Please put lower level AI difficulty back the way it was pre-3.7

I love watching AI matches on any game on the hardest difficulty, but I’d also love the option to watch player replays online, like the ones from Ultra Street Fighter IV.

1 Like

I don’t think once anyone said the hard difficulties should be changed. Just that them being fixed changed lower difficulties which need to be scaled back. Ai Vs Ai doesn’t really matter here as there is no player interaction, just visual. Yeah it’s fun to watch once in a while but Kyle shenanigans shouldn’t happen at easy/medium or even hard difficulty. Let alone in Normal shadow lords.

4 Likes

I’m more than a little embarrassed to admit that I played Gargos with health regen on challenging last night with all characters decked out in killer level Snake guardians, embalmed wolf hearts, full instinct, full shadow meters and the highest level attack and defense nanobots, 25% critical and attacking depletes instinct/shadow meter for all three characters and still lost last night.

Shin Hisako was my first character and she just got wrecked. I mean utterly wrecked. His health recharged to full in the time it took the match to end. Spinal and Jago fared better, but I never even got to the point where I took his final life bar before he rises up again.

This sucks. This isn’t fun. I swear I’m not as salty as I (definitely) sound, but I’m just stating an opinion here. If I jump, he slams the ground, the purple/green light pops me and he’s on me for a long, juggle filled combo. Doing anything basically ends up with me eating a combo. Obviously, he’s supposed to be the boss and he’s supposed to be hard and cheap, I get that.

But MK2 Shao Khan was never this bad in the arcades. I don’t get why this level of punishment is supposed to be fun. If I wanted to play a Souls game, I’d play that. If I wanted godlike difficulty, I’d play that level. There’s a highest difficulty level that I stay away from for this very reason, but I DON’T want that level changed just to suit me.

But Challenging? If they were simply called Easy, Medium and Hard, then I’m talking about a medium level of difficulty that destroys me. Again, not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but as far as feedback goes, I can’t state my opinion any more clearly than this difficulty isn’t fun.

I don’t want an easy road to victory, but sitting and watching my characters eat combo after combo because I had the audacity to jump or to move or to press any button on the controller on medium level difficulty? I’m not even exaggerating. Gargos is this bad, and the Very Hard / Impossible battles on this medium difficulty level aren’t much better.

Some of the AI is unforgiving to the point where I don’t feel like any strategy is worth utilizing and all I can do to compete is bring the Velveeta. To me, that goes too far away from really playing and in to the direction of solving the game. There should be both, at least on medium level.

Again, keep Godlike as it is now, hell, make it more difficult if that’s what people want. But put Challenging back the way it was and Normal too for that matter. Shadow Lords is supposed to be a more casual leaning mode to begin with. At least have the bottom two difficulties reflect that a bit so everyone can enjoy it, or maybe add another, easier difficulty level below Normal.

And if this is all in my head and the difficulty hasn’t changed and we’re all wrong here? Then please take this as my humble request to please lower the difficulty on Challenging and Normal for Shadow Lords and if you raised the difficulty on AI in other modes, as I’m fairly certain I checked and found this to be the case before, then I’d ask that those lower / mid level difficulties be changed / changed back as well.

2 Likes

I believe it is being looked into, I have video of mimic’s being ridiculous on normal… So I can only imagine challenging or godlike. I had a Jago mimic shadow dp my jab in neutral. It wasn’t a meaty, it wasn’t a frame trap, just a raw neutral jab. Jago starts up his Shadow DP within 1 frame of me pressing the button, the animation hadn’t even started yet lol… In that same match he punished my parry window on cr hp with an early activation shadow that hit the frame the parry window was done. If Mimics do that, Gargos is unbeatable.

The vid is a few posts up

2 Likes

Glad I wasn’t the only one who buffed my entire team into oblivion and still got rekt on challenging.

2 Likes

I hope they fix it as well, keep kyle the same for us cpu vs cpu lovers and fix the lower difficulties; balance shadow lords difficulty.

1 Like

With some of the reactions I’ve seen, I think the AI is dipping into the Shadow Lab pool and complimenting it with Killer/Kyle Ai on occasion. I’ve never seen an AI mash jab block checking me then jump for a crossup. That is very much a human thing only taught to an AI in shadow lab.

1 Like

I’ve always said this is the worst guardian against Boss Gargos, unless you have a guaranteed way of cashing out damage like Hisako’s command grab loop. You’re better off with Fractured Ward or Exemplar.

1 Like

I tend to prefer the Snake guardians because they allow me to do the most damage with the least amount of actual contact with Gargos. If I can open him up, just one auto, straight in to tender and he starts losing potential damage. If I can open him up again, I can take a significant chunk of life from him.

At least that’s how it’s always worked for me. Given the AI spike since 3.7, I agree that Fractured Ward might be the better way to go. It just sucks because I can’t get a killer fractured ward to save my life. I have two crimsons and then the rest are below killer, so I feel like I’m sacrificing both damage and defense by using non-killer guardians.

