Mad Max: Fury Road

@R1stormrider

That car didn’t see any action in Thunderdome either. It’s a cool car, but it hasn’t been effectively used in a while…

If the gods will it, we’ll get another mad max movie and hopefully Tom hardy gets behind the wheel on it more in the next one. the beautiful thing about these movies is they’re like individual stories.

While the interceptor was destroyed in fury road and road warrior, doesn’t mean it’s gone for good! This car is probably one of the root causes that caused me to become a tuner/gearhead. I was a 4 year old kid seeing it for the first time and I was star crossed. “I want one!” Lol

Supposedly they have at least two more movies written, and Tom Hardy (possibly Charlize Theron too) has already signed on for a total of 4 movies.

I think it’s safe to say we’re getting more.

It depends on how much the DVD Blu Ray makes, in the box office it did decent, but who knows because it’s up to WB. I think it’s likely too because this movie is already cult classic the second it opened

Did any of you pick up the Mad Max game? I read some good reviews, and while I had initially assumed it was going to be another awful movie tie in, it sounds like the plot is separate from the movie, and the game is well done. I’m considering picking it up on Friday myself.

yup picked it up yesterday, its fun lol. FPS rates do drop here and there though, maybe it’ll get patched later or something. so far chasing convoys has been pretty intense since my car isnt fully equipped yet so i gotta try real hard to win against superior vehicles. the devs were so kind to let you choose the V8 interceptor body for your magnum opus! YESSSSSS

Would you say the vehicle combat aspects are pretty solid?

Is the on-foot gunplay at least as well-done as GTAV?

the on foot stuff so far has only been me beating everybody up with shivs and my fists. i save my zip gun shotty (dont have a double barrel yet) for the car stuff.

car combat is great and its tons of fun, now you are gonna take issue with the controls at first. its weird cuz the car will feel wobbly with some slight input delay. i dont know if its cuz of my TV which is a samsung curve LED or its the game.

likely the game cuz KI doesnt delay inputs and neither does MGS 5. however, i found that since it plays that way, its favorable in combat for when you need to aim your harpoon at components on your target vehicle. basically your car will drive straight on its own. just tap on the stick to turn, dont go nuts on it or you’ll swerve like a drunk. the combat itself is a spectacle with lots of fucked up ■■■■ happening lol

I purchased it on iTunes and have watched it at least 3 times since. Fav scene has to be the Sandstorm.

WITNESS!!!

I watched it for the third time (twice in the theater, last night on Blu Ray) and I found that the “Chrome Valhalla” mythology gets more intriguing the more I absorb small details and subtleties from throughout the movie, and that the scene where they meet up with the Many-Mothers is incredibly moving, even when you already know what happens.

this movie boils my blood

i know how much almost everybody here loves this movie, so i found a beautiful gem this morning. the whole thing edited as a black and white movie with only sound effects and musical score. no dialogue. enjoy!

https://blackandchrome.wordpress.com/