Mandrill's Art book! (Updated with the roster)

I’m noticing a running theme and it is kinda picky but it comes from being a nurse. Average height is 6foot 4inch and 174 LBS. It’s the distribution, that height and weight would have your guy looking thing and emaciated. Pretty much everyone I’ve ever seen who’s 6 foot anything would be 200 some odd pounds and look healthy or buff/beefy

Wait who are we talking about?

I did use a weight calculator which now that I think about it was not that accurate :confused:

I noticed a handful of em, I can’t remember all of them but it was the first 2. And I would recommend caution using those BMI calculators, I doubt their accuracy. In my case to be in Navy standards I had to be 22 percent BMI or less. I was a 5’ 10" man at 210-215 lbs. With a neck of 16" or more and a waist of 38" or less is within standard. By contrast when I’d weigh in a patient whose 6’3" and 180 lbs my medical program would calculate the BMI as 25 percent which is total bull crap, and most web based calculators were guilty of the same thing. BMI calculators also won’t take into account muscle build. Since both fat and muscle will change the numbers of the “rope and choke” BMI numbers will show your fat either way.
But I’m assuming you want these guys to look big and buff, the height and weight doesn’t say that, it makes them sound skinny and starved.

Very nice indeed!

Just a teensy pinch of constructive criticism however, some of the costumes, in particular the female ones, could use a little pinch more detail here and there, just to add a little interest and make them stand out a little in comparison to all the freaks (for lack of a nicer word!) you have in the roster, otherwise, top stuff!

This sentence however, actually caught my eye!

In the book their is a rebellion going on, a couple a characters are pretty beefy, but starved is good way to describe them Since they have to steal and scavenge whatever they can whether it be food or weapons.

But I’ll try to rectify when I can ,to be a bit more scientifically accurate, or at least as much as I can in this fantasy book.

I’ll see what we can do. Color would help but I don’t have much time or energy for that ATM.

But I’m open to suggestions. :slight_smile:

Donovan, Galen, Brokos, and hound. They sound too tall and skinny. They need to weigh more.
Brokos is not that bad at 211lbs but because he is also 6’11" that makes him the low end of healthy.

1 Like

I got you. I’ll try to to fix this when I get a chance. :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Roger that brotha. Get some rest, I’m bout to take my nursing finals. I’m a bit under stress myself

1 Like

Good luck! Knock’ em dead!

1 Like

Thanks dude.

For those wondering about the songs, here is the list in order:

Engage the enemy- Xenoblade Chronicles

Locke’s theme- Final Fantasy 6

Turks’ theme- Final Fantasy 7

Gerudo Valley- Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time

Mt. Horn- Pokemon Mystery dungeon Explorers of time and Darkness

Mog’s theme- Final Fantasy 6

The Watchmen of the gods- Killer instinct season

Dog’s theme- Kid icarus Uprising

Main theme- Gears of War 4

Thwomp Volcano- Mario Luigi Partners in time

Dusk forest- Pokemon Mystery dungeon Explorers of time and Darkness

Vast Poni Canyon- Pokemon Sun and Moon

Preparing for Action- Okamiden

A Shattered Eyedol- Killer Instinct

#The roster is not final :stuck_out_tongue:

Posting something later today.

1 Like

Oof Forgot to post it

Here is Galen’s backstory!

@Dayv0 @Fwufikins @MasterStone1994 @NitricZenith @GeneralScrebor @KevBones10 @AquariusDragon0

2 Likes

A work in progress!

But it’s the cover of my book so far!

@Dayv0 @NitricZenith @NitricZenith @GeneralScrebor @KIFANATIC8488 @KevBones10 @AquariusDragon0 @Fwufikins @lewisthewizard @BblackorchidD @oTigerSpirit

Bonus:

Can you guess the characters who are not finished?

Let me know!

12 Likes

The characters (4of em) in the top left and right corners

1 Like

I love covers like that can’t wait to see the finished version.

1 Like

lol I meant the names of the characters :stuck_out_tongue:

Me too man.

2 Likes

Sorry bout that, I couldn’t think of the names. Didn’t get to bed until 2am and been up since 4am blowing it up from both ends

1 Like

I understand.

Don’t worry about it.

Guess what’s done! :wink:

My Official Cover of Volume 1.

Now I just need to put the name and color it maybe.

@Dayv0 @Fwufikins @lewisthewizard @GeneralScrebor @NitricZenith @TheNinjaOstrich @KevBones10 @WandaMaximoff @oTigerSpirit @AquariusDragon0

13 Likes