Please just let me pay to unlock astral plane!

i agree, just let us put in $5 and get astral plane lol

1 Like

I just want to thank everyone who is giving me advice. I came in here raving, more angry than eyedol’s warrior head, and instead of being told off, you guys calmed me down and gave me advice. This means a lot to me. Thank you! And I will kill gargos. After pretending to be a redneck coyote on stage for an hour.

2 Likes

How do you unlock Eyedol to play?

There is a quest line from Kan-Ra that you have to beat to get him. Trust me, he is practically required, because he is immune to Portal Punch and other Gargos projectiles.

1 Like

Also, the Snake Guardian will begin poisoning the third health bar if the effect is active. So cutting the regeneration down with a heavy attack and poison turning about 50%-70% of that half bar into PD makes the third bar a cakewalk.

Protip: Hit Gargos with a grounded Heavy has he’s regenerating with stone skin, cancel into a single hit special and then block. Gargos will, 99% of the time, pop his instinct breaker to end your combo after the first couple of hits. So you can bait it out, block it and get your free combo while he’s negative to take the last health bar with Snake on.

1 Like

also don’t forget the consumables which can give you up to 25% more damage and take 25% less damage in up to 3 turns.

Make sure you have those equipped.

When the Gargos arrives screen comes up, you always have a chance to go back to barracks and ensure you have the most needed items for the only fight you may need them most for. Things like shadow worms & nanobots giving % after fights are useless when Gargos has arrived, concentrate on adding consumables like spider talismans and greater restore that load you up with instinct and shadow meter and pair those with a nice epic rusty thumbnail or one of the epic MK artifacts and you’ll most likely take down Gargos with even your first fighter!

To add to that ensure you use a character you have some dojo knowledge of, you must know a good bit of combo and recover tech if not frame / negative on block type info. I rely on offense even with Kim Wu, who is more of a whiff punisher/ defense master, cause she’s so dang FUN to go in and surprise them with all that trickery and such! ( especially in the larger characters/ Jago / Shagos who think they will win lol)

Good luck the astral plane is a nice present and the moment you unlock you realize why it’s better to not have it immediately for purchase! It’s one of the best rewards in KI since 2013

Then again, @TempusChaoti this may be a great way to fund more costumes :grin: they WANT to pay!!

I agree with this just because I didn’t really care to play through shadow lords…if someone didn’t like it kind of annoying that this is the only way to get the stage.

Your best main with “Hammer of Sol” the “Mummy Talismen” some damage and def boosters, and full instinct and shadow meter.

Now go kill Gargos :>

Keep playing on normal difficulty till your stronger.

I remember back when Shago’s stage can only be unlocked by beating shadow jago and that fight was HARD when I first started, especially after 101 losses after 4 hours of fighting him. Add the next day and 34 losses later=VICTORY

1 Like

I just beat Gargos!

4 Likes

This is not a super crazy Gargos anymore, he should be easy now. He was way more difficult during the Shadow Lord release. But if your still having trouble I suggest using Hisako and command grab him every time he gets up, as soon as he gets up… QCB Punch!! And like some of these guys said, use Snake Guardian or even Vampire Bat… Good Luck Buddy!

I just beat him! I used Eyedol, and had the Killer Snake Guardian and Pristine Mummy equipped. Also some consumable that gave me unblockable attacks. I completely bypassed his third life bar by kicking him.

1 Like

Cool, so did you unlock your stage… Try that Hisako technique. It cheap as hell but it works. Let her go first then your best people. If you do it right, the other guys won’t even have to fight…

I got it. I now have all the stages. Next time I play Shadow Lords, if ever, I will try Hisako. But honestly I don’t think it would have bean possible without Eyedol.

Eyedol is whack… JK

Go Spinal

[quote=“SirRadG, post:13, topic:17647, full:true”]
When he starts to regenerate and rise, hit him with a grounded heavy attack and it will cut his life regeneration short. This may not be common knowledge as it’s not mentioned in-game, but is very important.[/quote]

I’ve mashed heavy attacks during his resurrects and the attacks seem to all whiff, letting Gargos gain a full life meter.

Also tried searching YouTube for insight and found nothing related, so is there a specific moment when the heavy attack should happen? That is,should it be before or after Gargos rises back up?

When he’s up and flapping his wings right after both of his feet straightened out hit him with a heavy at most he’ll have 3/4 of his health bar still left.

1 Like

I don’t know how I did it, but when I hit him in that situation he lost his third bar completely.

I actually had something similar happen to me as well with Kilgore. As he was about to die he popped instinct and I shot him overheated guns and he still had a tiny sliver of health and he fell down and began getting up while laughing and then fell down again for good and I won.

I lost as Kilgore due to a timeout :confused:

1 Like

Eyedol, he has an ability in SL that makes him immune to ranged attacks from Omen and Gargos (and minions too i believe) Pair that with a killer guardian for the damage boost and also use nanobots for +25% extra attack and defence.

After a while he becomes easy to beat if you know what you are doing

1 Like