Mortal Kombat X New Netcode!?

Maximillian Dood just released a YouTube video that suggests that MKX might actually get better netcode, similar to SF5 and KI, following a Tweet from Ed Boon!

This is the SOLE reason I stopped playing MKX altogether! If they go through with this, I will definitely be hopping back on the bandwagon!

I’d link to the video, but I’m on my XB1, where I can’t copy/paste it, so I’ll let someone else do it, or you can simply find it on YouTube yourself (it shouldn’t be hard to find).

What’s your take on this potential possibility?

1 Like

I might actually get MKX now. Hope the netcode is nearly as good as Ki’s

Why you make another MKX thread? Why not disscussion in my MKX thread.

I no longer follow that thread, I wanted more attention, I don’t think anyone mentioned it in that thread yet, I don’t want to scroll through numerous pages to find it, and so on… There are numerous reasons why I didn’t.

It’s okay. But someone post another MKX thread for KP2. My MKX thread almost dying because another thread. That’s why I don’t want my thread dead.

A very good netcode developer from what I read.

1 Like

Not particularly hopeful given the experiences I’ve had with MK9 and Injustice. Never picked up MKX on the console because of the multiplayer issues. If I’m gonna be staring for ages at a “Searching” screen, I’d much rather have it be KI’s.

I also left MKX solely because of inferior netcode. I do hope they fix it.

1 Like

yeah, I’ve thought about this quite a bit. I’m not sure I will go back to it. I can only play it once the kids go to bed, and I don’t find the fighting system very engaging. I haven’t really messed with even half of the characters - which I should do in single player, but I haven’t been motivated to do that.

I’d love to get a better return on my investment but my window of interest has probably passed for MKX. Who knows? Maybe I will give it another shot if the netcode gets updated.

1 Like

Honestly, this is me. I love MK…I may be the biggest MK lore guy on this site, but even I stopped playing MKX after month 1. I could only play late at night when my kids were home, and that is on top of the fact that I don’t have the time or desire to fight through bad connections. If the GGPO thing is actually a thing, I’d pop it in and play some more, whether or not I’d stick with it is another thing entirely.

Like you alluded to, the fighting system is weird. Different than any other MK game, and honestly its flow is SO different than anything FG that it is sort of off putting. I can enjoy a good MKX match from time to time, but sometimes, even at high level, it just looks so…mashy; like poor gameplay mashy. IDK, maybe SF and KI’s more footsie heavy and controlled pace have ruined me. While KI is hella fast, when you play/watch it, things make sense. MKX just seems like two dogs fighting…no grace, no swagger, just to bodies going at it, trading blows 'til one doesn’t move anymore.

2 Likes

One of the other things that’s true is that, unlike lots of other games, it’s really hard to jump in and out of MK. The fighting system is so odd, and there are so many blind three hit high low mixups that character knowledge is really key. Plus, you always forget all your fatalities and finishers when you leave the game for a couple of weeks. So when I try to go back to it I have to sit with my phone open scrolling through finisher menus…

I know that sounds dumb, but that’s my experience. Even getting on to play casual matches with my brother online, we are always fumbling around with sheets and devices and generally all screwed up.

2 Likes

yeah I used to have print out of my top 3 characters sprawled across the coffee table lol
I wish you could leave the combos and commands on screen like when playing single player.

Now that I’m older, I can see it. As a kid, I had ALL that ■■■■ locked away in my head. Now though, I really don’t care as much, as I’m far more concerned with the actual fight than the after fight shenanigans.

1 Like

Seeing is believing.

3 Likes

[quote=“Nightswipe0, post:14, topic:4032, full:true”]
Seeing is believing.
[/quote]Truer words were never said.

I bought the game and immediately regretted my decision because of the horrible netcode. I’ll be taking another look at it if they really do fix it.

I can’t express how disappointed I was in NRS for releasing their next gen Mortal Kombat with such embarrassing netcode. Especially knowing how well their games have sold in the past and the fact that they have WB’s financial backing. I’d really like to know what their excuse was because I can’t think of any.

1 Like

[quote=“DeathBlooms2K8, post:16, topic:4032, full:true”]
I bought the game and immediately regretted my decision because of the horrible netcode. I’ll be taking another look at it if they really do fix it.

I can’t express how disappointed I was in NRS for releasing their next gen Mortal Kombat with such embarrassing netcode. Especially knowing how well their games have sold in the past and the fact that they have WB’s financial backing. I’d really like to know what their excuse was because I can’t think of any.
[/quote]Truer words were never said. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

New “Ehnanced Online Beta” for MKX! Sign ups start next week!

2 Likes

I was actually thinking about this as I was driving home from work today - I was thinking about why on earth they would release a potentially catastrophic netcode without 1st allowing the public to test it. And then, this happened. :wink:

I’m signing up! They have Johnny Cage available! Yay!