Nioh (PS4)

Now for the part I actually care about. I said you missed the point Lulekani because the advice I was trying to give you was about life, not about Dark Souls or Nioh. I don’t actually care what you think about either game - you clearly don’t like them very much (regardless of whatever compels you to play each and every title in the genre), but ultimately that doesn’t mean anything to me. I think your stated reasons for not liking them are dubious, but even if they are there are still plenty of legitimate reasons for you not to enjoy them. What I care about is someone not exhibiting behaviors in their actual life that will close doors for them, be it in relations with other people, careers, or just general happiness or fulfilment.

The wall I referenced is not some digital camera colliding with a wall in a videogame. My point was that people will not want to invest time or energy into you as a person if in every hurdle you meet you simply howl at the void about how unfair the situation is while simultaneously ignoring or shooting down guidance or help that is offered.

My comment about taking feedback has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Dark Souls fans think you falling off ledges is fair. I’ve never played Dark Souls, probably never will, and don’t generally care how the fandom feels about, well, anything. I was simply making the point that you’ve received a few different points of feedback in this thread, and in my experience it behooves your growth as an individual to take an honest accounting of yourself if you begin to hear overlapping critiques. It’s not about letting some crowd define you or your character - it’s about using outside feedback to inform your own self-assessment. Some feedback you will agree with, some you will inevitably find off the mark. The important part is that you ask yourself who you are, and when necessary ask yourself how you can be better.

The last piece of advice was most applicable to Nioh or DS, but really it’s a general life note as well. Don’t spend your precious time doing things you hate Lulekani. Life is entirely too short for that. There are always things that we have to do that we don’t particularly enjoy (that’s life), but that shouldn’t be how you spend your free time.

Those were the points I was trying to make to you. Hopefully they landed a bit better this time.

1 Like

DISCLAIMER: I’m exhausted so I didn’t read through again to correct my spelling and grammar. Sorry… I just don’t have the energy.

I never said I was.

That was just my oppinion… I gave the actual Test To Storm. You are free to try it yourself…

I agree. To both those things…

Neither did you… like I said… most of the things I said can’t be disproven… I never desrcibed anything that doesn’t happen in the game… you and Storm know ■■■■ well those things happen… Some of them may have even happened to you…

LoL… they’re true… no you don’t have to believe. But they are most definitely true.

And People dislike grinding. This isn’t news… this a common knowledge in the game industry. so why do RPGs continue to sell… ? Well… you take the good with the bad… that and Progression Systems are psychological traps… they can’t get people to buy a game but they can definitely get people to play it a tiny bit longee when they would rather stop.

Content of Words is correlated to the sttength of one’s argument… you refused to address the content in mine then so be it… I can neither lead you to river nor make you think… thats up to you…

Now whos confusing What people like with Good Game Design… You’re a Hypocrit… and not a very good one at that.

Good… For You.

You are literally the first and only person I’ve ever heard say this about Monster Hunter… I’ve heard from many others that the grind is tedious and annoying…

I’l give the benefit of a doubt to the most recent person I heard say this because they were not necessarily annoyed by the grind itseld but rather that they get screwes out of the RNG system for 3 Days Straight… but still… its telling… the grind still happened so if people really enjoyed it then they should atleast be some what satisfied if they get nothing back… I enjoyed Bayonetta despite dying so many times in it… the game is just so much fun even if you lose alot… but thats specific to me… I always take a step back to assess whether I actually enjoy what I’m doing as I do it or if its what I get back into return for doing it.

This is what makes Watching other people play Nioh so interesting… because my experience and their experience is identical right up until they beat the boss…

Before they beat the boss they ■■■■■ just as hard as I do, they think its just as unfair and even suspect that the game is broken as I do… and then “You’ve Defeated/Mission Completed” and they change their tunes so fast… all of a sudden its the best god ■■■■ game in the world and all deaths were fair under the sun…

LoL… its the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen…

Right now I’m watch Mental Fox play through Nioh… wow nothing gets to this guy… yeah the deaths hurt but he has yet to crack or complain even when the game screwed him out of 30 minutes of progress and 50 000 Souls… I envy that ■■■■■■■… he’s actually enjoying himself, win or lose… he’s good. He kinda makes me feel bad about myself… hang on… let me get you a sample:

See… what did I tell yeah ? Literally the only person I’ve seen play Nioh without Screaming Profanities… everybody else genuinely seems to hate the game before beating the boss.

