Kim Wu: Air or Grounded?

Hi guys! I just had a theory that I’d like to discuss with you guys. I was playing KI2 the other night (Practicing Kim Wu), when I realized Kim has two different fireballs in the air, and a Split kick that launches the person in the air. Do you guys think that Kim will make the transition to an Air character,(NOT like Sadira,Think like Shadow Jago with Recaptures, some Oki FIYAH action maybe) or stay more grounded using her other moves?

Discuss!

1 Like

Why not a mixture of both instead? How about a mixture of both movesets rather? :wink:

2 Likes

Ok. I understand, but like how? More like grounded with some fireball juggles into recapture or something like that? (Just picking at your brain. :smile:)

1 Like

As an aerial balanced/aerial balanced-typed character for Kim Wu’s potential character archetype overall :grin: :wink:

1 Like

I’ve held the theory that Kimmy will be like a combination of Jago and Orchid, though thinking about it I might also add a bit of Sadira in there.
-The balanced style of Jago, reflecting her martial artist origin.
-The rushdown heavy tenacity of Orchid, showcasing her youthful, fiery spirit.
-The acrobatic aerial flair of Sadira, allowing for airborne shenanigans and lots of juggles, as she’s the embodiment of the dragon spirit.
-Bonus: She keeps her air/high fireball from KI2, giving her an option to foil Shago’s air fireballs. However, since they’re high, perhaps a crouching or sliding opponent can avoid them… Only to leave them vulnerable to jump ins and overheads

4 Likes

Both I’m Greedy :slight_smile:

1 Like

She’ll fit in with Cinder and Sadira for aerial potential. Not quite as airborne as Sadira, not quite as mobile as Cinder, a more offensive mix between that can aerial juggle.

I imagine she’ll have a reverse Mantis-type move (upward instead of down).

1 Like

Or a DRAGON-type move in Kim Wu’s case :wink:

1 Like

Do any of you guys and girls think Kim’s split kick might be her recapture, if she ever has one?

1 Like

As an AERIAL version of her split kick/as an AERIAL split kick, perhaps so and by any chance :wink:

Why should we be assuming and creating theories of how she is when a Dev could be explaining her moveset

In a perfect iteration Kim would have her air fireballs because that’s what made her different from the other Rushdown characters in the FIRST place

She is one character who needed no updates or changes.

Split kick
air fireball
nunchuck / spin kick shadow moves
uppercut ultra

Only change needed is her model design

1 Like

Because we won’t get any info at all, until they say. Which could be whenever. We don’t know and they won’t tell us due to possible backlash with the community and other things. So until then, we theorize her.

2 Likes

I know that, we all know that.
some things are redundant

1 Like