Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Really liking that command mission X costume, I love that game.

No lol but my name is Jon though lmao

1 Like

Huge meltdown in the FGC for no reason. Thatā€™s so weird. I never would have expected thatā€¦

6 Likes

Oh I was talking about hawkeye.

I know right?

Official gameplay trailer

Ultron is, by far, the coolest char among the cast. Hope there are a lot newcomers as great as him

This video is interesting too

6 Likes

Game informer 50 interesting facts about the game:

The Basics

1. The currently confirmed playable characters are:

Marvel
ā€¢ Captain America
ā€¢ Captain Marvel
ā€¢ Hawkeye
ā€¢ The Hulk
ā€¢ Iron Man
ā€¢ Thor
ā€¢ Ultron

ā€¢ Rocket Raccoon

Capcom
ā€¢ Chun Li
ā€¢ Chris Redfield
ā€¢ Mega Man X
ā€¢ Morrigan Aensland
ā€¢ Ryu
ā€¢ Sigma
ā€¢ Strider Hiryu

1. The Avengers Tower serves as the heroesā€™ home base.

2. The game has arcade, story, mission, collection, and training modes.

3. The story mode serves as an introduction to the gameā€™s fighting system for newer players.

4. Mission mode teaches more nuanced game and character details.

5. You can unlock extras by playing through story and arcade mode, viewable in the collection mode and curated by Dr. Light and Tony Stark.

6. The gameā€™s cinematic story mode clocks in at around two hours.

7. The name of the stage in the trailer above is Xgard, a fusion of Asgard and Mega Man Xā€™s Abel City.

8. Characters have contextual lines in the character select screen depending on who theyā€™re partnered with, as well as before and after matches.

Controls

1. The control scheme moves away from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3ā€™s three-attacks-plus-launcher button layout and instead has four attack buttons (light and heavy punches and kicks), as well as one button apiece for swapping characters and Infinity Stones.

2. Each character has a universal launcher move, mapped to crouching heavy punch.

3. Each character also has a universal launcher combo: light punch, light kick, heavy kick, and crouching heavy punch.

4. You can perform an automatic combo by mashing the light punch button. This combo leads into a launcher, a few air attacks, and spikes the opponent back down.

5. Automatic combos deal the same damage as manual ones.

6. The maximum number of super meters each player can stock up has been lowered to four.

7. You can swap out characters at the start of a super, allowing you to have multiple supers on the screen at once.

8. You can swap characters more than once per combo.

9. Characters stick around for their last attack before leaving the screen, even if itā€™s a super.

10. You can break out of a combo by holding down the tag button, but it costs two meters to do so.

11. The build we played replaced several uppercut motions for special moves with two downward taps. Itā€™s not final yet, but the team likes the way it makes moves easier to perform.

12. As of this writing, only some characters use the simplified motion. Ryu, for example, still currently uses the signature uppercut motion for his Shoryuken, but that could change in the future.

13. There are no half-circles or charge motions for special moves or supers. Most special moves I performed in the demo were done with either quarter-circles or the downwards double-tap.

The Fighting

1. Each character has their own separate health bar, with characters not currently tagged in recovering a portion of their health (as in previous games).

2. ā€Happy Birthdaysā€ (when one character pulls off a combo on two characters at once) can still happen if you time your tag poorly.

3. Happy Birthdays do not, however, deal extra damage to the secondary character, as they did before.

4. Advancing Guard returns, and can now reflect projectiles, if timed correctly. This doesnā€™t work on beams like Iron Manā€™s Unibeam.

5. Most spikes at the end of aerial combos produce minor ground bounces, which means just about every character can do an off-the-ground attack by hitting a downed opponent with a crouching kick.

6. You can still combo after most throw moves, though this once again dials back the damage of the rest of the combo.

7. Capcom hopes to keep match length about the same as in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

8. One second in Infiniteā€™s match clock lasts as long as it did in Ultimate 3 (about two seconds).

9. Wavedashing (canceling a dash by crouching in order to move across the screen faster) is still possible, but according to Capcom, itā€™s more effective to let dashes play out.