LoL… even Dan cracked while playing Dark Souls… but he was mostly cool about it.

Wait… what were we talking about again ?

I agree… I shouldn’t have to… but here we are… only two people bothered to try and give arguments based on the game… you haven’t even tried… I’m not sure what to make of that.

LoL… now whos being Ridiculous.

Especially since now we live in an Era of quiet Electric Cars.

FINALLY !!! This is all I wanted. Like was it really that hard ? Did you prefer having to go through all that unnecessary drama to get to this point… ? Sigh…

This is exactly a good point… I’m picky about where do look both ways before I cross the street… if I’m in a residential area I just go for it… If I’m in the city I look both ways… especially since they are so few Zebra Crossings.

So what does this tell me about the design ? Not much really…

What does this tell me about People ?

Much like people are less likely to look both ways before crossing if theres less traffic… then people are less likely to to be more cautious if they’re arent enough traps.

This goes back what MatthewMatosis said about types of skills required to play Dark Souls… the closest similarity between the two games are The Hell Kite Draken in the Undead Burg and the Spikey Floor/Ceiling Trap in the Iga Mansion…

BTW Spoilers.

In both games the danger presents itself… the drake catches you by surprise on your way to the merchant and The Spike Trap more than draws attention to itself when you drop into the room and noticed that some objects are defying gravity… the skill here is you’re suppose to make a mental note of that event hand hold it in your attention span for a long amount of time… right out the gate this is a problem because its generally consideres bad design to bestow information on people if you don’t make them apply it… this isn’t good for Dark Souls because this setup happens early in the game while the player is still learning so that information is pushed out of your active memory by atleast 5 seperate other events before you reach the drake on top of still getting used to how the game is played, probably picking up a crossbow along the way.

So that leaves Nioh… in the Mansion you smack a partition that flips everything upside down… first of all theres the cheap instant kill caused by the spiders hanging on the ceilling… but this I’m assuming is mean’t to help you remember that the Spikey Floor has now turned into the Spikey Ceiling…

In the trap room they are two corpses that were squashed by the ceilling…

Unfortunately this is not a very good hint because Corpse are scattered around everywhere in the game so any that are place nearby traps of any kind give no indication whatsoever of anything… they’e all just loot props. This is what the Revenants are for… but if you did that then pretty much no-one is going to fall into the trap.

I think this is the high point of both games… Dark Souls managed pull it off again with the bloody elevator but I never saw anything like this from Nioh again…

Either way… the problem with teaching someone something is giving them enough opportunities to apply said skills for those skills to be usefull, I’l need to keep seeing more of Nioh to see if they pulled it off… just because I kept forgetting even after painfully losing 600 000 Souls doesn’t mean others didn’t catch on.

Dark Souls didn’t do this very well… they kept the traps sparse and uneven almost as if they wanted players to forget.

But thats the catch 22… if Nioh does infact use traps consistently then those traps are just going to come across as annoyances that no one wants to deal with.

The only way around this is make sure they use alot of variety…

Again… I’l just have to see if they got this right.

LoL… I never established that these games reward observation… the peope who play these games did…so I put that theory to the test. Then I reveal my findings.

Thats just stupid… how can I determine f something is good or bad if I don’t have criteria for it ? Use a Crystal Ball ?[quote=“BigBadAndy, post:121, topic:18485”]
Your word count doesn’t save you from the fundamental reality that you are doing EXACTLY what storm points out. What you like is good, what you don’t like is bad but your opinions aren’t opinions, they’re facts.
[/quote]

Again… sounds like you are focusing too much on the number of words rather than the content within them. You and Storm are only correct with in this Isolated Bubble For Hardcore Elitists…

The equivalent of a room full of people with speech impediments ganging up on the dude with no speech impediment… saying that “he thpeakth funny”.

LoL… according to you ? My “Meaningless” statements are about the very thing I’m complaining about… if you want see meaningless then a quick over view you ignoring my statements to critisise me rather than what I wrote is a great place to start.

LoL… the two are not mutually excusive. Oppinions can be wrong… or are the very least, Problematic… you’ve fallen into the Trap of trying to use oppinions as shields to avoid critisms… and really… I’m surprised… this isn’t the sort if thing I expected to run into here.

