Please... No more guest characters... Don't make the same mistake as Ed Boon

I hope so to, COME ON IG!!! Exercise that creativity, we want to see what other concepts you haven’t done yet.

Actually @WandaMaximoff has pretty much won this thread. That’s hard data showing that the current guest characters have double the YouTube views of the most popular KI character - which has about double the average for a KI character.

I’m not suggesting this means everyone should love guests - that’s up to you. But at least you should understand what is going on here. I’ve always been someone who argues that KI is doing great as long as I can get online and find a match. However, we are seeing clear evidence that MS wants to increase the number of people playing the game, and there is no question that guest characters are going to do that.

2 Likes

True, but at least make some room for some new characters that are in the KI universe.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind one more guest, tbh…

Guests make the game fun! :smiley:

1 Like

As much as we might not like it, it’s ture and it’s exactly what will improve the install base on KI. More than eyedoll, eagle or whenever we’d LOVE to see from KI lore.

I wrote this on it take a read;

The hard truth tho is that Arbiter fits into this game perfectly BECUASE IG are so talented. They have sculpted everything so its completely in tune.

His play style is unique and his combo traits are brilliant!

If he was just another alien outside of Halo people here would love him. Forget hes a guest guys and look at thoes match ups :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I have yet to see a fighting game with any guest character that I liked.
So far, no guest character appeals to me in any of them.

If the guest character appealed to me, then I might accept it in. But so far… I prefer there were no guest characters at all.

WHAAA??

you don’t like predator, Link, Spawn, Ezio, Heihachi, Predator, Alien, Jason, Leatherface, Master Cheif, Darth Vader, Yoda, Freddy Kruger, Scorpion, All 3rd party Smash Bros, Arbiter, Rash, (3rd KI guest character)!!!

C’mon you should like at least one :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I shouldn’t do anything, no.

Smash is a clash-game, so it doesn’t bother me that there are guest characters from other franchises than Nintendo… however, I don’t play Smash either way, so it wouldn’t bother me either way.

As for the others you mention - no, I don’t like them as guest characters. I think Link, Spawn and Ezio as characters within their respective franchises are awesome, but I do not like them in Soul Calibur. None of the guest characters in Mortal Kombat appeal to me one bit, not even in their own franchises. I don’t care about Star Wars, Scorpion is one of my least favourite MK characters, I don’t care about Halo, I find Heihachi boring even in Tekken… you forgot to mention Kratos who is in both Soul Calibur and MK9, but no, I don’t like him in either those games, though I do like him in God of War.

The only character I think is kinda cool to see is Rash, but only because he is a throwback to when Rare was glorious. As a character, I don’t really care about him though.

1 Like

I would agree, though I am not going to be surprised if we get one more, I’d love for it to be more about the KI native cast.

I wonder how is it no one is able to correlate the idea that this is a new KI game and all old characters can ave a new spin, everybody did the same for Eyedol. You can’t decide on how good he’ll be or not because of what he did in the past games.

Video-game or other wise Guests take away slots from potential native KI characters. I get that people want their favorite dude from some other franchise to join in, but I feel those folks will not even become fans of the franchise when the next game comes along, it’s a coin flip.

I don’t really want KI to end up like SC4 where everyone was like “hurr durr that game with Yoda and Vader” though I admit that is reaching a bit.

Also: I agree with @WandaMaximoff while it’s so fun to hate on MS for some poeple, don’ forget, KI may have NEVER came back into existence if they decided not to give this game another chance. MS may be veiwd negatively but they have good sides, just as Nintendo and Sony have bad sides to them as well. There is no such thing as a pure good company.

All because of that?..you hate MS because of that? people have hated MS for alot worse things dude, don’t get me wrong but while it’s reasonable to expect everything you buy to work, this isn’t as bad as other cases.

I really haven’t had any real issues with MS personally or really any game companies for that matter, just little things I disliked, such as Nintendo’s Sakurai adding way to many Fire-Emblem characters, or I was iffy about a specefic platform like Sony’s PS4 with games. But that has all sinced changed and so on.

And before ya go calling fan-boy I shall tell you that I do not favor any particular console. Infact I also have a PS4 and Wii-U.

I’ll tell you this functionality wise: the PS4 and XB1 both work prety well and so close personally it’s just based on taste and what games you want.

You really can’t go wrong with one or the other.

2 Likes

That was just a personal issue.

Im aware they have done worse.

Like when the L4D DLC was supposed to be free, but they refused to do that, and they made us pay.

Not like that can’t happen with other companies, hell I bet Sony would of done the same thing.

The bottom line is, while it’s understandable you may not like MS you should remember that no company is free of sin, not even Nintendo, and especially Sony.

Honestly I’m gonna say this: At LEAST they are not like Konami who’ve pretty much said F-U to their whole audience to go make money with slot machines.

I’m just here waiting for Spider-Man to be in KI…

Just waiting…

Any time now…

@JEFFRON27
No Argument there, and I do agree that too many guest characters does create a problem. Because some people still would like to see their favorites return in MKX. I welcome the predator and alien, and considering Jason’s credentials and what he went through like space, I could kind of see his choice, but leather face? NOPE!!! regardless, I would prefer to replace the guest characters with

Sindel, Rain, Baraka, and Noob Saibot.

Back on topic, I think the Arbiter and Rash were a welcomed addition. I don’t think their should be anymore guest characters at this point. Still, it is getting out of hand.

I agree and disagree, guest can be good if they are limited, 2 guests in a game with 26 characters is fine, 4 guest in a roster of 28 is over kill, I go by this metric, 2 guest per 20 characters is fine so if we were to get another guest it would be one more in season 4 which would be 3 guests and 34 total, anymore then that and the game starts feeling less like its own series and more of a way to show off your ips.

This thread is about a year late. They’re already invested in whatever comes next.

People can still talk about it though.

The way I’ve always seen guest characters in video games is that it is no different than putting a brand new character to the franchise into the game. The only difference is that one has already made a name for themselves and the other has not.

Is Arbiter any different from KanRa?
The answer is no because either way it’s a brand new character for the game.

1 Like

To me it does: While it was neat for Arby to make it, I often could imagine if it was a brand new, native KI character wit his kind of mechanics and game-play.

He’s not really associated with KI so there fore he is indeed different from Kan-Ra

1 Like

I think the real big issue people have with guest characters is they don’t have longevity when it comes to a franchise, which is what most people here hope KI becomes again. Look at other fighting games…is there still a spartan in DOA 5? Is Kratos still in MKX? Has Link or Spawn been in any other Soul Calibur games? No, which means any time I spent learning how to get at the right angle with Link to throw the other guy into a ringout (Yes it was cheap, but it was gloriously cheap) is useless if I play Soul Calibur 4 or 5. Ryu from Street Fighter though…well, I’m sure you can see where I’m going with this.