Over the past few months I've noticed matchmaking service dip in quality

Ever since August getting into matches has been extremely difficult, with search times going up to 15 minutes. I don’t understand what’s wrong. It isn’t my ISP, other games work just fine. Just for some reason I can’t seem to find matches anymore and the ones I do find are almost unplayable due to the lag I’m now getting where there was none before.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any Ideas on how to go about fixing it? Could it be because I’m on the new preview dashboard?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve been waiting 5+ minutes to find matches in some cases too, usually after a disconnect. The lag, for me is largely the same as it has always been, but then again, it’s never been all that good for me. I’m also in the preview program. I’ve also noticed that I’m dropping a lot more combos than I normally would since I updated to the console’s new UI. It might be a placebo affect, but I’d be surprised if that’s the case, 'cause it certainly doesn’t feel that way. I think the update may have also done something to the controller’s programming sensitivity or something.

It’s tough to know without doing a controlled experiment. My perception is that the search times have gone up, but not to anything approaching 5 minutes, let alone 15. If you haven’t already, fully shutdown your Xbox (i.e. without fast startup mode) and turn it on again. The box itself sometimes has issues with the cache (which is inexplicable to me in 2015, but hey it’s a computer so turn it off and then on again…). I have had issues where tech support told me to unplug it for a minute before turning it back on again too, so you may want to just do it all in one fell swoop and start with that.

I know back in S1 there were lots of problems with matchmaking getting “hung” that required you to powercycle the box. This is not so common now.

Just out of curiosity, where are you located? If you are somewhere that doesn’t have a big KI community this might explain your troubles.

my guess is the online numbers are dropping drastically, hence the reason for the survey from IG. Personally, I havent played in over a month. I played a bit yesterday and Im already ready to drop it again.

Your best bet is to create your own community with your friend list and add players you have fun competitive matches with and then hook up for exhibition with them when available.

last night I kept getting pitted against the same fights match after match. Maybe 4 different players in the 10 matches I played.