As for Exemplar, I’m honestly terrible with it, but that’s on me. I should try and improve with it.

I had enough gems to buy 2 crimson fractured wards, and I got killer when they sold the killer pack. “100,000 gems to get one killer of each of the 5 first guardians” The only time I use a snake on Gargos is when I used Rash, because his lights are so fast. I just would keep hitting until one got in. I know that I will never have the skill to use the Exemplar one. To me that is just a wasted guardian.

On a side note, get you get all your Omen dossiers? I have all characters ones but Jago and Shin Hisako.

Yeah I have two crimson fractured wards as well. I have four killer snake guardians and I’ve drawn at least five killer rams (I think I carry two and transmuted the other three), yet for whatever reason, I can’t get a killer fractured ward to save my life. I think the only other killer level guardian I can’t seem to come by is the owl, but that’s it.

I really do need to rework my strategy on Gargos. I was trying to do small combos and drain his health with snake, but he’s honestly so hard to hit now, much less combo, that fractured ward is probably the better way to go. Of course, that assumes that any press of a button or even dpad doesn’t end up with me eating a combo the second I press something lol.

Yeah I FINALLY got the last Omen dossier a few nights ago! From an Omen shadow, no less. So now all I have left are four Shin Hisako dossiers. I believe that there are seven total? I got the first two pretty quickly. Possibly on the same playthrough, then the third one came a few days later, but now the well seems to have dried up.

Obviously I hardly get to play against a Shin Hisako, since the odds of fighting one are, what, 1 in 28? Well, they might weight things a certain way, but who knows. So the fact that the dossiers are simply not dropping when I do actually wind up fighting one… Yeah, arg. All I can do is keep playing, I guess.

I have four left for Shin Hisako, between Lion and Astral Tiki, there are six, and then of course, the )%^#%#^%# Mask of the Ancients lol. So yeah, eleven left. Hoping the six guardians fall pretty quickly, but guessing Shin Hisako and the one that shall not be named take longer. Sitting at 101% right now, how about you? Still can’t believe Jago’s being so stubborn for ya!

I went through 20 play though with ShinH. That is what it takes to unlock the mimmic if you don’t count fighting stray mimmics. 20 play though and still not one Jago drop. No Hatchery III either and undid that full quest 3 times during the 20 runs. Each run was 30 days.

On the good side, I am at 99% and the guardian dossiers will put me over 100%. Then I am done. I am getting tired off a mode that “at least for me” has a problem. Also that they are not offering any help on the “Mask” dossier. It is like they want you to give up and just buy the DE that has the skin code.

I am happy that you got your last Omen dossier

100% !!! I got it. :smile:

1 Like

Killer FW does +70% DEF and DMG passively and allows you to bypass most of Gargos’ BS. Which basically leads to the same number of openings needed, but with the chance to open him up more which is relatively easy if your character has good heavy buttons.

The problem with using FW is that once Gargos breaks the first heavy, then somehow he breaks the rest of the heavys with a 90% success rate. I use Riptor, and after he breaks the first flame, then he will break it every time I do it past the open move.

The problem for the AI is that there is no middle ground. Either it breaks almost everything, or almost nothing. When it comes to Gargos, I beat him badly or he beats me horribly.

The real truth is that I can’t even imagine beating Gargos with less than a killer FW. My last battle looks like this.

2 crimson FW
1 gold FW
3 characters with 25 damage Boost
3 characters with 25 damage reduction
2 characters with mummy item that drains his health during the while match.

This is alot to use on Gargos that is not in the godlike setting.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d love to get a killer FW, but for some reason, the game doesn’t want to comply. :slight_smile: I’ve purchased tons of killer packs, I have killer snakes, killer rams, killer exemplars and killer tigers coming out of my ears, yet for some reason, I can’t get a killer FW. Would be nice though!

The crimson is better. The killer FW does 10% more damage, but doesn’t recharge. I use my crimson for my first 2 characters. The 3rd one is the one that gets the killer one. If I make it to the 3rd character, then I am already in trouble.

2 Likes

The AI did get more annoying in shadow lords but also single player.

1 Like

That’s a lot of stuff… I’m not sure you need all that.

I wish you luck, in fact I predict that you will receive a Killer FW (possibly Crimson, but mostly Killer) within your next 3 Killer Packs! :smiley:

2 Likes

From your lips to the Shadow Lords ears, man! :slight_smile:

1 Like

News flash, Shadow version of players are far better at teaching you how to play than standard AIs. That’s what I heard from a experienced player giving a tip to a new player who just started You can do AIs to get your feet wet but it becomes a habbit later when you are repeating the same tatics over and over without switching up your moves.

Beacuse using the same move over and over is not gonna get someone vary far. Maybe an AI but not a player.