Mods for PC version?

OMG THEY ARE GORGEOUS!
i love hisako! ANS OF COURSE KIM WU / orchid

I loved that quote in Maverick Hunter X.

1 Like

That quote itself is what led X to become my instant favorite character in the Mega Man franchise. :slight_smile:

lolā€¦all it took for me was playing through MMX for the very first time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Someone make a mod replacing Gargosā€™ minions with despicable me minions please!

1 Like

So, no news about our modding friend?

BTW, that retro Sabrewulf looking a lot better than the actual in-game one ā€¦ even if itā€™s just an early version. I mean, he already doesnā€™t look like a rat!

I think we can declare this officially dead :pensive:

Ok, letā€™s talk about something folks to keep this topic on touchā€¦

Once modding gets fully supported one day, what kind of mods do you want to see and why?

This is my list:

• Model Replacement (ex.: Ryu model over Jago) - DUH!

• Move Swapping (ex.: Jago with Glaciusā€™ moves) - usually in most 3D fighting games, the results can often look hideous and funny as heck and if I had to pick one KI character, Iā€™d love to see Kan-Ra with Orchidā€™s moves, because I want to prove what Adam Isgreen said in a thread was right!

• Stage mods - for me, I would love to see a green screen stage, so that we could chroma key our beloved KI fighters in videos!

• Lighting mods - would love to see stages in Season 1 or 2 style lighting.

• UI mods - Season 1 and Season 2 style

What about you folks?

1 Like

Digging the UI mods idea. Iā€™d personally love a fire theme (S1) for the current UI :slight_smile:

As for what Iā€™d personally wantā€¦ proper retros would be enough. A fix for Fulgore, Thunder and Sabrewulf, and also some polish for Jago, Orchidā€™s KI2 retro, Mayaā€™s, etc.

1 Like

Iā€™d say say heā€™s either hard at work, or heā€™s hit a wall with implementing the mods.

neither justifies the silenceā€¦

1 Like

Um, heā€™s doing us a favor. He doesnā€™t owe us anything.

3 Likes

Sorry, I worded it wrong. I meant that since Bethertnyu has been pretty open about his progress even when he had nothing to show, I donā€™t think him being hard at work would mean he wouldnā€™t find time to answer, hence I suspect itā€™s something else: He may had to abandon the project for unknown reasons.

I made an account in the xentax forums to ask about the status of KI modding. Awaiting responses.

2 Likes

lol

Not necessarily that, but they may have taken other measures (cease and desist), and maybe no one is allowed to speak about it.

Well, considering the fact that IG/Microsoft are working on official mod support and have given their blessing to talk about stuff like that in here (as long as you donā€™t post direct links to it, in fear of messing up a playerā€™s game/computer), I highly doubt that. Plus, a cease and desist is usually announced so that way people can, yā€™know, cease and desist if they werenā€™t directly involved in the project.

official mod support in KI? I donā€™t think so.

No. MS (via Phil Spencer) announced that UWP will support mods as a platform. It is up to game developers to implement mods if they feel like it. Adam has always said ā€œIf/when we implement modsā€¦ā€[quote=ā€œSciencejoe, post:522, topic:7301ā€]
a cease and desist is usually announced so that way people can, yā€™know, cease and desist
[/quote]

A cease and desist needs to be communicated to the person of interest. We can talk all we want about mods, as long as we do not do anything about it (i.e. started to actually mod the game) we would not be persons of interest. If in fact a cease and desist was sent to him, we were left out of it, and furthermore, he could have been mandated not to talk about it in the same document.

That may be true, considering I was flagged for the comment. I thought it was pretty harmless myself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like