Mortal Kombat Annihilation or Batman & Robin

Mortal Kombat Annihilation or Batman & Robin; both are movie sequels released in 1997, and they both suck, but which movie do you think is worse? Be sure to give at least one reason for your choice, and what you feel the other movie did better.

In case you ask, I posted this topic because, a few days ago, I dreamed I was playing an version of MUGEN with only MK characters and characters from Joel Schumacher’s Batman Forever and Batman & Robin(in the latter’s case, the character sprites were ripped from the SNES/Sega Genesis version of the Batman Forever game, which appropriately was made by Acclaim with the same graphical style as the early MK games), and a story mode retelling those two movies. I also dreamed I was watching the first Mortal Kombat movie recreated in the game’s graphical engine. I think it’d be cool if some has the resources to actually do that!

1 Like

I recognize and realize their suckiness… but I like them still. <3
They’re definitely not good, but I’m entertained by them and I like watching them now and again. ^^

So I couldn’t possibly choose between them.

Ok… but what would you think about what I said in the second paragraph?

Not gonna happen.

Batman & Robin was worse.
MKA wasn’t particularly a good movie, but it stayed close to the source material (MK3) and all the characters were who they were supposed to be. Plus it did have a few ok fight sequences. Not great, but not terrible either.

1 Like

Mortal Kombat Annihilation currently stands as the worse for me. So many characters just appeared with no real background story or a good reason. Robot Smoke in MK2, Reptile’s race appearing, Nightwolf, etc,.

I would go on but no. Just no.

Barman & Robin had a terrible script.

Let’s be honest. The only reason anyone likes the first MK movie was because we all expected it to be terrible. It is better than it should be, which doesn’t make it a good movie.

So, Annihilation’s reputation as awful compared to the first one is a bit unfair.

Batman and Robin is not as bad as reputed either, but it’s worse because it could have been good. They shifted the tone of the Batman movies towards a real comic book when the world was shifting the other way. Miscast, poorly scripted and bloated with two villains that didn’t work well together. It was a big miss.

1 Like