Making up silly unwritten rules

Funny thing is sometimes, they consider some tactics cheap, but they’re also doing “cheap” tactics themselves and they refuse to realize it when I bring it up. Like someone will tell me “the spam is real!” since I’ll be using the same move over and over (if it works, then why not) and they’re not too smart to avoid or block it or counter, I’ll tell them something like “you back up too much” as implying “how about u come to me Insfead of me always coming to you” they’ll make up some stupid reason that’s legit to them like “no, it’s called recovering” but then still disagree with my reasoning about my own “spam.”

1 Like

You can quote multiple people in one post.

Also, if you expect your opponent to sit through the ultra, I dunno what to tell you. You’re wasting their time, and on PC it’s typically faster to find a new match by exiting out, re-launching the game, and starting a new search.

2 Likes

The majority of the top players don’t do random online matches anymore. Most of the people playing online have no fundamentals or experience with fgs.

I beat a decent fulgore player in a set and he said I only won because I use a “cheap broken” character, Kan Ra. I had to work super hard and its a bad matchup, but this wiseguy couldn’t even understand this fact. Oh, and with a glitched button created by the last patch 2 and a half months ago

1 Like

Well the point is, Ultra is part of the game, so people shouldn’t think that way . Btw, I do short ultras on a lot of people, and yes they do sit through it, so yes, I do expect the loser to sit through an ultra. Glacius ultra is short, without shadow moves and Instinct. I see it as wasting my time, I put effort in a whole match, dedicating my precious time to them to spend time with them and fight, and they’re just going to waste both of our times by just quitting after I did all those moves to beat them. If someone decides to ultra me I’ll sit through it, I lost, they won. They deserve to do an ultra. Its the same as being locked out from combo breaking, can’t do anything back unless the combo break lock is off, should people quit when they are combo locked out too since they can’t do anything back for a short while? One ultra isn’t that very long. If people hate ultras, which have been a part of the game since the 90s, then they should complain to the developers to remove it.

I agree. I find them useful to be honest. If you can extend and do really long ones, it’s momentum you’re taking away from your opponent, plus it has the psychological effect of demoralizing. So there is a use for them.

I just had a multi-star Maya give up and do nothing an entire match because I beat him the first match. I apparently jump too much. :confused:

I hate it when people do that. Just RQ and be done with it.

I once fought a guy and sweeped him to death. I just did sweep, wait for him to wake up, sweep, wait for him to wake up, sweep, etc. He called me cheap for not letting him stand up. Like, just block dude.

2 Likes

lol I do that too! I’m assuming the player was still new to the game?

Someone in exhibition told me that the only reason Maya is good and the only reason I was winning was because of the daggers😑. I couldn’t tell if he was serious or not but it made for a great laugh.

3 Likes

Exactly lol but I honestly don’t think this person was a serious player or maybe just a beginner because it’s not often people call you a cheater and threaten to report you for using a projectile plus he was using a character that should beat Mira in a zoning battle anyday of the week.