Only 15 characters get ultimates

For now. You seem to be creating a fallacy where because we have no information about the other Ultimates, they will never exist.

The overreacting needs to stop.

4 Likes

I hope they make them for all characters at later time.

I don’t have a main, I play a handful of characters and 2 of them will have Ultimates (Shago and Tusk). I’m aware there are characters that people play that won’t be getting Ultimates and I hope those characters do get an Ultimate down the line, but we’re just gonna have to live with the fact that a little under half the cast won’t be getting Ultimates initially. Maybe they only have enough time, money, manpower, or whatever to do 15 right now or maybe they could only do 15 before getting to other things on their priorities list. We don’t know, but that’s just how it is.

@DiGiJUL3S Best answer ever !!! this anwer say it alll! IMO

1 Like

There are 15 returning characters that had ultimates/no mercies in previous games.

Patience really does appear to be a concept that is completely lost on a lot of modern gamers.

How much other stuff have they given us in the meantime, between the game’s release and the upcoming Ultimates? Does it honestly effect you that badly that you have to wait a bit longer to get a new-ish animation as an alternate way to end a fight rather than just doing an Ultra/Ultra-Ender/basic combo to finish a fight? 15 isn’t enough to be going on with while Iron Galaxy (if they’re well received) work on the rest/other content for the game?

It really does feel like people will find an excuse to complain about anything.

1 Like

If they said 15 to start of with and the rest hopefully at some other point, I think the outcry wouldn’t be as bad. I’m in the all or nothing boat and I hope the guests aren’t part of the 15.

We know Devs don’t work for free, none of us do. Most, if not all have bought the majority of premium dlc that comes with the game. Some of it vastly over priced but we love it so we buy it.

So when they say these characters get and those don’t it’s like the stage fiasco over again. What’s the chance mira doesn’t get a stage and an ultimate?

Think I would’ve have paid for the entire cast to get them. I appreciate what they’re doing but I’m this instance MS should get of their cheque book and pay the devs.

As I’ve said in the other thread I’m not buying anymore content til I know the final outcome of ultimates. It was a tough decision but I’m sticking with it

1 Like

I just wish they’d start bringing out a ton of different accessory options for characters. Easy money for them - great for us - and they can use the funds to flesh out any areas of the game they are not happy with.

Beleive me guys I am all for the all or nothing boat to. But at the same time I wouldn’r go off on a tangent, I know it bothers you guys but the thing is; I think the other remaining cast will get their ultimates later down the line. On that note let’s wait and see what they do before we go off the hinges. I think they will eventually do Ultimates for everyone because it’s a whole nother beast they got going.

They took so long to do Ultimates that this may be something they’re going easy with till they get ebverything.

This is about the best we can say. @DiGiJUL3S you have registered your indignation. You already know the answer to your question. You’re putting people in the position where they feel they have to defend the developers when everyone really wishes the full cast would get Ultimates. You think the Dev team doesn’t want the full cast to have them? It’s a time and money issue like everything else. And you already know this.

Screaming about how it’s “crap” and “shocking” and “unacceptable” doesn’t make time and money appear. It’s just childish. When someone asks you if you want 15 Ultimates or none and you say “I want all 26!” makes you sound like Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In the real world when you make choices like that you get none.

4 Likes

Agree

People, listen to this:

Each Ultimate has to be done individually. They take time, and they have to be programmed for each character against each other character, taking care of camera shots, clipping, and all that stuff

That’s 405 “ultimates” for 15 characters. 27 ultimate animations per character. Some, like Jago, seems “easier”, but Thunder’s one has more character unique animations, like Rash looking upwards and smiling. That must be done with each character who is facing Thunder.

Thats a lot of work. Like, A LOT OF WORK.

So they have two choices:
a) Give us 15 first, in 3 waves, and after they are finished, maybe they can get time and work in the remaining one

b) Or, give us nothing, maybe aiming for all of them, and take 1 year to give them to us. Meanwhile, no ultimates, just Shago’s. Maybe even no info, because we can be really
 insinstent, claiming for more info

I’m glad they choose a). I’m going to enjoy that 15 ultimates, and I will wait for the remaining ones, if they eventually come

KI has been growing for almost 4 years. I have enjoyed(and continue enjoying) all this time this fantastic game.

Do you really get pissed because they can’t do all of them at the same time?

Just relax and enjoy the game people. Ultimates, at least 2 more characters

We are growing. We are getting a bigger and better game. Just enjoy it

3 Likes

At ease, I’m sure they will all get them.

@BigBadAndy
Didn’t they say that 15 characters will be getting them at this time?

Maybe he’s pissed at the wording,theyve said 15 characters. If they said somewhere down the line we could/will/consider the rest he could be ok with that.

Screaming about how lazy or whatever they look like is a completely different keetle of fish tho.

1 Like

Thought I’d add this just to help drive the point home. Plus you know me
I can’t pass up the opportunity to post a good relative meme:

6 Likes

They said they are making 15. They can’t say they are making the remaining ones after that, because they have to go step by step.

We have to understand that KI continues because it’s being pushed torwards by devs and us. Berating at Devs because they can’t have more content in less time is not helping us as community

Would we prefer capcom politics in terms of community-devs relationship? NRS?

6 Likes

They did say that. But they have also been careful to say that additional Ultimates are not in the works. They don’t want to say we will get them when we might not.

I agree with you @Dayv0 I think the devs are just doing 15 for right now to see if they can pull it off at all. You gotta learn to crawl before you walk as they say

1 Like

Remember the 3 stages debate? People weren’t clear if it was 3 stages on launch or 3 stages permanently. For this, they didn’t clarify if it was only 15 ultimates only or if 15 ultimates is guaranteed and the rest might or might not come.

That’s the sort of thing that scares me.

The “only 3 stages” thing sounded like a bad joke, I thought there was no possible way that they would only do 3 stages, I mean how could that be serious? Then I thought “Oh, they’ll just do them later, give them the benefit of the doubt!” and we all know how that played out. We’re still sitting here begging for stages for the homeless characters.

So yeah this “15 ulimates” thing scares me a little.

1 Like

More then likely they will all get Ultimates, but I can understand only doing 15 at first
 They will get to see the reaction and response from the community with the release of these before they go forward with anymore. The thing im not understanding is why there is such and uproar with “only 15 OMG OMG” I mean what is the big deal here, were not paying for them, its going to be FREE DLC which normally always comes with a catch, just ask GTA V players
 Getting or not getting Ultimates is not a make or break for this game when it offers so much more
 I mean I would love to have everything we had back in the day on the original Killer Instinct such as Humiliations and such but again this not a make or break situation

1 Like