My KI custom arcade cabinet

Totally Kick ■■■ !!!
Tournament @ your place. I’ll bring the beer

1 Like

That looks awesome. When you say “the front of the cabinet” you mean where the quarter slots are?

I was actually meaning the keyboard door, just below the tankstick. Yeah, the bottom of it is bare too, but they don’t have an option to get a graphic for it…my guess is because they have several options for the bottom panel (coin door, lager regular door, maybe something else).

1 Like

Sweet! Very nice man! :smile: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Well, I’m necroing this thread because I’ve done a bit of upgrading to the cabinet. First off I dropped a GTX 960 in the PC, so it can actually run KI well…and other games too I suppose.

I also got an Aimtrak “light gun” for it so now I can play light gun games as well. And while it essentially works like a wii remote, infrared led bar & all, it’s a lot smoother than a wiimote, so it’s pretty nice. The main thing I’ve played on it so far is VS Duck Hunt…what can I say, I love taking my revenge on the dog in the bonus round after all these years :imp:

And last but certainly not least, I got new artwork for the tankstick and the keyboard door. A huge shoutout to @Sanguithal for helping to make the tankstick artwork. It turned out beautifully.

9 Likes

Damn!!! That is pretty sick. So glad it all came together, it really fits nicely with everything. Didn’t think you’d have it up so fast, wow.

Yeah, I didn’t think so either, but the place I got it from (recroommasters), shipped it pretty fast. As neat as it is, it didn’t come without a few hangups. Some of the holes were offcut enough I had to open up the tankstick and unscrew a lot of buttons and bolts to make sure the overlay was flush against the top, and then some troubleshioting ensued that simply caused by a couple of connectors to a button touching and closing the circuit…anyway…all done now and it all looks and works great! Plus they sent spares spare overlays of the artwork!!

It really is a thing of beauty.

2 Likes

Hello, Thats great possible i could give you an image for the tankstick to print ?

I just draw the image up, I didn’t print out anything. @WrathOfFulgore printed it out.
If you want an image, I can draw one for you and send the file.

I’ll also add that I didn’t technically print one out, I ordered the print from Rec Room Masters’s website.

Self made

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

:grin: :smile: :sunglasses: :video_game: :+1: :clap: :ok_hand:

Man, I wish I had the talent for this. Lol.

Hey guys, I know I haven’t been around much lately, but I wanted to show off my lastest upgrade to my arcade cabinet, which will probably be my last one as this gives me so many options to work with, but I installed new purple joysticks and clear buttons with RGB led lights in them, so now I can do stuff like this:

It was a fun project, taught me a lot about wiring, soldering, ordering the correct parts after I screwed up & such…a ton of trial and error, but in the end it works exactly how I wanted it to, & I love it. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I’m gonna steal your KI custom arcade cabinet

3 Likes

hey, thought I’d give a quick update. After about a month after it was supposed to be here I finally got a upgraded pcb for the X-arcade tankstick that controls the cabinet. One of the key things that I got it for is it finally lets the computer see it as a pair of X-input or directinput controllers, so with it modern games play like I hoped it would to start with. This means I can play KI, SFV, MK11, etc with virtually no hassle on the control aspect.

I’m also planning on setting up a second hot-swappable control board for the purpose of playing 4-player arcade games. This one I’ll likely be making from scratch myself, so keep an eye out. But first things first, I gotta get the current tankstick more easily detachable than it currently is.

1 Like

So I started work on the new 4-player controller board, mostly right now I just got the plywood and cut out the pieces for the board and the box that will go under it to house the wiring. I used the current control board (X-Arcade tankstick) as a guide, mostly because the cabinet is specifically built to house the tankstick. It’s still going to be awhile before I do anything else with it. I’m no pro at using a skill saw so there are quite a few imperfections I’m going to have to figure out, plus I need a hole saw for the buttons, etc, etc. But I’ve got the first part out of the way, so that’s something.

3 Likes