PC Issues

You may also want to check out windows defender as it may also sometimes fusk with KI. Disabling all virus protectors first and trying to run the game will tell you if it’s that or not. If you could also be more detailed in your descriptions, you’ll find that there’s many in the community who are more than willing to help you out who play on the PC without incident. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having difficulties enjoying a game that many of us highly value, and the more objective you can be when detailing these errors, the better. I hope you figure out what’s causing these hiccups soon! Would love to spar sometime.

1 Like

mynicknameisout

The only thing I can link it to is when I changed the “DVR” setting from auto to “OFF” to get my Nvidia Shadowplay to stream KI. However since then I have changed it back to Auto and the problem is still here.

This crash only happens at the loading screen after screen pick. I use ESET Smart Security I will attempt trying some other older Nvidia drivers. But overall it looks like I am going to have to delete and seek alternatives. I have never had this much problems with anyother game, and thats saying something since I have played the worst FG games like Injustice and MKX on PC and I would rank this worse off due to the crashing.

Have you considered switching ESET off? I ask because I did a quick google search, and a large part of their security relies on establishing firewalls. Firewalls are a known problem that interfere with some functions of KI (mainly online play). I had the same issue with one of my old virus protection programs, so I may have some idea of what you’re experiencing. The shut off doesn’t have to be permanent, just for QA testing on your own terms.

PC problems are usually a personal PC issue. Not the game.

Its definitely your PC, your set up, or possibly a corrupted file.

Works fine on my Xbox

Also, here’s another thing…

Don’t put a giant WARNING sign on your title. It’ll scare people off because a problem only you are having.

@mynicknameisout yeah I tried switching off ESET firewall but didn’t do anything. Well actually I noticed now that it is finding matches easier and isn’t stuck in the forever finding opponent loop but I cannot say if this is simply coincidence.

Something to note apparently its mainly crashing when I pick thunder. Somehow isn’t crashing with other characters, not sure if is just coincidence.

Hmm. I’ll try picking Thunder as well to see if I can recreate the error on my PC. I only recommended the firewall off trick as the performance in-game is night and day when it’s shut off. Some of the problems with not only KI, but a few other games and apps may also stem from the Windows 10 OS. I’ve had to repair more than a few computers having difficulties on really basic programs because the OS was acting up. I’m wondering if there’s an option to repair certain installations in the control settings if the install didn’t go as planned. I remember there being one, but I can’t be certain. That could explain some of the issues you’re having with Thunder if part of the installation didn’t go according to plan. Off to the lab! :smiley:

@mynicknameisout I find it very odd that disabling my ESET firewall has somehow fixed most of the issues. Especially the “forever finding opponent” loop

I will enable it again and see if the game will work with it on. I notice its working with Thunder now aswell. hmmm if the issue starts back I will reinstall KI for good measures.

Thanks again dude.

1 Like

That’s awesome to hear! I’m happy that KI is working for ya now. I hope your online matches go smoothly dude!

Can we get an “Issue Resolved” tag in the title now?

So what we have learned here thanks to the great @mynicknameisout is that disabling my ESET smart security firewall allows me to find matches in 4 seconds I never though this was possible in KI.

The crash also only happens when I play Thunder the off and on crashes sometimes are still there but those aren’t the ones i was experiencing earlier which was crashing at each match. All other characters work fine except Thunder that crashes hmmmm

So like most of the people that tried to tell you KI on Pc is not unplayable, you really should ask for help rather than declaring something as broken it will save a lot of time in the future.

What we also know is that picking thunder first always crashes the game but if u pick anyother hero and play once then pick thunder after it won’t crash.

I think its time for a reinstall of KI this may help fix most of the problems with crashing thunder I think.

it seems very odd to me it will crash with Thunder you know what let me change out my thunder gear put on a different accessory and see if that helps

I’m also going to try troubleshooting Thunder to see if I can recreate it. It would really suck if the install went bad.

@mynicknameisout I noticed changing my Thunder attire allows the game to load and not crash. Looks like there is some kind of bug with a specific combination of accessory on Thunder.

I doubt you would recreate this to get the game to crash, because yesterday the same accessories were working. So looks like something happened today some weird stuff with the game itself that caused it to crash as changing to say retro Thunder it won’t crash.

BTW I find it incredibly odd that ESET firewall messes with KI given that no other game in my 100 steam game collection has this issue but yes you are right the firewall has a direct problem with KI for whatever reason maybe its the KI engine.

ESET is generally a very legendary company when it comes to these things. I guess when playing KI I will disable its firewall

That’s pretty interesting. If you could screenshot what combo of accessoried crashed, it may help to see if there’s some bugs lurking around. That is if you’re so inclined of course.

It was basically the bear hat the one you get with real money, the same version for the bear boots and default axe. I changed it up a little and no crashes. Weird indeed.

Closing thread as this problem is solved.

1 Like