Lion King 2019 Teaser Trailer

I know it had dropped a few days ago, but still, everyone should prepare themselves for this. 2019 is just around the corner.

1 Like

I’ll give it a chance. I don’t expect it to have so much in common with the classic which will always have a place in my heart.

1 Like

The original Lion King will always be one of my most favorite movies. During this time my Uncle was good friends with Tony Brancroft (creator of Pumbaa), and my Aunt worked with Disney and was head of movie distribution, so I got all sorts of LK goodies. When LK was released my grandparents took my brother and myself to LA to see a special screening and I can say, it was one of the greatest times of my life.

Emotionally, LK is also special because it was the year my dad left, and I never saw him again. Even though he was not a good man, losing a father still hit hard, even though I knew it was for the best.

Since then, I’ve seen the stage production (its actually better than the movie) twice (once in NYC on Broadway).

I’m really excited about LK re imagining, but I’m also on the fence about a few things.

I really like the cast, but I wish that they would have gone with an all black cast, versus throwing in a couple of odd ball white guys. If they want to make it authentic and photo realistic, I would like them to be using traditional African accents and such. (I’m nitpicking of course). Also not a fan of having Beyonce voicing Nala. I would have much rather had Lupita Nyango, but then again I love Lupita. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll tell you something right not about The Lion King when I first saw it.

I was only a kid at school and my whole class was going to see the movie, seeing the opening section with the sun rising and the music in a cinema was an incredible feeling. It really touched all of us in a really strange way, when Scar lets Mufasa fall to his death I heard some kids cry out “Nooooo!”

Kids cried, they laughed and I can’t describe the cheers when Simba decides he has to go back the kids went mental. I lost it when Rafiki did the “Bruce Lee” section since at that point I’d been watching his films and was a huge fan.

I have high hopes that this remake will capture that feeling when I go see it

1 Like

Scar is ironically my favorite character in the movie. I always had this interest in the villains of Disney. Scar, Jafar, and Hades are three of my favorites.

But I always felt he was very despicable and vile. Not only did he murder his own brother an act that I consider to be one of the worst acts of murder, but he even manipulated his own nephew into thinking it was his fault.

Especially since I’m a brother of three (2 bros 1 sister) and an uncle of 6. (3 from my older brother and 3 from my sister)

As for this film I’m expecting some changes but I will give this one a chance. Same for the Aladdin movie coming out

Seems weird that they keep remaking their old movies in their new style. Also, I heard one of the songs will be removed because of the imagery used in the original animated movie. If they’re going to all these lengths to remake it, they could have kept the song and just change the animations.

But whatever, I’m heavily biased towards 2D animation so I might pass on this one regardless. Hopefully it’s better than the other remakes at least.

1 Like

you know the funny thing is its odd how this would offend some people because when the villain is the one doing that sort of imagery. But yes they could change it I doubt some would complain if they change it.