Need some positivity right now

In case you guys haven’t heard, Hurricane Harvey has been pretty merciless to the people of Texas, my home state. And although I’ve been blessed so far to not have the power go out on me just yet, the flooding is high enough to where a water breach is very possible. Many people however have had it much worst so far and I’ve made this thread to see if I can regain some lost morale and spread some positivity to my family and friends who are suffering the same. Thank all you for taking the time to read this far and wish us the best of luck going forward from here… <3 these forums, I wouldn’t come to any other community for kind words.

7 Likes

Yeah, hurricanes suck (blow?). My sister had just finished up graduate school and was living in New Orleans when Katrina hit, so while I haven’t been through one myself I’m well aware of how they affect people. I hope everyone in the area gets some relief from it soon and can recover just as quickly.

1 Like

Best of luck to you and your family, and to all the people in the path of the hurricane and floods. Stay safe bro.

2 Likes

You’ll be ok for sure. Stay safe, and be sure to take precaution. I’ll keep you in my thoughts for sure.

1 Like

wish i knew what more to say, well wishes

2 Likes

Best of luck to you my friend. I hope everyone will be safe around you.

1 Like

Know the feeling. Came prepared wth a fun meme to cheer him up, but knew in a heartbeat that it wasn’t sufficient.

1 Like

Just be calm, cool and collected out there.

1 Like

Continue to stay strong during these tough times. I hope you and others in Houston stay safe. I’m from Houston and have family and friends there, so I’ve been through the crazy flooding and seen the aftermath first-hand. We’ve gotten through this before and we can do it again. Again, stay strong, friend.

1 Like

Yeah. The Hurricane is really bad in Texas. Good luck dude!

1 Like

Above all stay safe and be careful too.

2 Likes

Just stay calm, ration your groceries and get out if you can. It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Best wishes and Godspeed.

1 Like

Hope you remain safe while through this. I’ll have you and your family in my thoughts. Take good care.

1 Like

Update: So far we’ve had a few close calls but luckily there hasn’t been a water breach so far, and the power is still up as well so we’ve been spared most of the disastrous results in other areas but the rain is still nonstop with varying degrees of intensity although the worst of the storm seems to have passed. Thank all of you for your words and advice, and so far I’ve managed to remain positive which has helped lighten the mood for those around me so thanks again for helping me remain strong through this trying time.

6 Likes

Update #2: At this point the worst is behind us as far as my area and the rest of my family’s area as well. However all of us are in awe of the condition of the rest of the city and how the rain still persists even to this moment and beyond. As far as the rest of Texas is concerned, boats are becoming more and more numerous as some neighborhoods are almost literally underwater and there are concerns of an imminent chemical leak from a refinery around the La Porte area of Texas. Other than that though there is so much love and support coming from all over and Houston as a whole is feeling very appreciative of the efforts of first responders, the police, coast and national guard etc. who are all putting their lives on the line to help others they don’t even know. So far I feel very lucky to not have suffered nearly as harshly as my fellow Texans have, but our hearts still weigh heavily from the situation as a whole. I’ll continue to update this so you guys can be in on what’s happening here, and wish all of us the best in trying to recover.

4 Likes

That’s good to hear.

Stay safe mr all seeing hawk

2 Likes

Will do. Thank you for your words.

1 Like

I’m not the praying type, but i feel for anyone and everyone going though this. I can’t imagine it, and it’s inspiring for me for those that have kept it together and those helping others to keep it together. Continue to stay safe though, @AllSeeingHawk

1 Like

Final Update: The storm has finally left us behind, and although much of the area in Houston is still trying to recover and water still needs time to recede in some places, much of the once raging waters in the streets of local neighborhoods much like my own have already dried up and nearby shops and restaurants have already opened their doors and resumed their activities as if nothing ever happened. Although the same cannot be said of all neighborhoods, I am eternally grateful that all of my friends and family are safe as well as their homes and belongings. And I’d like to thank all of you who have taken the time to read these updates and offer kind words and positive energy in a rather distressing situation, you’ve all helped me “Fight On!” As well as lend that spirit to those close to me, love you all.

6 Likes