from the very start king hadu. Just saying

1 Like

I really don’t get this perspective, OP. So many fighting games have 30+ characters. SFV will almost assuredly top 30 characters if USF4 is any indication.

But the idea of KI increasing their number from 26 “disgusts” you and the current roster is “already ridiculous” and you “pray there’s no season 4?”

I’m sorry, but that doesn’t wash. To me, it reads like you’re knocking KI for having variety and depth.

You learn the roster by playing the game, regardless of whether you’re new and gave a whole roster to learn or a veteran that’s caught up for the most part. If you enjoy the game, you should enjoy the climb.

If you’re new to any game that others already know, you’ll have that climb regardless, so I don’t see any reason to penalize everyone else by denying them new characters just so newer players can catch up. This makes your Versus game idea all the more odd considering how many characters those games tend to have.

As for hair and what not, I really liked how IG went back and relit the stages. It was a big project that I thought paid off extremely well. I’d really like to see IG make season 4’s project a concerted effort to upgrade the appearance of characters, namely faces, hair, skin textures and clothing textures for both current and retro versions.

Obviously, some won’t have to be touched up at all. But there are some, and we all know who they are, that could use some significant overhauling.

1 Like

Will talk about this in a video I’m making this week.

Yeah but how does one learn to play 26 characters? and to be able to play online you need to know all 26 characters.

SFV is going a different route capcom has realized the error in their ways, which is why SF5 is so easily accessible to new players I highly doubt they are going to introduce much more characters than this.

KI is better off adding new costumes etc There is already too much characters besides, what new character are they even going to add? there isn’t any really to add. This is why they are better off focusing on like say KI vs MK or something than continue to add more to KI. A KI vs MK would start off with a small roster.

I think if Microsoft even cares about their xbox fighting community they would try to strike a deal with a VS fighting game specifically KI vs something. Because as it stands Xbox One is a very very poor platform for fighting games I don’t even know of a single person who bought an xbox one to tell you the honest truth. Everybody I know into fighting games has bought either a PS4 or PC

You learn to play them by playing them. Knowing how to play is not a prerequisite to going online; going online is a fast way to learn how to play.

[quote=“KingHadu, post:25, topic:12794, full:true”]SFV is going a different route capcom has realized the error in their ways, which is why SF5 is so easily accessible to new players I highly doubt they are going to introduce much more characters than this.
[/quote]

The route SFV is taking also results in highly homogenized designs, a far cry from the kind of uniqueness we get in KI. I’ll pass. Plus, for all its accessibility, breaking through to top level play is still dependent on funky and unintuitive option selects that you won’t learn by simply playing.

[quote=“KingHadu, post:25, topic:12794, full:true”]KI is better off adding new costumes etc There is already too much characters besides, what new character are they even going to add? there isn’t any really to add. This is why they are better off focusing on like say KI vs MK or something than continue to add more to KI. A KI vs MK would start off with a small roster.

I think if Microsoft even cares about their xbox fighting community they would try to strike a deal with a VS fighting game specifically KI vs something. Because as it stands Xbox One is a very very poor platform for fighting games I don’t even know of a single person who bought an xbox one to tell you the honest truth. Everybody I know into fighting games has bought either a PS4 or PC
[/quote]

No arguments with you on the value of costumes, but saying they should make a VS game is directly opposed to your complaints of roster size. VS games traditionally have some of the largest roster sizes of any fighters.

6 Likes

I am actually sympathetic to the challenge of learning all the matchups, and KI does require more matchup knowledge than some other games because:

1. More than six characters are actually viable
  2. You need to understand the breaker game as well

But you really need to work on expressing yourself in more productive ways. Try taking at least half an hour after your last salty loss before you come on the forums and post. Trust me, it will help.

Since others have pretty much covered the good stuff, I will pull out this:

I don’t see how you could think that. VS games have big rosters, and you would need to fully represent each game. I don’t see any possibility for a functional VS game with a roster any smaller than SF x Tekken and that had 38 characters at launch, plus 12 DLC characters (including many series favorites withheld to get people to buy this) for a final roster (including 5 guests) of 55 characters. So at launch, SF x Tekken had 12 MORE characters than KI S3. You would be better off adding 8 new characters for S4 if too many characters is impossible for new players.

6 Likes

You don’t need to learn how to play 26+ characters. You really need to learn just 1. The other 25 you need to learn how to deal with. It’s easier to learn how to deal with another character than how to play them.

Your best option is to come to the forums whenever you encounter some gimmick or setup you don’t know how to deal with and ask about it. You’ll get a response reasonably quick from someone that figured it out.

Use the fact that the game has been out so long to your advantage, and feed off the knowledge of other players.

5 Likes

If I find any resource that has tried to leverage all the knowledge of other players in an easy-to-read format, I’ll be sure to let you know.

9 Likes

So i wanna play Thunder, how hard is he?

He’s about this hard: http://ki.infil.net/thunder.html

(among the easier characters to get started with)

1 Like

^ Thanks thats a really good site wow

1 Like

I’ll pass your kind words on to the guy who wrote it!

16 Likes

Uhh
 wouldn’t that be you? :joy:

1 Like

Oh yeah!

Thanks for reminding me, I was having a brutal time finding this other guy

7 Likes

Hmm very interesting. Thunder looks so sick I got to like thunder immediately when I saw Rico Suave playing him. I only got KI recently because it came to PC I bought the full supreme edition but ended up giving up but finally came back with a fightstick. This site explains everything in such well details. This is the best thing anyone has ever created SF5 could do with a site like this aswell.

2 Likes

I’m on the OPs boat about the number of characters. We have a good sized roster of very diverse and different characters that differ from each other greatly and have their own strengths and weaknesses, and I think S3 is a good stopping point as far as characters are concerned, I’d rather they devote this time coming forward to instead refine the game and add more of the “fluff” that people have been clamoring for such as stages, ultimates, more stage ultras, game modes etc. the fact that we now have ALL of the original cast and then some marks a good number of characters, for me at least.

I’m all for more characters. I actually enjoy the 5 KI story characters & 3 guests in a season if that becomes a thing. This allows Microsoft to advertise 2 games at one time.

I could be wrong, but I feel as soon as KI stops getting new characters the game is done. I mean even SFIV had dlc fighter up until the end You’re just gonna have to learn the match ups if you want to up the difficulty of your game.

I’m wondering why they just can’t make another fighting game lol

“Is that all you got?”

creative expansion would bring another game featuring IG designed characters in a completely different setting, rich environments and unreal engine.

Does it HAVE to be killer instinct? No, but to save this game from being a worry fest of guest characters and tropes where is the harm in at least one more fighting game-

Then, THAT new sleek fighting game could have Jago or Fulgore AS A GUEST!!

Limitations are going to make this hex engine based game fun, yet dated and helpless to expand with new technology

1 Like

Actually since IG got a new leader in the company there was talk something along side KI. An IG fighting game would be interesting indeed. The. Charecter designs everyone loves from them. Plus I’m curious what kind of fighting game mechanics they would create. Something ki like? Something never seen before? How would their experience balancing ki show in this new game where that 2 way interaction might not be a thing

If the consistency of the 2way interaction isn’t there, count me out. This KI completely changed how I look at the genre, and I cannot look back. Less interaction and we all might as well chase that Capcom money.

1 Like