My ideas for Season 4 characters

I like the idea of him setting up traps and tricks n such. I also would enjoy it if he had a mallet that he pulls from nowhere, with animations that are somewhat exaggerated like Rash’s. It would be silly, but I’d also like an acid-spitting bowtie.
I’m very aware that Gargos has a clown accessory, but it’s just that: an accessory. I want an actual, fleshed out character. My favorite aspect of this game is when they pull out Hollywood horror tropes, and for diehard horror fans this archetype is well established and crucial.
Edit: Also now that I think about it, whatever kind of haunted carnival stage that would possibly accompany him would make me downright giddy XD

uh

Don’t we already have that covered?

“Awww, aren’t my guns enough?”

6 Likes

I’m personally not a fan of clowns, so that’s not something I’d personally want to see, but props to you for thinking outside the box without getting too crazy. :slight_smile:

BUT… I must say that I love the gunslinger idea. I thought that Erron Black was one of the best additions to MK since the original trilogy just on looks and style alone, so if KI could have a character with that much of a silent cool factor going on, I’d be all for it! Maybe they could be some sort of demon hunter?

I love the western idea, like the gun slinger that you posted from The Dark Tower. Maybe something slightly more traditional?

Or they could go more sci-fi and toward the demon hunting side, with contraptions and what not:

Or more gothic, like vampire hunter D, but also with six shooters in their repertoire:

Either way, I think a character like this could really work in KI!

As for what I’d personally like to see… Here’s my list:

-OLD SAGE-

While I still want the KI Gold practice guy in some capacity, I think they could modernize that idea or make it better either with a more traditional style; simple, or perhaps more ornate than this:

Old Sage

Or go for more of the wily / hermit sage:

-NAGA-

Gotta have some monsters right? I think that this could be really cool, even if having no legs might make things difficult. They could either be a human hybrid:

Or more monstrous / snake-like:

-MMA FIGHTER-

On the human side, I just think that this would be a really cool rival / foil for TJ. A character that can use joint locks, maybe even throws to the ground, with punches and knees for autos, joint locks, etc. I’m sure some are sick of him by now, but this is more or less the look I could see an MMA fighter having in KI.

-WRAITH-

I just think that this could be a really dark, cool looking character for KI and it’s not something really explored at all in the game. Either something more cloaked and ethereal:

Wraith 1

Or perhaps something more warrior-like:

-LOVECRAFTIAN-

Definitely still want to see this happen, and to me, this is still the best realization of what I’d like to see a creature like this look like in KI; just a mix of sea creature, tentacles and claws:

Lovecraftian

-NINJA-

I know, some say Jago fills that role. Some say Sadira. But when I look at traditional modern takes on ninjas, I don’t see that in KI. I’d love a dark, shadowy figure with tons of weapons like this that could make their gameplay entirely unique to the game, and certainly to the two characters that kinda but don’t really fill the description:

-DJINN-

The more I think about this, the more potential I see. A creature that could literally do anything. The only limits are the developers imagination. I could certainly see something dark and ominous like this working well:

-WITCH-

We have a ghost, a vampire, a werewolf, a mummy, etc. Why not complete the Halloween motif and add a witch as well? A few directions they could go… They could go traditional:

Witch4

They could go creepy:

They could go sultry, and perhaps make here more of a foil to Sadira:

Or more Earth Goddess:

Last but not least (for me anyways…

-PRETRANSFORMATION CINDER-

Or Post transformation, like if Aria decided to somehow reverse the effects on Cinder and turn him back to Ben Ferris while she creates a line of more obedient clones like her Fulgore units. Maybe his body is scarred from the fire, and he’s forced to wear a more high tech mercenary look and just so happens to bare a striking resemblance to another mercenary:

So yeah, those are characters I’d like to see in KI at some point either for season 4 or beyond.

4 Likes

When I said samurai, I’m thinking more of a traditional armored samurai with no magic, no supernatural force, just some classic katana swinging

This is good! But there has to be an excuse for how he can fight the KI cast since they’re all superhuman. He could be a serial killer but with special enhancements from Ultratech. Maybe an alien or monstrous vampire or just stick with the demonic entity.

