Please don't make her nunchakus a projectile!

Hi IG/MS,
Thank you for all these wonderful characters over the last year or so.

One simple request (and I hope it can still be fixed if damage is done already). I remember that Maya’s daggers are actually programmed as projectiles and therefore no skins are available for them because of the way her daggers are coded. Please, please, please don’t make this mistake with Kim’s nunchuks. I am really looking forward to having skins for her weapon. It would be such a huge disappointment if her weapon cannot be customized through skins (because of a technical limitation due to coding).

Thanks, that’s all.

(Edited my original post to reflect that I mean the programming aspect of it. The technical issue that prevents the game from using skins for Maya’s daggers. I don’t think Kim’s nunchuks will actually be thrown)

6 Likes

Make them reflect projectiles though.

3 Likes

I seriously doubt IG are going to make her throw her nunckaku but then again they put Rash from Battletoads in the game so from now on I will always consider anything stupid is possible. However I do think if she has no projectile to be a better option and to make her able to deflect projectiles back at opponents an even better idea.

1 Like

Now since when are nunchakus EVER use as projectile weapons in the first place? :confused:

Just a precaution. I do not know how they will code/ program her weapon to work or what moves they intend to add. I am just praying it will not be the same “mistake” (sorry…intentional design) as Maya :frowning:

1 Like

i could say the exact same thing about daggers.

I think most of us have seen or heard of throwing knives or the like, however. Off the top of my head I can think of three movies where someone has thrown a dagger or short sword. I literally cannot think of a single instance in videogames, books, movies, or even anime, where someone has chucked a nunchaku at someone else… :confused:

I highly doubt it will be an issue.

1 Like

You are right, I think. But it is about an old discussion on the appearance of Maya’s daggers. I believe they said that her daggers are coded in such a way that the game considers them projectiles at all times and there is no way to customize them. I just added this to OP for clarification.

I doubt Kim Wu’s nunchuks will be thrown, but it’s about the ability to customize them. As long as these are not programmed like Maya’s daggers we should be good…I hope

1 Like

It would be cool because I would like a simple nunchaku design with a chain instead of a string or strap.

1 Like

Throwing daggers are incredibly common. Throwing nunchaku is unheard of.

2 Likes

yes but thats a one time throw, they wont come back and they arent “use once” weapons. I saw movies where they throw the pistol when the magazine is empty but that doesn’t make a pistol a projectile.

I said before that the nunchakus shouldn’t be projectiles, it would be incredibly stupid, much more than daggers, and I like mayas playstyle with the daggers, im not complaining about them. I was just saying that the argument from the poster I replied to could be made about daggers as well.

1 Like

I highly doubt this will happen. She already has a projectile. No reason to give her another one.

2 Likes

Kokiken/Fireflower if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

I think everyone agrees that she won’t get another projectile.

As long as her nunchuks are programmed like most characters’ weapons (Orchid, Jago, etc) then we should be able to get new skins in the future (unlike Maya).

1 Like

Kim doesn’t throw her nunchaku. They are not an accessory, though.

5 Likes

Thanks, happy and sad at the same time.
:slight_smile: :crying_cat_face: :

3 Likes

On the bright side, that probably means that she gets a (slightly) different set of nunchucks with each color ;D

I don’t think that will happen since the nunchaku aren’t accessories that means there won’t be a chained nunchaku variation or a simple nunchaku variation without the dragon design. I think that is what @TempusChaoti was alluding to :crying_cat_face:

I know that the actual variation of shapes won’t be interchangeable (which is a bit of a bummer), but what I meant was that they’ll at least change color and texture depending on the skin chosen. Like other characters (Fulgore, Spinal, Orchid, Hisako, etc) I have a feeling there will be slight variations on her weapon’s appearance, like the designs nunchaku match the color/patterns on the dress/gi Kim is wearing.
I assume, anyway. Fingers crossed.

1 Like