Let's talk Music; Calling All Musicians!

Slightly offtopic, but I played Rock Band 4 last night after not having played for about five years or so - it felt like my ■■■■■■ left arm was going to snap off at the elbow. I can still play Expert guitar, but it’s going to take a lot of practice to be as good or as comfortable with it as I was.

2 Likes

Im necroin’ this thread becasue Id like to see it get some activity again…I almost created a new thread but I used the search bar first to ensure IM not duping a topic.

So this week Ive been working on my Alesis DM10 Electronic drum kit to add 3 choke-able cymbals into my set up. The DM10 only allows 1 choke-able crash cymbal in its internal system. But if you have an Alesis Trigger IO midi module you can add up to 21 more inputs and 10 of them can be made into choke-able Piezo/switch midi notes.

I finally got it to work as its super complicated with mute groups and the Trigger IO has an odd interface that is basically just a 2 character screen with codes that you have to learn to know what the hell they are. lol

SO lets see some pics of you guys instruments! Im going to post some pics here later today.
Show me what you got!!!

I played piano for like 5 years. I haven’t played for a while the only thing I remember is Luigi’s Mansion theme. My keyboard is pretty bad tho. Something called a Privia Casio PX-110. Idk it’s just the words on the keyboard.

My parents said I was really good and I knew how to move my hands pretty quick, but I stopped like three years ago. Idk i play here and there but never have taken much time to practice it. Never liked it to be honest was just kinda forced to do it.

I LOVE music, but I don’t have the skill nor persistence to continue learning it. Frustrates me way too much.

I really wanna try the harmonica sometime though. Could be really useful when your bored in a trip.

Id say stick with it man, once you get into your early 20s being able to play an instrument come sin handy for meeting girls, playing in a band, really having some fun in life! If you can play games so well you can translate that to the keyboard easily.

1 Like

Fall of Seraphs show…Playing my Schector “Damien” at the Tsunami here in West Monroe LA
Image may contain: one or more people
My Dean Dave Mustaine Rust inPeace and Jackson King V Dave Mustaine Model
Image may contain: guitar and indoor
My very rare Jackson Dinky 7 string. You don’t see this guitar around…ever! Its the only one Ive ever seen to be honest.
No automatic alt text available.
My favorite guitar, the Schector Damien… this is the guitar I recorded the Fall of Seraphs album with and used in Cancerwhores album and tour. Great guitar!
First Fall of Seraphs show? I cant remember but it was a killer show!

1969 Fender Strat! Its worth near 20 grand!
Image may contain: one or more people, people playing musical instruments, people on stage and guitar
Playing Reno’s Chop Shop in Dallas TX during the Quater the Who-re tour! Fun and tough times on the road!

Opening for Goatwhore in SHreveport LA
The end of the tour in Orlando FL! 18 hour drive straight home after this pic…ughhh it sucked assss! lol
Recording drum tracks at our practice room for the Fall of Seraphs album.
Mercurial band photo 2000? Im on the far left.
My drum set 2 days ago… just after nailing my first attempt at “Dimmu Borgir” by DImmu Borgir from their album “Abrahadabra.” Ive been working hard on them drums! lol
Image may contain: indoor

3 Likes

How’d you get hold of that ‘69 Strat?

lol… my dad is a big guitarist and his band was really popular in the late 60s ealry 70s in Pasadena CA. He was right there in the middle of Hollywood along side the doors, beach boys, van halen, ect…

That’s his guitar that he bought right there in 1969 Los Angeles CA. Its also the guitar that I learned on and played all the way up till I was 19 years old before I made enough money to buy my first guitar…a Jackson Randy Rhoads USA 1. Which I didnt have a picture handy to post on here but Ill get one up soon.

1 Like