Official KI Bug Reporting Thread

Okay, here are the 2 clips I mentioned in my above post:

Clip 1

Clip 2

Don’t know the 100% cause but if you shoot a projectile and cancel into shadow teleport with Fulgore, there is a chance that it will just be a shadow teleport with no hits. There are also a few instances where his DP and Wallsplat enders don’t give the spin speed bonus on every hit as they should. His DP ender used to grant spin speed on every hit per ender level, now it just gives you 1 and occasionally his blade dash ender won’t grant spin speed at all although that one is rare. There have also been quite a few instances where you can’t cancel a normal in a juggle into the devastation beam. You get shadow fireball instead or sometimes nothing.

The last bug is in the Glacius matchup. Well 2 bugs actually. If you shadow blade dash against a shadow shatter when there is hail active as well, it will sometimes stop and catch your blade dash giving him a combo. The other is also with his shadow shatter. If Spinal shadow teleports, Shadow shatter misses and does not continue to track, if Fulgore teleports (both standard and shadow) vs a shadow shatter, the first few hits will miss but the shatter will follow to Fulgore’s new location and hit him anyways. So basically against Glacius his 2 best shadow moves in the matchup are almost worthless since Shadow shatter just seems to beat everything even though the properties of Shadow Blade Dash and Shadow Teleport should say otherwise. The Shatter tracking has been an issue for about as long as I’ve been playing, so I would hope that it is known and will be fixed because it breaks the matchup. It gives Fulgore no options against shadow shatter other than blocking or jumping which just leads to puddle punch if close range or landing into hail.

I only bring it up because Spinal is in the same boat vs Glacius in terms of dealing with Shadow Shatter. Either you block it, or you waste meter on something to get in. Spinal’s meter will get him in, Fulgore’s will not.

While playing as Aganos against TJ Combo on ARIA’s stage in ranked online play, he performed a stage ultra on the left side - I got to watch both of us magically “teleport” to the right side of the stage where I got thrown out of the window… That should not have happened. :frowning:

While playing Aganos vs. Hisako on her stage during an online ranked match, I lost a fight because I attempted his command grab while holding peacekeeper - despite “hitting” it didn’t actually throw her up in the air and whiffed the hit with the peacekeeper as a result, which gave her an opening for a full-combo punish she otherwise wouldn’t have had as well as the win. And for the record, I know what this move looks like when it whiffs - this isn’t that; it went through the entire animation process and cost me dearly when it clearly “grabbed” her.

I’ll try to get a clip of it as well, if it’s not already too late and gone…

Aria can cash out damage without hitting the opponent with the cash out move. If a fireball hits while you are whiffing shadow DP, the cash out seems to happen anyway.

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclip/b3d576c8-13d1-412f-a372-ed066fb816f2?gamertag=Amenty&scid=5af40b00-965f-4a28-aab5-cf69642bec88

Remember how there was that bug where if Omen broke Aganos’ Ruin, the game would break?

I can tell that it was fixed, but it leads into another issue. Now when Omen breaks it, he doesn’t end up crashing through the wall. Of course, that makes sense, but against any other character in the game, they will still end up crashing through the wall even if they break the combo.

It’s quite obvious that when attempting to fix a bug, the situation is only examined by looking at one matchup. The same applies to the bug where Aganos’ Natural Disaster would miss Riptor on the second hit. Because of the fix, the timing on the two hits when hitting Riptor is now different from the timing when hitting any other character in the game.

EDIT: While we’re on the topic of breaking Wall Crashes, I don’t know if I’ve put this one in the bug thread:

Aganos has a safe counter breaker that semi-permanently changes the jump trajectory of the opponent and how gravity affects them: Game-Breaking Tech: The Ministry of Silly Jumps

Cinder’s combo ender is breakable after a counter breaker

There’s been a glitch in the game for a long time where certain enders do not cash out the damage properly because the game thinks it’s opener-ender (and I think it’s always after a counter breaker). It rarely turns up so I think the devs haven’t been able to reproduce it. But yeah, this glitch looks to be another instance of that happening, and I bet it’s hard to reproduce. :disappointed:

yup. I used to be able to break aganos’s armor battery ender with heavy breakers. IT still happens but far and few between now. honestly, having all these characters, with each move having different properties follow a set of baseline rules and that apply across the board, is crazy hard. only the most serious ones will get fixed. so now we have one set of rules for hisako vs aganos and another set of rules for riptor vs aganos. let’s be honest here (not hating) aganos screwed a lot of the cast just to implement his design. I hear of more issues with him to than anyone. why his toss and club move whiffs is beyond me. is it just a galacius thing?

I’ve found that it seems to happen when the opponent has armor. This includes:

Glacius during Instinct
TJ during Powerline
Thunder during Shadow Triplax
Aganos (mirror) during Shadow Ruin

At the beginning, it used to miss Hisako, which prompted them to change the trajectory of the initial throw so that they kinda just float up into the air rather than having Aganos throw them up. Somehow, armor messes up the timing.

There is the bug where meaty projectiles change or break the properties of a combo, do you think that might have something to do with it? Something like this is what I mean as an example.

No I think the bugs are unrelated. This meaty fireball bug requires you to constantly do manuals (or else you revert to a normal combo), but the counter breaker bug seems to apply to “basic” combos consisting of heavy doubles and stuff. The counter breaker bug is weird… I’ve seen it reported in this thread a few times for different characters (including Orchid and Glacius), but the fact that it hasn’t been fixed in a patch leads me to believe it’s hard to reproduce and/or too costly to fix (and since it seems to occur very rarely, maybe they don’t have the manpower to track it down right now). I imagine if someone could give them a 100% reliable way to reproduce it, they’d fix it quickly.

We have another one from our fan favorite Aganos vs. Riptor matchup.

If Aganos blocks or absorbs a cross-up Tail Flip and tries to punish the recovery, his close standing normals won’t come out. Instead, the far ones will.

This is important, as close HK will hit, but far HK will whiff completely.

Reminder: They still don’t come out properly after a Shadow Natural Disaster recapture either.

I’m STILL getting effected by hit-stun in the Aganos vs. Hisako matchup while having chunks. I’m not jumping (and getting hit in pre-jump frames) and she’s not using her counters (which would automatically bypass the chunks into a combo), so there should be no reason for this to happen. It seems to only happen with her low attacks (that is to say, any attack using down on the d-pad, rather than attacks that actually hit low) and when she has plenty of wrath-meter (possibly full wrath). I, unfortunately, have not been able to re-create this in practice mode, but do have a clip of this occurring yet again, which I will post shortly. Even weirder, the attack, even though it bypasses the chunk entirely and allows for a full-combo punish due to the hit-stun, it doesn’t actually remove the chunk at all…

I am not sure this is the right place as I am new here but for some reason,when I watch a replay of Maya’s stage,the idle theme won’t play.
1.Get a second controller
2.Select characters and go to Maya’s stage,
3.Stand there and get idle theme to play.
4.Watch replay.
5.Idle theme won’t play even when paused.

If you have a replay, make sure you turn on input display when you post it.

I finally get to join the ‘I found an Aganos bug club’! Anywho, Aria’s instant overhead ignores chunks if Aganos is crouching. Kind of tilts the match up heavily in her favor since that move is already her best chunk removing option since it hits 3 times, hits high, crosses up, and launches to remove walls.

I was thinking about that earlier AFTER I made a clip. So, for the above bug, no it won’t show it, but I’ll keep it in mind for all future bugs.

In any case, I had an interesting clip of what might’ve been a bug earlier today, but it might also have been lag. If it was the latter though, then it is officially the weirdest lag situation I’ve ever had. Basically, in a nutshell, I was comboing my opponent (a Fulgore, if I recall correctly) and when I performed the ender (which was a ruin with a wall-crash opportunity), it whiffed instead, and gave my opponent an opening to hit me with a DP. Have any of you other Aganos players ever seen that happen before? I’ll post the clip in the morning of this particular occurrence.

I don’t know if it is my internet or something but whenever I join a lobby,I disconnect in a minute or two. I am fine in exhibition though. Lobbies are glitched for me. When I make one,no one joins.

One thing I would like to see addressed that isn’t entirely a bug is retro Fulgore. Only when using his retro do you run into the issue but when teleporting his blades never fully go invisible, making it easier for opponents to read your teleport mix ups. I always assumed it would be fixed but it’s been around since retro Fulgore released. Hopefully this might bring it someone’s attention. Thank you.