New Years Post from Iron Galaxy

Not sure if anyone here caught this, but Iron Galaxy posted this for New Years 2023:

It could mean nothing, it could mean something… classic Ed Boon style here :smile:

2 Likes

I think it means nothing till we see it.

Could be a cute little wink and a nod to the future. We’ll see. I suppose it’s better than them not acknowledging the best game they’ve worked on at all. Man would I love a sequel from them though… Built from the ground up.

I know they’re undoubtedly hard at wrok on Rumbleverse content and probably some other games as well, but I really hope Phil Spencer has the sense to throw them a bag and get a new KI game from them as soon as they can make it happen.

I’ve complained about this before on these forums, but the way MS treats their legacy IP… This whole rumored idea that games have to “earn a sequel” is ridiculous. If it’s a good game and it reviews well and it slowly builds an audience over time, then make another. Build franchises. You can keep looking for the next Halo, that smash hit from day one, and you can also bring a large number of quality exclusives that fans love and know to expect over time.

Keep going with Killer Instinct, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Crimson Skies, MechAssualt, Kameo, Fable, Perfect Dark, Gears, Forza and Halo. Let that be your stable of reliable franchises along with whatever games your newly purchased studios can bring to market.

4 Likes

Indeed, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Keep going with Killer Instinct, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Crimson Skies, MechAssualt, Kameo, Fable, Perfect Dark, Gears, Forza and Halo. Let that be your stable of reliable franchises along with whatever games your newly purchased studios can bring to market.

Crimson Skies is criminally underrated. An intense dogfight game would be really sick with today’s technology.

2 Likes

Yeah I remember when Crimson Skies came out. Most review outlets gave it 9+ out of 10. At least the ones I read. I played that game a ton and it was great.

That’s kinda my main issue with MS right now. These were great games. They could still continue these franchises. It’s honestly maddening that they can’t seem to get this done when companies like Nintendo can churn out new iterations of their many franchises each console generation. Xbox can basically handle 3 right now and even that’s turning out to be a struggle given Halo’s GaS issues and Gears absence.

3 Likes