Killgore costs more on xbox one than pc

Yes, because money going to a tournament-centered community fund is directly benefiting the mustache-twirling overlords at Microsoft’s highest echelons.

It’s your right to complain because this doesn’t seem worth it, but keep the complaints realistic, if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

Well said…there are some real Asshats out their in “the scene”…but there are a lot of cool dudes as well. Most of the cool ones are forum members and all the Aholes are not. They like to congregate on the Facebook page.

I think there are a few that appreciate it and I think there are many that dont even know, Understand or even care.
Im buying Killgore because I love KI and I want everything I can get that’s available to have for the game.

4 Likes

I just spent 20 dollars on a fighting game I sort of like but has rediculous high prices for their DLC (SFV), so I can live with paying 5 dollars extra for a KI character. BUT I rather wish that 5 dollars goes to developers rather than tournaments I cannot enter and players I absolutely dislike.

4 Likes

This is kind of where I am. It’s not the money, per se. I have spent lots of money on games I play less than KI. But “the scene” is asking the playerbase to fund tournaments as if it was self evident why we should want tournaments. And I never get much of an answer as to why I should care other than “I like tournaments and you should too,” or “tournaments keep the game alive.”

I dont recall hearing a single tournament player who placed in a supported tournament thanking the folks who gave to the community fund, or seeing any tweets about it. I remember the devs tweeting over the moon when we met and exceeded the goals for funding but from the “scene?” Nothing that I recall. I don’t expect the KI Cup finalists to each write me a letter but most of those guys have been completely destructive about the game for the last year.

Grumble…

2 Likes

$10 is way too much for a single character. Why Microsoft thinks every KI fan cares about this Pro Tour is beyond me. I only care about playing against the AI, or friends and nothing more. I’m not about to pay $5 extra to support something I don’t care about. I bought all 3 $40 seasons released so far, now to have an extra $10 character released is a slap in the face. If this is the direction Microsoft wants to take the game, then they can expect a lot of fans to stop supporting it completely.

And BigBadAndy, I’m not sure how many of these pro players have thanked their supporters, but based off my experience with Pro gamers in general, they are some of the biggest, elitist jerks I’ve ever come in contact with.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with you guys, at least throw in 5 dollars worth of KI Gold with Kilgore.
I will support the game but I am not into the tournament scene. I rather play the game than watch some egomaniac play it and get full of himself :smiley:

Maybe if he were more unique instead of straight up lifting Fullgore animations I’d consider it. The fact that I can’t use KI Gold still makes me upset so I’ll just pass. I like his white color though. Will wait for the other characters before I make my choice.

I paid for Shago but I was under impression he was buy now before you can’t buy him ever again. I’ll give this guy a miss, too pricey for players who don’t give a ■■■■.

Worried about pricing of other 2 now.

Just wait till a price drop, its bound to happen when everyone realizes whats happening here.

Yet $10 is easy to make. Hit me up when the next character gets a $39.99 price tag.

Easy to make is irrelevant, its too much.

Ten dollars isn’t too much. PM me when the next character is valued at the price of your Xbox One, then talk overpriced.

All I’m going to say is this: If you can afford to even make $10 then you shouldn’t utter word about anything being overpriced.

I’m just saying.

I can make 10 dollars easily, it has nothing to do with making it and everything to do with the fact he is double the price of almost the entire other roster characters. Not sure why its so hard for some people to grasp that.

@BigBadAndy and @Phantasystar77 , well put. Wall of text inbound…

I’m all for this game and have supported it every season plus Shadow Jago, so I have a significant investment of money AND time but have no regrets because it’s my favorite fighting game by far. HOWEVER, I don’t agree with this tactic of only offering a new character while forcing a contribution to a fund you may not want to contribute to.

Shadow Jago was completely different in that he was not going to be a character until a sales goal was met, but even if he didn’t end up being one at least we were compensated with a skin (for those that weren’t Day 1), a stage (if I remember correctly) and in-game currency. How fast and how much that got completely funded was a testament to the dedicated fans that truly love this game.

So this new pricing model for an already-developed character begs the question: Will all future character and/or content releases be done the same way, with unwanted extras i.e. to get the thing you really want you have to also pay for this other thing you don’t want?

ULTIMATEly (Ha!) I wonder who benefits most from the “Community Fund.” Does it only go into tournament prize pools and straight into the pockets of the winners? Does it help fund MORE tournaments or expand existing ones? @Infilament Tweeted that he doesn’t think KI will be at Evo so could it fund a lobby effort?

If the Fund is for tournaments only, and goes to tournament players, what does the “filthy casual” get out of it? And why are these players (myself included) being asked to pay for this?

I look at video game tournaments as the equivalent to a car shop going racing; they spend WAY more than they’d ever win but the goal is exposure and advertising to hopefully get more customers to pay for all that and then some. But in that scenario the business pays for the racing/advertising up front, not the customer.

In this particular case I think it should’ve been left to the player to decide if they want to contribute or not. All due respect to the tournament players; you guys are amazing and I thoroughly enjoy watching top-level KI.

1 Like

So because $10 is so easy to make its fine to overcharge? Let me know next time you’re in town, I have a few $10 sticks of gum I’d like to sell ya.

2 Likes

$10 isnt too much but that doesnt justify that i ll spend it in something that should cost less.
So much time on this post and you stilll dont get that people isnt really complaning about the $10, people is complaining about the fact that we gave suport to the game so far and we get this dirty deal in exchange.If i dont want to pay for a “fund” i shouldnt and thats it, i could suport KI just buying the character.
By the way, whats up with the Xbox One comparison? I dont get it, using that logic i shouldnt buy anything in this world because there are lots of things that i didnt buy because they were overpriced. I payed more for a xbox one because it had a fair price in comparision with what offer the console, i cant say the same about Kilgore.

Hm, if you lot are going to turn every thread into the “Kilgore isn’t worth $10” thread, then maybe I can post the post that I wrote for the actual “Kilgore isn’t worth $10” thread that got closed after all.

I don’t mind giving money to the community fund. A lot of folks wanted another fund after all and once again the devs showed that they listen. I just wish we would also get $5 worth of KI Gold in return. You know, a little compensation like they did with Shago. And let’s be honest, giving away KI Gold for free won’t hurt them all that much.

I’m not happy to see that I have to pay money to play Killgore.
This is a punch in the nuts to everyone that pay for the “ultimate edition” and the retail “definitive edition”.
And not everyone cares about “tournament” or everything else.
It’s really a shame for me.

That was pretty obvious though. It was just a question of how much we need to pay. All the bundles were totally honest with the content you’re getting. In case of the DE that’s 26 characters. Kilgore’s #27 so of course he’s not included. Would it have been cool to get him as a free bonus? Totally! But nobody should have expected that in the first place.