Modded Colors thus far

That’s certainly possible. I’m sure some will say “well why didn’t you just give us the color editor to begin with? Why sell us colors or make us buy figures to get colors?” or stuff along those lines.

To me, I think they want to make money, which is why they’d sell colors. Now that the game is complete (or it would be when they’d provide this), they’re not selling anything anymore. Maybe that seems like a bad thing to the consumer but most long time fans know that KI’s not a AAA title with a AAA budget, so yeah, if selling colors helps them even a little bit, then I can see justification in it.

Also, as far as the grinding for colors goes, part of that, to me, is getting IG’s color designs, which is cool. But part of it is also the whole “it’s the journey, not the destination.” I enjoyed grinding to get those colors, and if level 50 unlocked a color editor for me, then that’s an even bigger reward to strive for if I’m a player. Now I have IG’s cool color designs AND I can make my own.

Obviously though, that’s just how I’d personally look at it. I can absolutely see other people not looking at it that way, even if, to me, it seems a bit like looking a gift horse in the mouth. The fact that the dev wanted to make money off of selling colors and skins is hardly out of the ordinary these days. But still, I know some would still be pissed.

I think the biggest issue would be if they decided to do a KI sequel and they went back to selling colors. While I personally wouldn’t have a problem with it, I could see that being a problem for some.

I dunno, honestly? If they just said “hey, this game’s done. No more updates, but we’re giving you this one final thing to play with.” I think that’d be awesome. But again, that’s just me.

I’d say the same… if the retro skins had them too…

Yes! I want a gold retro Glacius, because I much prefer his retro design to the modern one, so I don’t get any use out of his gold color.

1 Like

I enjoyed that Omen, Riptor, Spinal, and Fulgore color. Lol @ Glacius x Frieza.

Aria with a Gundam or Macross Valkyrie scheme would be awesome!

5 Likes

That fulgore straight up reminded me of the geth from mass effect, it might look better on Kilgore though.

Kilgore always wanted to be like Magneto

7 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Whoa Shago lookin straight up Noob Saibot-y in that one! That looks AWESOME. All of these are really good, man! Still hoping before this game ends that they’ll put in some sort of color editor, perhaps as a level 50 character reward, that allows players to change all of the colors to what they want them to look like. I know it’ll never happen, but it’d still be an awesome final gift to the fans!

1 Like

If you have the steam version you can already make custom colors. There’s already tutorials on how to do it.

2 Likes

Now that the Steam version is out, I think you should start putting these ideas to use and actually starting modding these into the game.

2 Likes

I need muh pastels brah.

2 Likes

I’ve already made some of my own colors, two are actual changes, the other is a meme.

Not the best screenshots i have of these, they were kinda taken at my own pace, but I’ll see if I can get some better ones soon.

5 Likes