New Star Wars Last Jedi

5 Likes

So now I take it Rey and Kylo Ren are going to work together and at the same time help each other later on in the new Star Wars film? :wink: :slight_smile:

I bet that’s scene is an edit to throw people off. I think it’s Luke or Finn

3 Likes

I thought the same thing.Same with Luke talking about only seeing power that strong once then they show a clip of the Jedi temple burning.

1 Like

It looks to be a lot more meaty than Force Awakens. FA was good, and a lot better than the prequels, but that isn’t saying much. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t watched a single Star Wars film yet…

2 Likes

Interesting, the title suggests no more Jedi will exist. I wonder if Kylo and Rey will form a temporary alliance for a greater purpose.

I’m also kind of worried that they will brush off Luke like nothing. I hope they don’t as Luke is the embodiment of focus and will, whereas Rey clearly possess more raw power. I hope he isn’t killed off and if he is, hopefully better than Obi-wan.

I’d bet people would freak out if you say that to them? Nah, you really don’t have too. I’ve watched it growing up so I love the franchise, but it really is overhyped. It’s not bad by any means, but if it’s not your thing, don’t feel like you have to only because “it’s Star Wars”.

1 Like

I really like the universe and everything. This includes the games(Forced Unleashed,Lego games, and Battlefront), but I don’t have the movies so I can’t watch them.

1 Like

Blasphemy!

Once you have money, they are worth investing in, especially if you like the games and such.

1 Like

My current plan is to get an Xbox One X, Battlefront 2, and Dragon Ball FighterZ. Once I have enough for it, I’ll start saving up for Star Wars.

2 Likes

im skeptical, rey is the biggest fuckingg mary sue character that it tarnishes everything :confused:

3 Likes

Still better than Jar Jar Binks… but that isn’t saying anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m 200% with you, R1. As someone who enjoyed Episodes 1-6, & Rogue One, The Force Awakens was a total bust for me.

Rey & Finn were a pair of derps that felt awkward in the film.

The new story completely undid the original trilogy: Luke, Han, & Leia were heroes who were instrumental in toppling a galaxy-spanning Empire! Now Luke’s a space-hobo, Han & Leia are space-divorced, and none of them seem to be happy in any way whatsoever. Not only that, with Neo-Empire making Death Star 3.0, their story isn’t as important because they obviously didn’t finish the fight. Talk about episodes 1-3 all you want, but they brought completely new concepts to the table, unlike the “A New Hope Remake” that was The Force Awakens.

It didn’t explain anything about what was going on in the galaxy since Return of the Jedi (Who is the First Order? Why is there a “Rebellion” to fight off this Neo-Empire? Is the First Order an Empire-Lite or Empire 2.0? Why didn’t the New Republic or whatever it’s called combine to stomp down the new Empire?) Why didn’t we get a NEW concept instead of rehashing the classics?

Kylo Wimp made Anakin and Luke at their whiniest look like complete badasses. Hey, pretty boy Sith wanna-be- You got the crap kicked out of you by a girl who didn’t know what the Force was this morning! You suuuuuuuuck!

My favorite element of the films has always been the aliens, and the new Disney movies go out of their way to NOT show the aliens for more than a fraction of a second, and the ones that DO appear on screen are mostly dudes in beekeeper outfits of various colors and textures. The space Hooter’s in Ep 7 was a wasted opportunity, as the camera never lingered around the freaks and weirdos hanging around, like it did for the Cantina, Podrace, and Jabba’s Palace…

There were some good things I can say about the worst Star Wars movie though:
BB-8 was cool! Chewbacca & Han stole the show in the best way! … I liked C-3P0’s red arm, because it looked like he’s been through a little more since we’ve seen him last, and it added to his character, BUT THEY CHANGED IT BACK AT THE END OF THE MOVIE.

Although Episode 8 obviously continues the bad direction of 7, I’m still in to see if it gets better. Besides, those gorilla-walkers look really cool. :gorilla:

-Zenek

PS. Jar Jar is WAAAAAY better than Rey could ever hope to be. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I would love to see an uber serial elderly Jar Jar.
I still can’t believe Jar Jar was conceived by someone whom hated Jaxxon so much.

@oTigerSpirit So does that mean Rey would become FAR/WAY MORE powerful than and at the same time would even surpass Luke Skywalker as the MOST powerful Jedi in AND for this current Star Wars universe?

Most likely. However, I’m actually hoping that they’re going for a protagonist switch. Where Kylo is redeemed, and Rey falls to the dark side. Would make for a much more interesting conflict in movie 3.

Here’s hoping they learned their lesson, and have written a better script involving this character. Rey’s Mary Sue status in the previous movie was what bumped it down for me from being pretty good, to not so much. Bad writing is just that: Bad writing.

1 Like

I never really got this complaint. The three main trilogy protagonists all follow the same formula. Anakin, Luke, and Rey: Good mechanics despite being self taught. Good pilots despite being self taught. Good with the force despite minimal/no training. Competent lightsaber wielders despite minimal/no training. Then they all grew up on desert planets, have mysterious parentage, and get thrusted into the main story by pure coincidence (aka the force) Rey is no more Mary Sue than the other two were, but for some reason it’s ok for the other two but not for her to be that way.

4 Likes

Now in Luke’s and Anakin’s cases, they BOTH happened to be Gary Stu characters :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh boy, here we go.

This is most likely a losing battle before it even gets started, but if I may:

First off, let’s all keep this civil. Remember that the KI forums are not the place for flaming, gender politics, or any other such ridiculous nonsense. Respect your fellow forum members, and remember, that the option to agree to dis-agree is always there.

Second, if you would humor me, have a watch:

Again, treat each other with respect and politeness. Let’s not turn this into a flame war here.

3 Likes