Infinity Stones

1. Each Infinity Stone has its own bonus ability and super, which can be activated when a new meter is half-full for a short duration, or when itā€™s full for a longer duration.

2. The Infinity Stone meter is filled by getting hit or using your Infinity Stone ability.

3. The Power Stoneā€™s ability pushes characters to the other side of the screen and produces a wall bounce, while its super increases the damage and stun duration of every move.

4. During the Power Stoneā€™s super, opponents bounce much higher after certain attacks, allowing for new combos.

5. The Time Stoneā€™s ability lets you dash through projectiles and behind opponents, while its super speeds up every attackā€™s recovery time.

6. The Space Stoneā€™s ability pulls opponents close to you, while its super prevents enemies from moving outside a small, enclosed area. The former allows for setups with grabs and moves like Chrisā€™ landmine.

Character Specifics

1. Hulk has a new dash move, and can perform a wall jump similar to Chun-Liā€™s.

2. Morrigan has a new aerial special move that produces a blade below and in front of her.

3. When I asked whether Morrigan keeps her ability to fire barrages of Souls Fists as quickly as she could in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, I was told, ā€œNo, it wonā€™t be the same.ā€

4. Strider Hiryu has a new slash attack he can perform from his wall climb, which hits behind the opponent.

5. Captain America now has a second shield throw, which throws the shield above and in front of him before it boomerangs back around.

6. Captain America also has a new counter move using his shield. It has low and high variants which counter ground and air attacks, respectively.

7. Mega Man X has a super which has him don his capsule armor from Mega Max X for a short period of time.

8. Mega Man X also has a level-three super which features the Ultimate Armor from Mega Man X4, but it doesnā€™t stick around after the super.

9. Mega Man X can also launch an upwards fireball, which can pin down enemies coming in after their partner has been defeated or cover aerial approaches.

10. Ultron can fire off a beam similar to Iron Manā€™s Repulsor Blast from offscreen, form a ball of energy in front of him, and call in drones to drop in delayed barrages against opponents, which makes him the closest thing to a character with assist attacks in Infinite so far.

11. Chun-Li has a new super similar to her Shichisei Senkuu Kyaku super from the original Marvel Vs. Capcom and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.

12. Thor can now charge up his hammer and toss it across the screen. While charging, the hammer nullifies projectiles.

13. Iron Man has two new moves, the Repulsor Array and the Smart Mine, which help define his playstyle as a keepaway character. Before, according to Rosas, the character didnā€™t fit any one playstyle well

7 Likes

:astonished:

You mean Fighting Games still do this? But I thought it was just some ancient relic from days of yore that has no place in modern online FGs? Weā€™ve been LIED TO!!!

ā€¦a little over the top? :grin:

KI needs a full proper arcade mode

5 Likes

Now THOSE

are how you do supers.
Developers start studying NOW if Orchid ever gets an ultimate.

Looks like either

Ryu/Chun-Li

Capt. America and Capt. Marvel (TEAM CAP FTW :smile: )

For me as teams.

1 Like

A spanish web mentions Dr. Strange and Spencer(Bionic commando) characters to be announced soon

Given that both were present in the previous game, Strange is pretty popular ATM, and Spencer was very popular back in MvC3 and was a favorite for Combofiend(who surely pushed it to come back), seems like a sure bet

1 Like

Oooh. Strange is one I actually started using recently. Good to know.

1 Like

ā€¦ I wonder if he will have a Hydra skin in this game. Marvel seems to push that forward latelyā€¦

2 Likes

I would imagine so, he had a Bucky and Punisher skin in UMvC3 so I wouldnā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t tag in the Hydra skin to reference Captain America: Steve Rogers issue #11. I mean, its gained a great amount of recognition since the entire redirection of his story arch.

Phoenix Wright or riot :frowning:

1 Like

This game looks TRASHā€¦needs more foot-dive!

2 Likes

Thought I would take a moment and help spread awareness of this new trailer. Thereā€™s a lot of information being thrown out in it, including a September 19th release date.

Max also has a reaction video on his channel, but Iā€™ll let anyone interested dig it up themselves.

7 Likes

4 Likes