Mortal Kombat X New Netcode!?

Sounds like fun, thanks for sharing the video! I hope they fix this… its really bad right now. I like to play online…but it gets frustrating way to quickly

This is great, and certainly this is a step they need to take moving the franchise forward. But I don’t think it bodes well that it is a closed beta with limited character selection options. This suggests that it’s not simply a question of removing the old netcode and replacing it with better code. They are essentially having to remake the game around the new code. I’m really surprised they are doing this, but they must really want to move units of the Kombat Pack 2.

The good news is they should be building the better code into Injustice 2.

1 Like

I certainly hope so! I want to dominate with my “brain meets brawn” duo again (Lex and Grundy)! They got me to the top 100 world-wide and the former got me in the top 10 for best Lex period. :slight_smile:

I cannot wait for this to go into effect (granted the new netcode actually ends up working). Also, would the new netcode effect the speed at which someone would actually find matches? I wouldn’t think it would, but I’m just curious if anyone else knows.

Mind changing the title to “Netkode”? I had no idea what netcode meant.

4 Likes

I retired MKX months ago. No point in going to the dojo if you can’t execute those movies online. Absolute game killer. And I will not get my hopes too high over this news either. Time will tell. What a disappointment thus far from NRS.

1 Like

Pretty much spot on.

I still go into practice and do combos all day. But yeah, if it works, then I’ll be happy, and I might jump back online.

My face when considering an MK game with decent online:

1 Like

I Actually Sold My Copy Of The Game. Lol. The Online Gameplay Was Just So Bad To Me. If MKX Receives A Better Netcode, I’ll Glad Get It Again.

Testify! I even tried to switch to Jason just because he’s slower than christmas but it wasn’t nearly as fun as Raiden so it didn’t really scratch the itch.

Slow? I’ve been trying to main Ferra/Torr since I got the game! You want to talk about slow online!? There’s a reason you don’t see many of them online…

1 Like

Ferra/Torr isn’t that hard to play. Plus, I see tons online.

I played a few hours yesterday and man i had some rough LAG matches…One was so bad an uppercut wouldn’t even come out on time…yeah…that bad. And it hurts so bad when you loose these type matches because you know you can play and execute combos, but online combos are not even an option…you have to go for uppercuts, projectiles and jump kicks

It’s because it’s true, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had to rewrite the game engine entirely to support rollback netcode.

It’s a massive undertaking and I think the only reason they’re doing it is to use MKX as a test for a future project. If they thought this was super important, I think it would have been in the game from the start. I guess they finally got the hint, after literally everyone complained and all their competitors started using rollback, that this is something they messed up on.

Because of how big the job is, I wouldn’t hold your breath until you get to test it. Rollback netcode is extremely tricky to implement, so even if they have all the best intentions, the execution might not be that great (this is especially true since they are trying to retrofit the code into an existing game, and to put it kindly, NRS doesn’t have the best history with netcode implementation).

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t really know since I haven’t played it since they released the predator…