Let me make one thing clear… I’m here specifically for the details… they are the soul focus of why I started ■■■■■■■■ about Both Dark Souls and Nioh… if you aren’t up to the task of doing the the same then why did you engage with me ?

So being a Biolgist makes you an expert on Game Design ? That was a rhetorical question, obviously thats not what meant but I just wanted to point out to you what real irrelevance looks like.

Well… You haven’t… You haven’t actually pointed out anything if you completely fly over the Creationist’s Argument…

I don’t really understand what a watch being out in the middle of the desert is suppose mean… maybe I don’t understant because you were ignoring the details and now you trying to use that analogy… which… doesn’t make sense… I’m no creationist and I don’t sympothise with them all that much but if they were attempting to converse with me on a scientific level then why on earth would I ignore the details… ? Thats the key to ending the debate right then and there.

If they told you were wrong because you don’t believe then that would be something to ignore but if they try to meet you on your level then really you’re just being… oh… what’s that word again… oh yes… UNREASONABLE. Infact I think thats the text book definution of the word because you literally refused to reason with them.

True… my observations are facts… and my oppinions based on my observations are correct and will remain correct unless someone can correct my observations… I mean… I don’t think think I observed getting killed in one hit wrong… I don’t think I observed taking damage during my dodging animation wrong… and I don’t think I observed being teleported into grabs wrong…

So I guess you take issue with my oppinion that these things are poorly designed… it maybe an oppinion but its the correct one…a firmly established one that all of a sudden no longer applies to these games ? That Double Standard.

You know whats wronger… you and your gross oversimplification of my argument.

Yeah I didn’t say that…

You do realise me pointing out one thing those exact same millions of people either hate/dislike or are indifferent to is not the same thing as me saying they hate the whole thing and everything with in it…

Grinding is merely one feature that pops UP IN 99% of RPGs and the fact that I claim people don’t like Grinding is not the same thing as me saying they RPGs…

Its any easy mistake to make because people don’t single out the things they don’t like about one element of the thing that makes the whole of the thing they do like… its like a Hamburger… people don’t say they like the buns, cheese, sauce, lettuce and spice but I hate the onions… they just say they like Hamburgers… even if they don’t like don’t care for one part of that ham burger. Luckily unlike with games, you can have the parts of the hamburger you want and leave out the parts you don’t… in games… you just gotta grind to get to the parts you do actually enjoy.

Honestly the number of people who specifically like grinding are probably just as few as the number of people who do like Onions… hell… one might even be responsible for the other… now thats ridiculous… but I wouldn’t rule it out.

Yeah thats not me… I understand why it might seem that way because the nature of these specific types of games saps away the intelligence of anyone who plays them… but I know I feel like I’m not smart enough… really I’m ashamed of my lack of intelligence.

Yeah… nobody in this Thread is Everyone… remember this is a niche sub category of games… really on the outside… I am part of the everyone thats right and in here is a safe haven for the select few who are wrong… I’m merely one of the few of everybody else who’s willing to take the time to figure out whats the big deal about these games… even if I have to suffer so that the real everybody else outside of here doesn’t have to…

Sorry… you’re not part of the everyone who thinks I’m wrong. You are part of the few who thinks Everyone Else is wrong… and worse… you’re on the side that blames and shames them for the game’s failures… It wasn’t so long ago when Fighting Games where in a similar position. I guess this is just the process that needs to happen for the genre to finally wake up and get its ■■■■ together. Its cool… I can go through the motions… again.[quote=“BigBadAndy, post:121, topic:18485”]
Then, at the end of the evening, they are standing alone in the corner wondering why no one wants anything to do with them.
[/quote]

Yeah Souls players are really isolated…

Constantly scaring people away and telling them to git gud… that does sound lonely.

I t won’t but if you were being sincere… then thanks… I guess.

And in all those games people complain about the grind. In in Destiny Specifically they conplain about what they get in return for the grind… I haven’t heard all that much about Diablo… but I did hear a similar complaint…along side something about the auction house.

Either way… if people are complaining the that rewards for grinding are unsatisfactory, doesn’t that prove what they really feel about the actual grinding process ? Have you never encountered someone enjoys playing something with no promise of getting something back in return ? I’m such a person. Hi… my name Lulekani (I prefer to go by Lulu) nice to meet you… I like Racing Games despite not always first or rewards, I like DoA no matter if I win or lose and never ranking up… and I like Local Co-Op… literally anything with Local Co-Op… I’d even like Nioh With Local Co-Op if it had… cheap deaths and all. This is called INTRINSIC MOTIVATION…
Theres alot to like about Diablo but I reckon Playing with your friends or even with complete strangers takes precident of run around collecting junk all by yourself…

If you really want to prove you are correct (and you might be)… you would quote the number of downloads Cow Clicker and Progress Quest has gotten… two games developed by Ian Bogost I think… don’t quote me on that… as a parody on the psychological traps games like Farm ville and Candy Crush (and basically any RPG) Use to get people to keep playing games long past the point of enjoyment… Jokes on him… Cow Clicker Downloads far exceeded his expectations…

Thats a better representation of whether or not people like grinding than how many copies sold of a game where Grinding is merely one component of the whole experience… and even then… assuming that component is the focus could be thw problem…

This is a point Dark Souls fans try to point out when people think its the “Difficulty” that makes the experience so engaging when really, it isn’t… even Other companies make this mistake… Nioh being a good example.

Uhm… no… the only thing that number proves is how many people bought the game… You’re falling into the trap of metrics… if you want to know what people actually like… listen to them… or better yet… watch them play.

You learn alot more from watching somebody play than hearing what they think after wards… you need to catch them while they’re in them moment.

Its like a dream… its so clear while its happening but slips away seconds after waking up… with only tiny nonsensical remnants of flying through one of the O’s in the hollywood sign while holding hands with your favourite historical figure… farting rainbows and shooting happiness from your eyeballs… yeah… my dreams are ■■■■■■ up.

I can’t prove it but I’m standing by it.

LoL… Thats Not Grinding. I played Mass Effect 3… the gameplay is significantly better than its predecessors… plus you had the pleasure of doing it with thinking human beings. I wouldn’t enjoy it 600 Hours Straight but but I did enjoy the time that I put into Mass Effect 3… unpopular oppinion… I think EA was the best thing to ever happen to Mass Effect.

Whats wrong with that example ?

I should hope not… I would get no satisfaction if people just blindly agreed or just gave up after an example… I have to get something out of it other wise whats the point ?

Yeah… I started this nonsense so really you’re the ones going off on unrelated critisms… like right now…

We could be talking about Nioh but no… lets Gang Up on Lulu and tell him why he’s so wrong based on everything other than Nioh.

LoL… its my fault… I keep falling into your trap… again… like Right now.

Then we are at an impass… because my position is firmly attached to my critisms of Nioh…

Paranoia was merely the only word my lexicon that fit the desription… If there is a word that better describes seeing nonexistent danger then I would like to add it it to my Aresenal…

Yeah I’m just not seeing what you are seeing.

If theres an aspect of my argument that you don’t understand then feel free… I can clear it up for… [quote=“STORM179, post:123, topic:18485”]
Now for the part I actually care about. I said you missed the point Lulekani because the advice I was trying to give you was about life , not about Dark Souls or Nioh.
[/quote]

And you thought that was a good idea ? I don’t think we know eachother well enough for you to be giving me life advice.

And I’m guessing you don’t usually do this often because if you try help someone with something they never asked for then you always run the risk of it blowing up in your face…

I’ve seen this happen… helping people is tricky… its more difficult than your think it is.

I didn’t miss your point, I saw it… addressed to you why I kept playing the game despite how miserable it makes… you may not have understood stood but I did address it… then I preceded to tell you why your advice is… okay here I need to becareful I how I describe this because people don’t like it when their generosity gets criticised… so… lets just say your advice was not catered for me specifically.

I’ve already been through this in Dark Souls… people give advice that just ends getting you killed later one…

Parry ? Get murdered by unparryable Enemies.
Patience? Get Murdered by Ganking
Items ? Get murdered when you run out of items ?
Heavy Armor and Shield ? Get murdered by a combination of Rolling Recovery and Umblockable attacks… and Ganking

This is just an unfortunate situation because how the hell were you suppose to know any of that about me. You tried to help and this punk just snapped you… if you knew then maybe most of all this could have been avoided…

Thats the issue I have with your advice… and why you shouldn’t try to help me… hopefull I didn’t sour you from helping other in the future… that I would find difficult to take responsibility for…

I told you… it can’t be helped. If it helps… use your analogy… trying to give advice to someone with a compulsion is like a trying to advise wall…

How have you not encountered someone like me before ? We’re not hiding under rocks… we’re out there… not using items in all kinds of games… LoL… David (DSP) doesn’t use his Elixirs until he’s confident he knows the bosses moves… even if you get three by default… having more than three actually discourages us from using them… it has the opposite effect in us than it does on others… its not our fault… its just how we are… no advice is going to change that…

Yeah I know… but this isn’t like getting vaccinated and doing your taxes…

Its hard to describe… if not impossible.

They landed just fine last time…

Came in here to read and learn some about the game…and read 30 mini novels instead :joy:_

2 Likes

Haha. Apologies about that @KIGod420 - I’m pretty sure we’re done now. :sweat_smile:

Hope you enjoy your time with Nioh!

1 Like

Dunno if really done man, isn’t there New Game + ? :rofl:

Wall of China: 13,170 miles
Tour de France: 2,200 miles
UC.com Nioh Thread: 2,199 miles and counting.

2 Likes

Lol. Well, I’m done anyway :slight_smile:

Happy to talk further about the game itself, but I’m done engaging nonsense.

2 Likes

Not sure if you are really asking about NG+…but for anyone that wants to know…

New Game Plus Information
When you complete the game, after the credits have rolled, you will return to the general overview screen and you will unlock a new difficulty tier for all of the Missions called Way of the Strong. This new difficulty dramatically increases the challenge of missions but also the rewards.
Unlike other games with New Game Plus, you can freely switch between New Game Plus mode and New Game Mode from the map menu.
You will not lose access to any regions or missions from New Game Mode.
Upon defeating the game, you’ll also unlock new skins, gear and more items that will help you tackle the new harder difficulty. Divine Items, a new green colored rarity of equipment will begin to drop during this mode.
You will now be able to upgrade your Guardian Spirits with Amrita, up to level 30 which nominally increases their Protection and Living Weapon values. You’ll also be able to equip a secondary Guardian Spirit, for versatility and a bonus.
After Way of the Strong follows Way of the Demon. After which follows Way of The Wise, and after that follows Way of the Nioh.
In Way of the Demon you will be able to acquire equipment beyond Lv.150 and level Guardian Spirits to Lvl 40.
In Way of The Wise you will be able to acquire Ethereal Equipment, and level Guardian Spirits to Lvl 50.
In Way of the Nioh you will be able to raise Stats to Lvl 200, and level Guardian Spirits to Lvl 60.
Way of the Samurai encompasses missions of Lvl 1 up to Lvl 155 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 270 (DLC).
Way of the Strong encompasses missions of Lvl 160 up to Lvl 330 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 470 (DLC).
Way of the Demon encompasses missions of Lvl 450 up to Lvl 580 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 720 (DLC).
Way of the Wise encompasses missions of Lvl 700 up to Lvl 830 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 970 (DLC).
Way of the Nioh encompasses missions of Lvl 950 up to Lvl 1080 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 1220 (DLC).

1 Like

Interesting, I didn’t expect they would have players reach level 1000 in only 5 NG+ variants, I’m so used to seeing games like Dark Souls have over 100+ New Game runs on a given save file (also Souls games only goes up to around max level 800 in most cases). Do they do any real variations on Nioh’s NG+ modes though? I remember Dark Souls 2 would add a large amount of new high level enemies across the game world (most of them phantoms IIRC). Anything like that here?

On a side note:

-POINT DOWN INTENSIFIES-

No but seriously, Demon’s Souls is actually the shortest game of the lot (or at least feels the shortest). I was able to beat it in less than a day according to the ingame counter, it helps that the world is divided into small level chunks to let players focus on the given task. You could probably clear the game in a weekend with the right build.

2 Likes

One More Region, Boys !!!

I just Know Team Ninja have something in store for me thats really going to make me Snap… I’m so close…

Edit: so I’ve sunk 98 Hours and 44 Minutes into this thing… Don’t know what to make of that…

I know it only took one other person 30 Hours.

Edit 2:

So I noticed a difference between the Console and PC Version of Nioh… or at the very least… between patch 1.16 and 1.24.

On Mount Hiei on the way to White Tiger near Nue’s Pit is an enemy configuration.

