Matchmaking does not work on Windows 10 since yesterday

In both Ranked and Exhibition, matchmaking goes on forever and does not find anyone. It occurs since yesterday. Apparently invites work. Please do something about it. @developers @rukizzel

Teredo is fine btw.

Don’t know how is the situation on Steam.

3 Likes

Same thing is occurring on Xbox.

1 Like

Having the same issue

Yeah, I couldn’t find anybody on New Year’s Day. I was searching in ranked for well over 8 minutes and nothing. I tried the same with exhibition and lobbies. Nobody was there.

Same issues. I was trying to show my bro the online and I couldn’t find a match.

having same issue

Lobbies and invitations do work (to some extent) but rank is busted. Some people are thinking that the game is dead because of it. Something has to happen soon

It’s a bummer the game is having issues right now, but I think it’s hilarious that some people will call the game dead over it. They went from having tons and tons of matches every day for 4 years, to not being able to find a match one day out of the blue… every player from the game quitting at the same time is the absolute least likely logical explanation for that.

People just want to think/fear the worst most of the time, I guess.

5 Likes

As a Psychology Major In-progress, I find this to be accurate a lot of the time. People usually always think of the negative first.

This problem would be nullified if some kind of KI authority acknowledged issue on twitter or forum.

Not necessarily. Depending on what the reasoning behind it is or how it’s handled, saying something as opposed to nothing could exacerbate the situation.

Would be nice if someone talked about what was going on, but it’s new year’s day so you’ll probably have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest.

OK, this is getting serious. Matchmaking is busted for 3 days now. Is anyone gonna at least acknowledge the issue or are you going to strangle last sings of life from this game?

Still busted on Xbox one. A simple “We are aware of this issue” would be appreciated. I love this game and just want to keep playing. I hope this is fixed before people people give up trying.

1 Like

Iron Galaxy has acknowledged the issue on Twitter. They say there’s nothing they can do on their end of things, but Microsoft is looking into it. Iron Galaxy’s Tweet on the issue

1 Like

I can only speculate, but it sounds like IG’s contract is up on the game.

What’s even more worrying about that comment is not only are they likely not working on KI3 anymore, but if they’re not able to help fix an issue like this there’s a good chance that they’re not currently working on a sequel either, which either means it’s not happening or another developer is going to be handling it.

This is why Microsoft has a bad reputation. Everything they touch falls apart. Hotmail, Windows 8, Xbox One announcement/launch fiasco, Windows 10 forced upgrades brouhaha, Killer Instinct.

At least there’s Street Fighter 5 and Injustice 2 still out there to play.

So we just gonna forget all the server maintenance that routinely sidelines SFV for days then? :thinking:

To everyone else: matchmaking is down and it sucks. I get it. But it’s seriously not the end of the world, or even KI. Go outside and hike or read a book or something. Come back in a week or two and keep it moving.

3 Likes

Lose the condescending attitude. It’s not warranted or necessary. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For everyone on this thread:

They know. Working on it as they speak.