Overheat Meter?

Would it be overkill to have a thin bar above the shadow bar that shows the spin speeds up to overheat mode? I know the visual indicator is the actual chain guns, so maybe it’s not necessary.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be overkill at all, but I also think once we spend more time with Kilgore we will get more comfortable with the way it is now/going off the guns.

Speaking of this, does RAAM’s instinct prevent you from seeing how hot your chain guns are? I haven’t tested yet and it just popped into my head lol

I think you can only fire 5 or 6 times before you overheat, its definitely a set number.

I think an overheat meter would be pretty cool - it could look like several bullets, with each 1 indicating a stage and lighting up a little more than with the last with each shot until the final 1 is on fire (indicating the final stage).

I was thinking more of a temperature gauge. But this could be done in many ways.

IMO it’s fine as it is. It’s not that hard to keep track of the current overheat status, and I believe it’s part of the charm: Not having a meter means that sometimes you will “play by ear”, not watching a meter and then act.

I can’t believe some of you are asking for an overheat meter when you just need to check the barrel’s speed and how much is burning, that’s the meter.

Not really, but a simple look at your character never hurts from time to time. When your “hands” on fire, you’ll know.

I’m interested in a meter because of the middle ground. I may want to know my balance between overheated and cold (warm) so I can maintain there. It would also help with the spin-down/cool-down timing from warm (not overheat).

It’s a good idea. Certain combos only work/work better with certain spin states and overheat. I also heard that the amount of time you spend overheated is less if you use a bunch of chain gun stuff