Now for me on PC it was A Horny Lightning Yokai and a White Fox but for others it was a Horny Lightning Yokai and a Large Skeleton…

Hmmmm…

I also noticed players could simply evade Onna’s Projectiles just by running…where if I do the same thing I just get hit… I just it was because they had gear that the Dash Speed Perks… maybe its my CPU… in the Bathouse if I collide into some pots, The Frame Rate takes a monster Nose Dive into Slide Show Territory… complex physics are usually handled by the CPU so it seems like some pot breaks are animated while others use physics.

I don’t have a PS4 So I can’t make my own Comparisons. Will just have to see if YouTube can help me.

Edit 3: so I abandoned the Red Demon Mage for a Ninja Build… using Sarutobi’s stuff right now but its really underwhelming.

I need to Unlock Tokai Region on NG+ so I can get Magoichi’s stuff at the correct level…

Edit 4:

Yep… I’m calling it… The Damage is Inconsistent… and I have proof.

LOL…so I played about an hour of Demons SOuls tongiht…SMDH…that game is tough. There is a reason few people play this game and not becasue they dont have a PS3…becasue its just too hard and the risk in game is way too high.
Im in the Valley of Defilement and its ridiculous!!! THe lighting is so dim and dull its hard on your eyes. the enemies drop from everywhere and ther eis this one spot that has ha bridge with 5 guys in fron tof you and 5 guys that drop behind you. All with fire spears. I only made it past once becasue I had some arrows and daggers to pull some and range some.
UGH… it has fun moments but moments like this are very discouraging.
I enjoyed the first 2 areas… but this 3rd area is a major road block.
HALP!!! lolol

You Can Do It !!!

Plus theres Co-Op… right ?

Why is William’s Face Always Filthy ? Rain Or Shine that dudes face is pertually greasy as ■■■■ !!!

The servers fro Demons Souls were shut down this past January. So no co-op or messages :frowning:
I did some research on game progression last night and I guess I chose the wrong area to go to next. I need to be in Stonegrad or something like that instead of Valley of Defilement. That’s like area 6 and I should be in area 3.
The game is hard man… no bonfires is a killer for sure. lol…uhhh I end up getting into a hurry and wanting to run past everything after Ive died 10 times. But that ■■■■ doesnt work at all!!

WHAT !!! :scream: I thought many people were still playing that game so I assumed they kept the servers going.

I hear Item placement is better in Demon Souls than it is in Dark Souls. Perhaps if you keep suicide running you might stumble upon some good gear… which I find hard to believe because in Dark Souls you can find the large and very large ember and use them to max out your gear two hours after touching down in Firelink…

I actually did find the white sorcerer gear by just running and rolling right off the platform and into a corner. The lighting in this area makes you squint your eyes… its so bad to look at. It’s the “poison, platforms, darkness, ala Blight town” area of Demons Souls. each Dark Souls has this area type and most people dread it…Im one of them lol

Im just glad to know I can go to a different area and come back to Valley of Defilement later.

It beats being stuck and having no where else to go… like in Dark Souls 3… they should really choose their Bottle Necks more carefully.

So I found that other people who tried the Kusarigama have come to the same conclusion… at first it seems like it sucks but then:

If you incorporate Some serious Stance Switching… like DMC4 Style Stance Switching… then the Kusarigama actually shoots ahead of every other weapon in the game by a pretty significant margin until you

Do the same thing with the other weapons and the Kusarigama goes back to being crappy again… still though it does shine in one or two situations… its particularly effective against most Revenants.

Edit:

Oh Oh… looks like he’s about to Crack… ah man and he’s so close too… I was hoping he could hold on until the DLC… because thats when the real Bull ■■■■ Starts.

Edit 2:
Okay breaks over… Need to make the final push for Summer… been stuck in winter for too long…

Edit 3: God ■■■■■■■ Damnit !!!

So it looks the DLC has given up all pretense of trying to make imagintive Boss… its just NPC Bosses with Infinite Living Weapon…

its so broken it rendered half of my Jutsus Worthless… I was literally killed during the Quick Change Animation.

There’s a reason why they removed the Infinte Living Weapon Exploit from the players… because it was Over Powered as ■■■■… and now they’re taking that same Over Powered crap and throwing it back at us !!! LoL… I don’t think that’s fair… I never got a chance to use that exploit.

Edit 4:
I managed to capture some Footage of That inexplicable slow down to William’s animations… which was completely unnecessary because I know everyone here has had this happen to them.

