Looking for "Shadow Lab" friends [Shadow Lords Update]

Thanks man, i’m working on him. He still does some really dumb stuff. I suppose it’s my fault for recording every match from when I started playing Shago.
You made me realise I have no idea how to fight Aria, so going to get some cpu Aria matches in to see if it helps.
Nice Aria by the way.

Thanks, @BKDcoffeedad for challenging my shadow a lot today. Like your Hisako a lot too!

Enjoyed fighting your shadows dude, good stuff.

Your Omen is hard to open up man. Lol! Fun games though!

Here are the links to my best of 3 series with your Omen Shadow: Jago vs. Omen…

Match 1

Match 2

Match 3

1 Like

Ha ha ha! That was great! Thanks!

My shadow does some of the stupidest stuff that i would never do…but then it does things that are awesome and I wish I would do!

Crazy! I think my Shadow is actually better than I am! LOL

I hit all my bounties so Ill catch up to you this evening.

Feel free to add me as well - I need more people to fight my Thunder shadow!

I’m planning to play some Shadow Lab fights tonight.

I fought your Thunder last night…I think it beat me! Lol! Thunder / TJ is a tough match!

I’ll make sure to fight you back. Thunder is the character I know the best, but eventually I plan to learn another character well enough to make a Shadow out of it.

Do you remember how he was fighting? Long/damaging combos? COTE? or maybe lots of footsies/counter hits? At the start of the Shadow update somebody mentioned that my Shadow was big into the normal/counterhit game, but I’ve been trying to teach it to go for combos and COTE setups more.

Lots of footsie battles in those 3 matches… for real…that was fun to watch!

I’ve got to learn the Omen match up better. I don’t know how to deal with his fireball game, I’ve got to learn his ADs, and I just generally have to learn how to approach him more confidently. Your Shadow AA’d me like 6 times with standing heavy kick, and I don’t think I AA’d him once! But yeah, lots of footsies, lots of patience. I’ve got to overall tighten up my execution too, Lol!

1 Like

Later tonight I’ll post the set here. From what I remember though, lots of pressure on wakeup and lots of short combos. I played like 3 Thunder’s last night so forgive me if my memories are crossed, but I think yours was one that didn’t jump in all that much too, and also used his DP to great affect. Overall I was resorting to YOLO stuff to much to try and open him up, and it didn’t go so well. Lol!

LOl…thats my secret move… anyone jumps…bam! standing HVY kick!!! works great…even if they dont jump as a “keep you distance tool”…

Ive fought like 200 matches against Jago shadows for Stan the Man and Ninja Ostrich…so my Omen is really good at the Jago match up. If i could get him to stop dropping combos and just standing there like its on easy difficulty he would be so much better.

I dont know why he does that sometimes… he just drops what he is doing and neutral stands without blocking…weird

@UncappedWheel82, @BoJima404 and everyone else, good fighting your shadows. It’s a good mode to get me used to playing the game.

I’ve had the game for a year and didn’t play it 0_o! just actually started to sit down and attempt to learn it about 3 weeks ago. It’s a good game! Wish I would have started 2 years ago when it came out lol.

I want to get all of the achievements :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat. Got the game a year and a half ago, let it sit for 2-3 months, played it for like a month and got to killer status (while still not really understanding the game), and then put it down again. Now I’m picking it up and really digging into the Shadows mode, and this is maybe the most fun I’ve had with it. Normal Ranked and Exhibition is cool, but it depends to much on net connection, which in my house can be suspect with all the devices and whatnot.

And your Hisako Shadow is getting pretty good! I really like the Jago / Hisako matchup as it can be pretty footsie based, but she is so scary with that counter. I learned a lot last night and had a bunch of fun playing with Jago…even though I really just wanted to work on TJ, lol!

Having fun fighting everyone’s shadow I’ve had some pretty tough matches against you all. For sure helping me improve my game.

Your TJ is giving me all sorts of trouble, lol. Never easy.

I also owned KI since the start of S2 but didn’t start playing regularly until Omen came out. Abd didn’t find my character until Aria…

It was for @UncappedWheel82 but lately its been happening with yours and @Quancro’s too.
The ones I could challenge, all solid shadows. thank you for constantly challenging mine :smile:

2 Likes

Just saw your wall to wall juggle for that geoff contest. Just one word: nice.

Thanks man. It’s simple and really easy to break, but 74% off a throw is pretty insane.
You can get very similar juggles off surge DP and surge slide too for good damage. Vids on Youtube -

My shadow will occasionally attempt to do these, :smile:

Yes, I am 100% sure this will happen :smile: