Perfect Quality Games Thread

What games do you find to be AND are in your eyes overall perfect high-quality games? Also, if you want to, feel free to give your OWN overall personal rating(s) of your perfect games :wink:

Ori and the Blind Forest along with Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition are currently the two games that I find to be AND are in my eyes overall perfect high-quality games. In fact, just about EVERYTHING with Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition are perfect overall and at the same time screams PERFECTION as well as oozes VERY HIGH-QUALITY contents from the absolutely stunning and gorgeous visuals/graphics/artstyle to the engaging and emotional storyline/narrative as well as the unforgetable characters (including Ori, of course) right down to the gameplay’s amazingly precise game mechanics and the game’s extremely fluid and precise control system as well as the supremely beautiful soundtrack. And speaking about its OST, even the music is absolute perfection as it perfectly fits in with each and every gameplay moments and cutscenes as well as within the different, variously diverse areas/locations, environments, and flora and fauna of Ori and the Blind Forest and (now) Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition. Plus such an amazing, awesome, and great as well as impressive, memorable, and well-made game. :grinning: :grin: :smiley: :smile: :blush: :relaxed:

Oh yeah, almost forgot to add this: Another thing about Ori and the Blind Forest that makes it such a perfect, high-quality game is its VERY unique and neat saving feature/system where you can save your game progress practically just about ANYWHERE in Ori and the Blind Forest :slight_smile:

Bravo, kudos, and congratulations. Superbly well done and excellent, stupendous job too. My hats off to you as well even, Moon Studios :clap: :ok_hand: :sunglasses:

Now these are my OWN overall personal ratings for BOTH Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition:
5/5
10/10
100/100
Two big :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I’ll probably think of a few more later and some should probably be put into context of the time they were released, but here goes:

Skyrim! (Cant wait for the remaster)
Mass Effect series
Red dead redenption
Super Mario brother 3
Super mario world
Secret of mana
Chrono Trigger (Love that Frog song)
Perfect Dark
Ori and the Blind Forest
Shovel Knight
The first reboot of Tomb Raider (havent played the Rise of the Tomb Raider yet, a friend wil trade it to me soon)
Final fantasy 7
Metal Gear Solid
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil 2 (last 4 games were to me frorm the golden age of gaming, so fond memories)
Braid
Ninja Gaiden (xbox)
Super Metroid
Castlevania symphony of the night
Megaman X 1

F-Zero GX
Redout (Coming next year)
Riptide GP: Renegade
Gears of War
Wipeout
Formula Fusion
Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 & 3
Spyro 1, 2 & 3
Virtua Fighter

Timesplitters: Future Perfect
NHL Hitz 2003
Left 4 Dead

1 Like

Pac man
Donkey Kong Country (original and return)
Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion
Galaga
Skyrim(should be on everyone’s list)
Super Mario Bros.
Mega Man
Smash Bros.(all of them)
Jet Force Gemini
Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Body Harvest
Pong
Battletoads Battle Maniacs
Beyond Good and Evil
Soul Calibur 2
Earthworm Jim

Quoted for truth!

So many great games listed here and what makes a “perfect” game will differ between everyone. Here’s my list:

F-Zero GX
Super Mario 64
Gears of War 3
Final Fantasy VI
Metroid Prime
Shenmue II
Super Smash Bros Melee
Dead Space 2
Silent Hill 2

i’d say bayonetta is absolutely perfect for the two major things it absolutely nails
first of all the base gameplay is absolutely brilliant. the basic idea is that you have simple combos (punch punch punch kick kick kick) that do increasing damage and knockback the longer they go on. in addition, you have a dodge that you can do in the middle of a combo (punch punch dodge punch kick kick kick). if you dodge correctly you slow down time and power up all your attacks. this means you can always be on the offensive but you still have to pay attention to the enemies so you can dodge correctly. when you’ve been playing the game a while you get into a beautiful rhythm where nothing can touch you and you pull fantastic combos out of your head all the time.
the second is that it’s overloaded with content. there’s at least two secret bosses, lots of weapons and a huge variety of equipment that you can mess around with. because there’s so many ways to vary up the gameplay i don’t think i could ever get bored with the game.

1 Like

Oh My God Yes!

(Cant “Quote” something that is also a “Quote”, so i have to tag these 2 names)…
@VergoVan @Draigh

I seem to be the only one in history who hates Skyrim. The Engine it is on is probably the clunkiest, ugliest, most in-human feeling engine i’ve ever played. And after about 20 minutes in, the story seems non-existent. Or at least very un-interesting. I cant bring myself to finish it. Does it really get better? I mean, WHAT is the “thing” that makes everyone love it? Does the story get wild? THAT would make me want to finish it.

My personal “Best Games List”:

• Undertale
    – I HATE most rpg’s, HATE modern games with retro graphics / sounds, and HATE over-hyped indie games. Even with all of that, This games’ story, dialogue, comedy, and atmosphere make it the single greatest immersive game i have ever played.

• Sonic Adventure 2
    – This game has just as much “Jank” as other Sonic Games, But the important parts are nailed so perfectly, that it is the single greatest representation of what a Sonic game should be. Music, Gameplay Mechanics, Re-playability, and Flow. Where the game lacks in Pretty-ness, it makes up for in handling / concept.

