Knockdown question

Alright so about knockdowns (hard and soft). I am a little uncertain about them. In the frame data there’s advantage and disadvantage. I’ll use ARIA as an example

ARIA’s dissonance ender (battery ender) has supposedly 68 frames of advantage. Now…when does that 68 frames take place? When ARIA is able to move again or when the opponent hits the ground? And are all the advantages based off non quick rises?

The advantage is based off when aria is able to move again. Since this game runs at 60 fps. That means aria has over 1 second of advantage when she does her battery Ender. I know it seems like a lot but it’s not if you don’t have follow up after the move.

That’s not what I asked. I asked. Is Knockdown time (the frame advantage in the frame data) starting as soon as ARIA can move or when the opponent hits the ground?

And how many frames is a quick rise?

I answered the first question. I don’t know the second one. Tag infilament.

1 Like

Advantage is how many frames you can act before your opponent so when Aria can move.
AFAIK quick rise is 40 frames faster.

1 Like

@Infilament I summon you.

The advantage is measured after Aria gets to move again, not when the opponent hits the ground.

I don’t know how much faster quick rises are.

It seems the frames are measured assuming the opponent does not quick rise, but it also looks to be different depending on the level of ender. I don’t know how easily you can trust the frame data number for all ender levels.

2 Likes

Hmmmmmm…that’s a problem. So even though it says +68 for all lvl enders…it doesn’t say whether or not it’s on a soft or HKD…plus errors in itself. Great…wonderful. Well that just increased my practice time by 200%…

You can test it just by doing the battery ender and then holding up. In Aria meter ender’s case, you can see that their opponent gets off the ground when Aria is almost done with her second jump. Assuming jumps are about 40-45 frames, this means that she’s like +70 or something-ish here.

If you set the opponent to quick stand, they quick rise before Aria can finish her first jump, so she’s about +35-40 ish.

Try it for the different ender levels and see. I just did all 4 levels of battery ender with quick stand off, and it seems like they do rise at about the same time. No idea if it’s perfect to the frame though.

I won’t be able to gauge good enough through jumping. I need finer details then that. Would be nice if IG fixed the typos.

Thing is too, after a battery ender I can body switch without punishment from rash’s tongue midscreen. But the body switch takes 71 frames of startup and I came to the conclusion that body switching has a total of 89-90 frames…so how is it that rash can quick rise and reversal tongue but I can block it in time if there’s so much recovery on body switching?

In my testing, you can’t do this. If I do level 1 battery ender, switch bodies and then try to block, Rash can quick rise and use tongue to hit me.

I was blocking it all midscreen. I mean the last hit is same throughout all the enders just more hits are added beforehand and the camera angles are different.

<shrug> I just tested it and Rash can hit Aria no problem. So one of us is testing it wrong, lol. Maybe it’s me, I dunno.

Back to the drawing board…

Ok so WTF what is the frame advantage based off then? a lvl 4 no quick rise or what?

Also regarding flipouts…when a character is flipped out…do they transition into their jump frames? Because I’m noticing someone like jago and glaicus is huge. Glacius has massive air time compared to jago.

Another thing. I thought throws do unscaled dmg in combos? What gives?

Yeah the flip out speed is totally different for characters. If I try to grab people after flipping them out with Rash I just hit grab as soon as I land and they fall into it, but if I fight one of the floaty characters I have to wait forever before doing the grab.