Yeah, I have to admit that it’s difficult for me to place him into the narrative neatly, but I most like the idea of him being a (likely unsuccessful) Ultratech experiment. Or a previously deceased, reanimated serial killer. Or both.
Perhaps Aria’s fascination with Hisako lead to her trying to bring something back from the dead, and the target just happened to be a deceased serial killer clown XD
Maybe he was a contestant in the first tournament where he was ultimately slain.

The theme music for this character would be so amazing. I think that’s a project that Atlas Plug and Celldweller could really sink their teeth into

1 Like

These are amazing ideas, espiecally the idea of an mma fighter. His play style can have something similar to the moveset of Abel from SV4. A more grapple oriented TJ. Sounds awesome

2 Likes

If there is one thing I want KI to have it more Sci-fi tropes such as:
Mutants, more aliens, super soldiers/cops, clones, etc.

CONSTANTINE❤

1 Like

hahaha Connor Mcgregor cos, why not.

incredible post lago!! u got van helsing, medusa… just looking a pic of hellblazer

1 Like

OH YEAH!!! Here we go… dude that post was really cool man!!!

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

So a shark monster is “too cheesy” for you, but you want a wraith named “Grim Reaper?” :laughing:

:cheese: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :cheese:

(Either way, there are character ideas on this thread that I like more than others too, but if you don’t like something that someone else does, just share something you DO like or just be cool and ignore it- You catch more Sadiras with honey, than vinegar- or something like that… :spider: )

Still, there’s plenty of good stuff that people are suggesting, and I can’t shake the feeling that we’re destined for more KI fighters in the future. Outside of Alex (the Sharkman’s proposed name from the survey so long ago), I’d like to see THE Wendigo (as @justathereptile suggested!) , an Ape-beast, and some kind of predatory alien creature (spines, acid-spit, tentacles, fangs, go nuts!). I really love characters like Sabrewulf and Riptor, and it would be so cool if an all-new creature-beast joined the KI crew!

-Zenek

PS. In the meantime, I’ll keep dreaming… :shark:

4 Likes

This…this is not acceptable…Shark person shall prevail! He will drown the competition! Lol :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a shark man honestly, if he was a remix character I’d bet he’d be based off either TJ or Aganos. As for a Windego (could be the alpha Wendigo and look like the cleric beast from Bloodborne) I bet he’d be a cross between saberwulf and Kan-Ra.

3 Likes

Yeah I would like these. Maybe this gunslinger could be a combination of all of them and move like the Gunslinger in Dark Tower, that would be great, but if he’s a demon hunter I wonder how they would implement his style, a zoner with limited ammo? Also I keep thinking him as a victorian character, western or a modern day warrior.

Hah could be like the Gunslinger and be from an old Western universe? The old west has died out as we know.

The reaper, old sage, naga (which I want badly), ninjas, witches, lovecraft are all cool. I’m thinking feudal ninja or modern tech?

1 Like

Maybe he could’ve been a serial killer they reanimated in a macabre fashion like some zombie of sort while using all his trick n style moves. I like the idea of him being a contender from the first tournament. I just wish I could figure how it would make sense how he would know how to fight and why he dresses as a clown in KI lure. Cause it seems like everyone thinks a clown is a stupid idea :frowning:

1 Like

It’s all good brother, we’ll keep the dream alive XD
I remember Killerinstinctonline having a poll a few months ago where they threw out a slew of archetypes and the killer clown did well. IIRC it got beat out by ‘magical archer’ which we now have. But no matter, I’ve been enjoying our chat :slight_smile:
#ki #downtoclown

I’ve also really liked the other proposals here, I wish we could see all of these characters in KI in the future. #4moreseasons

A good topic and a good thread. Props to all who are participating in this chat

1 Like

I feel like we need a gun-based and a sword-based character.

Gun-based: Gunslinger from the Alps (just a thought)
Sword-based: Hehehe… Ryujin No Ken Wo Kurae! There’s a good chance that won’t happen :sob:

Yeah we do have Jago, Shadow Jago and Shin Hisako for swords, but (apart from Shin Hisako), they’re just razor sharp swords and nothing dramatic, js :joy: