Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Update on the Shadow ender cash out bug.
It affects Jago, Glacius, Shadow Jago, Orchid, Maya, Cinder, ARIA, Kilgore, Kim Wu, Tusk, Rash and Mira.

Fulgoreā€™s shadow counter isnā€™t working against omen when omen performs shadow slide.

1 Like

The only characters that can shadow counter it is Orchid, Maya, Kan-Ra, ARIA, Kim Wu, Arbiter, Gargos, Eyedol (Warrior).

Most characters cannot shadow counter shadow slide, and havenā€™t been able to since S2. However, Omenā€™s shadow slide is -8 on block, so you can just punish it instead.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s another video of Aganosā€™ natural disaster only hitting once. I basically get punished for opening the opponent up. It happens at around the 20 second mark:

I would also like to add that this happens at least once in approximately 40% of my matches.

So itā€™s meant to be that way?

Yes

Yes, you also cant shadow counter his crazy legs normal special if you keep pressing the kick button during the shadow counter. Master of Shadow has to have some advantage in the shadow department :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Have reached 100% completion in Shadow Lords, but the silver Gargos skin hasnā€™t unlocked in any of the fighter selection menus.

NVM, it unlocked as soon as I won my next SL match

Encountered an interesting bug recently while playing locally. I was playing on the Xbox One release while offline. I was playing Glacius, and my opponent was Shin Hisako. We were both mid-jump in a corner when my opponent hit me midair and suddenly teleported to the opposite side of the stage, breaking the camera. Initially, neither of us were visible, as the camera couldnā€™t cover the entire stage. After my opponent started walking back over to my end, we realized that Glacius was standing in the wall, and could walk backwards into the wall forever. Shin Hisako was unable to walk into the wall. Additionally, if the Shin Hisako managed to land an attack on Glacius while he was in the wall, she would teleport immediately to the opposite end of the stage. Link to a video of the glitch shown below.

This happened to me too, I posted it above about a week or so ago. It happened just after Shinsako initiated instinct and pulled jago under.

ranked leaderboards r messed up. the menu for ranked is empty.
Also I was in top 32 for the month of March and then received my 9th star on 4/1/17. Last night however on 4/2/17 the star was removed after going into the ranked league mode and dropped me down to 8 stars and reset my matches as if I had just started for the month. It was captured on stream and I can post the clips but I donā€™t want to seem like Iā€™m advertising.

1 Like

If Cinderā€™s shadow Fission (opener version) hits a minion, it fizzles out and dies while Cinder is left recovering as if the fission is still going on. Looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8jbnU7X-Ys&feature=youtu.be

This isnā€™t true of other projectiles in the game as far as I can tell, and not true of the linker version of shadow fission either. Probably has something to do with how the game tries to prevent shadow fission from having a giant hitbox on screen during trades or whatever (I seem to recall some patch notes about this around S3 launch).

Itā€™s easy to reproduce in training:

• Pick Cinder vs. Gargos
  • Record dummy Gargos to do backdash, summon fat minion, wait about 2 seconds, then use all 4 quad jumps to go forward
  • Reset training mode positions, then turn on the recording
  • As Cinder, walk forward and hit the minion after Gargos summons it (to knock it over), then jump back a few times (Gargos will then jump forward after you, with the minion trailing behind when he wakes up)
  • As the minion gets close to Gargos, do opener shadow fission so that it hits both. The fission will just fizzle out.

Kan-Ra

Whirl-/ wall-splat-ender into throw does not work vs half the cast

How to reproduce:
Pick Kan-Ra, combo your opponent into the corner, do a whirl ender, throw (LK+LP)

What should happen:
The opponent splats against the wall, bounces back, gets thrown and cursed.
Thatā€™s what happens against Jago as an example.

What happens vs e.g. Riptor:
The throw wiffs because Riptor is out of reach.

How to fix this:
Decrease Kan-Raā€™s push back during whirl ender so he stands closer to the corner (please donā€™t do that)
OR (and better)
Increase the opponentā€™s bounce distance off the wall so he/she bounces closer to Kan-Ra

Gonna add a complete list of characters where wall splat -> throw does not work when I find some time.

Fulgore cannot use Pip Cancels in instinct in Shadow Lords if the opponent has Shadow Seal. I know shadow seal seals off the meter but instinct dictates free cancels. If this is intended no prob but, free means free to me eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cinder bombs hitbox not hitting the opponent during their jump

Shadow fission LOSING multiple hitboxes if it collides with a projectile which can cause a free punish (Cinder still in the animation while the opponent is free)

DP Pillar wiffing against enemies in the corner

But hey Iā€™m told to ā€œadaptā€

https://1drv.ms/v/s!An0c9OocWkzSnznQP__fxhImAqn6

Sadiraā€™s forward throw can be glitch out to only have 1 KV at the start of the throw instead of the usual 50 KV for combo throws. Sadira must flip out her opponent and grab them at the earliest frame possible.

To set this up.

1. In the dojo, have Sadira put someone in the corner.
  2. F+HK then use LK.
  3. As soon as the opponent is about to return to a neutral state, use a forward throw.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=AEF90603506DC65E&id=AEF90603506DC65E!721&parId=AEF90603506DC65E!240&o=OneUp

More bugs for the spider. If Sadira uses jumping D+MK, has the move cross up the opponent then perform an ender immediately after her ender animation will be performed the wrong way, missing the opponent. This only effects level 3 and level 4 enders, and only the Recluse and Web Cling enders are affected.

To recreate this.

1. While in instinct, gain enough potential damage for a level 3 or 4 ender.
  2. Use a heavy AD and jump cancel. While jump canceling, use a web for an easy setup.
  3. Use jumping D+MK while crossing up the opponent.
  4. Use an ender immediately afterwards. (Since you are crossing the opponent up your inputs for the enders will need to be reversed as well.)

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=AEF90603506DC65E&id=AEF90603506DC65E!722&parId=AEF90603506DC65E!240&o=OneUp

One more for the night. Sadira can use D+HK quite a number of times to use massive height. One problem is that some of the stages have ceilings that are quite low that can obstruct the opponent from seeing which normal Sadira is using for breaker purposes.

This can be achieved anywhere in the game and can be executed freely. For a simple example.

1. Throw the opponent forwards in the corner.
  2. Jump-cancel into D+HK into a another D+HK.
  3. Use a air normal into M.Widowā€™s Bite, then follow-up with another D+HK.

This doesnā€™t affect most stages since there is a sky in most of them, but on some stages the view can be obstructed partially or indefinitely.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=AEF90603506DC65E&id=AEF90603506DC65E!723&parId=AEF90603506DC65E!240&o=OneUp