Pausing During an Online Match

Remember how people post useful tech threads that no one posts to? Yet this poo thread has 40 replies already…

6 Likes

stop giving me the power to ■■■■ and play at the same time, I will become too efficient as a human being #poopandplay

1 Like

It’s a legit useful thread.

Just like KI itself the forums aren’t always dark brooding and serious. :wink:

The moment I find some new Poo tech for Arbiter I’ll let you know :poop: (wow, they even censor the emoji)

If you’re “letting loose” before reaching the porcelain throne, then you’ve already given up on your dignity.

Pausing the game online would be a bad idea - simply having the other player pause and unpause repeatedly in quick succession alone would drive me crazy, not to mention to quit, as well as potentially giving some people photo-sensitive seizures… :dizzy_face:

Season 4 guest character confirmed.

1 Like

My dignity accumulates like s shadow meter. It gets used up when heading to the toilet.

Yup. I just checked my messages. You didn’t send me anything. You shouldn’t be making stuff up about forum members.

OMG just eliminate before you turn on the console.

2 Likes

You just gave me an idea. IG should commission out KI seat warmers.

Stay with me.

They’re branded with all the good KI visuals, and you sit on them to keep your ■■■■■ (American version) warm.

(gasp) I’m seeing in the preview pane that f-a-n-n-y is censored. HOW DID YOU KNOW, IG!?

Anyway, the seat warmers are not really designed to warm your seat. Instead, it’s monitoring for poo. If you poo your pants, the seat warmer picks up on it, sends a message via wi-fi to your system, and then KI makes your character poo in his or her pants. Your character dies of embarrassment, the opponent’s character dies laughing, and the announcer doesn’t know whom to call the winner.

Somebody fetch my negotiation gloves. I have a seat warmer design house to visit.

Pausing online games isn’t going to be a thing, in any game. It’s the same reason why all online multiplayer components have time limits. In an environment shared by multiple players, they all have to share the same sense of time, so no one person can have the power to stop time.
Giving any one player control over the stopping and going of time would completely break any online game.
And if every player has the ability to pause the action, then you also need to give every player the ability to resume the action, thus rendering the pause function useless.

1 Like

This iz the funniest thread I have ever seen. I had ti wipe tears from my eyes, because I was laughing so much.

I have been playing games for 30+ years, and have never soiled my underwear. Also my son would be grounded from games if he told me that he did that because of a game.

What do you do when you are in line at a store? I hope I am never behind you in line.

Jokes aside, you need to see a dr. If you have that lack of control, then you have a larger problem than wanting a pause button.

As for pausing online, there is no online game that allows that. At most they stop you, but the game keeps going. Just like others have said, pausing would break the game. People get bitter enough without giving them a pause button to use as pay back.

1 Like

Actually there is an online game that allows pausing, Hitman 2016. A single player online game. The problem doesn’t need to be doo doo though, what if either of us needs to do something really quick?

That’s why.

This isn’t going to be happening anytime soon. No other fighter does this in an online setting. This won’t be changing for KI.

3 Likes