• Shadow The Hedgehog
    – Just Kidding… Moving on…

• Tetris
    – For fun, or for Competition, you cant get much better than this. Not an interesting game, DEFINITELY not flashy, but stable, and mechanically perfect.

• Halo 2
    – Halo 1 built so much hype, it seems impossible to follow it up with a better sequel. But Halo 2 was PERFECT. FPS games are made fun of for having no interesting content outside of competitive multiplayer, but Halo 2 managed to perfect MULTIPLAYER AND STORY above anyone’s expectations. Halo 2 can be summed up with this: “You thought the last game was perfect? Watch THIS!”

• Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock
    – An odd one, I know, but when it comes to “Delivering on promises”, Guitar Hero does it best. The franchise can’t really expand, and that is causing it to loose popularity FAST, but the reason it cant get any better is because there’s nothing TO GET BETTER AT! You wanna feel like a rock god? Play the game! Simple as that. Such a simple, beautiful formula… that there really is nothing more to add to it.

There is no “Perfect” game because games are made great by the place where quality is PURPOSEFULLY left out. Undertale would not be as good with fancy graphics. Tetris would not be as good if it had any “personality”. Halo 2 would not be as good if it were more “realistic”. Guitar hero would not be as good with a complex story.

I chose my titles based on how they achieved “Perfection” in the correct areas to make them successful.

Skyrim has so much going for it that I like, that makes it the best game I ever played to date (and I’ve been playing gams since super mario brothers).

That said there are things one might be turned off by, like the open world aspect (my brother likes tight scripted games, not open world ones), and yes the interface can be a bit clunky, although its still decent not a dealbreaker, just takes some getting used to. And the items in the menu look great, especially the way you can view them from all sides.
My only personal gripe is ugly faces, but thats Bethesda games for you, Fallout has the same (do you like Fallout by the way?)

Now what is great about Skyrim:
*the feel/world is epic
*the battle with the dragons is still my most awesome videogame moment, especially when you feel you’ve grown strong enough to deal with them, or even when you encounter one you would rather run from because you feel like an ant in comparison.
*the freedom it offers (a personal thing), and being able to get multiple ways to solve things in the world.
*when you walk into a new town/city and you walk around and look up to all the buildings, all of which you can enter, unlike most rpg villages, also the first person view really shines here, it just all feels so solid, when I walk into a house I own in the game and sit down, I really feel like the weary world traveller.
*the dragon shouts
*the music, especially the theme song
*the easthetics of the works (I remember seeing the trailer with that song and the camera just flying over the world and it just felt so beautiful and magical and amazing, havent seen a trailer impress me as much since.
*the daedric princes sidequests which are some of the most magical and humerous quests in videogame history…(while being mere sideguests)
*finding new gear and making your character better
*the first person combat firing fireballs from my character and than having to block that incoming arrow, just feels awesome, even though it might not be the most fluid fighting mechanic, its raw and it feels real and it has impact.
*finding some cave and upon entering discovering a long ago abandoned dwarven kingdom and just knowing there are going to be some awesome quest/lore tidbits and new weapons/items to be discovered.
*the game doesnt overwhelm you with thousands or random generated green/blue/purple items.
*humor
*playing the game for hours on end and then being annoyed about having to quit and go to bed, Because you just want to do this other thing…I played the game (a singleplayer game) somewhere close to 200 hours…thats huge and a big credit to the developers for filling it with that much content.

There are so many things to like about the game, if you like Fallout, then its basically the same idea but in a (to me more interesting) fantasy realm (which has great history especially if your familiar with the previous games).

Could be its just not your cup of tea though, I cant get in the dark souls games which to me feel even more clunky…doesnt mean they are bad games, just not for me…

Like you said, sometimes games just click, Skyrim did just that in a big way, since even years after its still big in a lot of peoples minds…

By the way, agree on halo 2, that game made me play multiplayer hours on end…

2 Likes

I do not like Fallout. I’m aware they are on the same engine, and i do not like them for similar reasons.

When i walk around in those games, i want to throw up. Its just the overall interaction with the world. Player movement, character interactions, menus, combat systems… The whole game feels like its struggling to interact with it’s pieces. You can constantly see and feel the stress of the engine trying to make interactions between items seem natural. It breaks all of my immersion.

I really think the engine is the problem. I am the opposite about the Source engine. I love the Source engine, but i have heard people say they hate every game made on it, so maybe i have a similar issue as those people.

I also feel that people just REALLY enjoy sword-and-shield games. Same thing with fall-out and “post apocalypse” people. I think a HUGE chunk of those games’ success just comes from people who have fantasies of open worlds based around their specific theatrical interests.

If you dont like the theme, there isnt much else to enjoy. (My opinion,)

Having finished Skyrim in its entirety, dropping countless hours in. I have to be honest, there really isn’t all that much that I enjoyed out of it. I just kinda played it because it was popular at the time.

The combat was OK at best and while the battles with the dragons were cool, they didn’t sell me on the game 100%. Ultimately I ended up just working on smithing. The smithing system was the highlight of the experience for me. But I always hated the movement system, and switching to 3rd person only made it all more of a joke to me. They need a new engine, and to rethink their movement. Then I’ll play another Bethesda RPG.

As for my high quality games:

-Any MGS (Take your pick)
-Metal Gear Rising
-Batman Arkham City
-Far Cry 3
-Halo CE/2/3/Reach

EDIT: HOW COULD I FORGET! FREAKING DARK SOULS!

1 Like