What I need Is footage with my inputs… to see if I’m just not pressing the buttons or if the game is just being straight up ignorant.

Already got footage of me catching a few enemies with a plunging attack only for the enemy not to react, and then one shot me during the recovery animation…

Edit 5 :
Gosh… Finally !!! Made it to Summer…

That red ■■■■■■ had unpunishable attacks in living weapon mode 2… I tried using some Makibishi to slow him down so I could get an opening… even with sloth he just slips away… so I figured I would

do some passive Punishing with poison… unfortunately like a moron I didn’t buy enough poison tools… all I had were Poison Shurikens… so rather than smacking him with a spear I punished with poison Shurikens instead… the throwing animation was so long that I had to use quick change to get the minimum amount of Shurikens thrown without dying… from there I had to just had to run around and let the poison do its work… and it did… until the 20% Mark… I was fresh out of poison, elixirs and Substitution Jutsus… it was just me and him… no wait… I had 16 Kunai… I didn’t even try to set up how to use them I just tossed them one after the other and hoped I would kill the ■■■■■■ before he could get an attack out…

and I literally killed him before he blasted me. Oh God I hate that ■■■■■■ !!!

Edit 6:

So if theres any enemy in this game that resembles Champion Gundyr… its definitely Sanada Maru’s first Living Weapon…

I say this becausd every attack animation transitions into another animation.

Thats what makes the Gundyr Fight so challenging, because even though learning what each individual hit looks like is easy, he’s essentially patternless…and you need Patterns to punish.

Edit 7:

LoL… I knew it… Because of how convenient the Red Demon armor is… alot of people use it online… and apparently it bugs some people seeing everybody where the Red Demon.

See Team Ninja… if you weren’t so ■■■■■■■ greedy with the Resources then we might actually see some Yagatarasu or Iga Jonin Sets… but nope… only bosses drop that ■■■■… so now Red Demon’s are everywhere.

LoL… I literally only have two viable sets… Red Demon and Sarutobi… and I only just got Sarutobi’s Set… so my entire first playthrough was Red Demon all the way… I want Yagatarasu but they won’t give it to me…

Edit 8:

Wow its amazing how far people get in this game with out knowing or using specific mechanics…

So far I’ve seen:
Beat the game without using items (Me).
Beat The Game with 1 weapon only using mid stance.
Beat the game without using Ki Pulse.
Beat the Game with out Escaping Combos using guard.

And non of these people were trying to prove anything or were on some self imposed challenge… they either didn’t know or simply weren’t forced to use them…

And… I mean… for a game thats suppose to be challenging thats just wrong… I mean in gears you have to use cover… either do it or die… but in this game its like… whatever… use it if you can… but its okay if you don’t.

Edit 9:
So Team Ninja wanted to kick off summer with a Bang… and their first order of Business was to take the final boss from Winter and Throw him at you again… no problem… I kicked his ■■■■ in once so I’l just kick his ■■■■ in Again… so in the middle of my Paralysis Cheese Loop the very first Boss from winter decided to crash the party…

So now its William vs Living Weapon Spammer with Ninja Jack ■■■ for back up…

LoL… I didn’t even pay attention to Sasuke… Yukimaru is entirely way too Dangerous to ignore… so I didn’t even bother changing my gameplan… if Sasuke ■■■■■ me up then so be it… nothing I can do about it. Luckily the RNG was in my favour and I was able to poison Yukimaru to death… YET AGAIN !!!.

Oh and get this… the developers created a new amulet to go together with the new arrow storm mechanic (Because why not Copy Dark Souls 3’s DLC Too)… and it doesn’t work !!! ■■■■■■■ Trolling !!!

Sigh…

You know what… I’m calling it… The Final Boss fight for Summer is going to be two Infinite Living Weapon Bosses… and honestly… if they do that then I don’t think I can finish this game… without Cheating !!!

@FallofSeraphs76
Hey Buddy… got a Proposition For Ya…

I wana make make a list of all the Samurai Skills that have special properties… you know… knock downs, staggers, Hyper Armor… pretty much anything that works… stuff thats Stat Independent.

You in ?

It would distract me from my relentless whining… :smiling_imp: whaddya say ?

Man I havent played NIOH in months. Im not sure what help I would be and honestly not sure why Id want to dedicate any time to a spread sheet as I make spread sheets all day at work lol

1 Like