Official New KI comic series

MY LORD! Jago looks badass on that cover

1 Like

Stop teasing me with covers!!! They look so damn good!!

1 Like

This feels like the artist did an awesome picture of Jago, Cinder, and Glacius and they told him to throw Aria in there at the last minute.

3 Likes

That is soā€¦

COOL!

2 Likes

These comics come out next month right? Hype!

2 Likes

LOL! I shared one of the comics pics here last night on the KIUF FB page and everyone was all like

2 Likes

Yep! I managed to find the description for issue number 2, and I have to say, Iā€™m pretty hyped for it:

ON SALE DATE: 10/11
With the nations of the Earth still in chaos, The Coven-the secret society of Russian vampires-are eager to fill the power vacuum following the fall of the evil Shadow Lord, Gargos. Their leader, the Vampire Tsar, has a hunger for the mega-corporation Ultratech - but the corporationā€™s CEO-the artificial intelligence, ARIA-is not in the mood for a hostile takeover.
Meanwhile the warrior Jago has renounced violence-but how long that will last when the Vampire Tsarā€™s Wendigo assassins catch up with him?

-Zenek

7 Likes

Why donā€™t I just tack on the story of issue number one right here:

ON SALE DATE: 9/13
The Shadow Lord Gargos has been defeated! But the battle to save humankind from his Astral invasion has taken a terrible toll on the Earth. Our world lies in ruin, and a sinister new power called the Coven has risen from the ashes, vying with the megacorporation Ultratech to rule the shattered nations. The heroes Kim Wu and Jago-their Astral powers weakened by their devastating war against Gargos-must band together with the scattered remnants of the Night Guard to forge a pathway into the Astral Plane. Here, in the birthplace of The Shadow Lord and The Guardians, festers the secret malevolence that threatens to destroy them allā€¦and enslave the world forever.

http://www.dynamite.com/images/TNKillerInstinct01CovACinar.jpg

ā– ā– ā– ā– , dudes- I want this story arc to be playable in Shadow Lords, and it really does sound like an awesome concept to base Season 4 around too! Both Ultratech and our heroes are weakened from the ultimate battle against Gargos and his forces to save the Earth, which leaves Miraā€™s vampire Coven to swoop in to overpower the shaken Ultratech and world powers for control. Oh, and that ā€œsecret malevolenceā€ from the Astral Realm? That could very well be that squid-faced lovecraftian beastie thatā€™s been teasedā€¦ (Which could easily tie in to Spinalā€™s currently-unexplained living octo-shield, and introduce The Tentacled Oneā€™s Sharkman enforcer too! :shark: )

Great- Now I need to find the best place to BUY these comics. I have no idea if my local comic stores sell Dynamite, and Iā€™d love to have these in print, but Iā€™m cool with buying them digitally if I have to.

-Zenek

6 Likes

Ceiling ARIA is watching youā€¦incinerate?

https://m.imgur.com/hawvsVu

(How do I embed image links on my phone?! :tired_face:)

2 Likes

That ceiling Aria makes me think of Contra for some reason:

2 Likes

Things are getting hot in the training room, if that Glacius vs Cinder cover is accurate. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

https://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/shop.html

Dynamite seems to have a online store on their website that allow you to purchase comics directly from them. Iā€™m trying to ask their customer service about getting the variant covers but havenā€™t heard back yet. But you are able to seemingly preorder issues #1 and #2 and have them shipped.

They also have a comic store locator on the same website for finding a local retailer that might carry it as well.

3 Likes

And pretty soon from now a graphic novel version of the Killer Instinct comic book series :wink: :grin: :smile: :sunglasses:

Oops! Cam did it again! He is playing with our emotions now

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch for the tip, pal- Funnily enough, I clicked on the link right before you posted it, and I found out that thereā€™s a brand-new comic shop right around the corner from me, and I went out today to preorder issue 1 of KI and I came home with this monstery gem for a dollar:

Just about a month to go until Dynamite Comicsā€™ KI hits shelves, so go bother your local comic store to order a few juuuuuust to make sure that youā€™ll get one!

-Zenek

11 Likes

lookin nice
canā€™t wait til in color

1 Like

Cam just struck again

5 Likes

The background characters have low detail, but maybe thatā€™s intentional. Cinder looks great and so do the colors.

Thatā€™s pretty common around many different mediums. Comics/manga will use this to save time to meet deadlines, cartoons typically do it to save effort/money since they need to do every frame of animation and games usually reduce resolution/frame rate on background objects to making rendering easier on your processor. As long as the main focus looks good, things that arenā€™t the focus can be cut in favor of other things.