Killer Synergy Team Brawl #1 (Now Finished)

Hey the Challonge page now says 4pm. Is this still starting at 2:00 EDT?

Anyway you can add the users to the team, so that we know who belongs to who?

I could add names to the teams but then itā€™d look really messy.When all the teams are in I will put them in the thread if you want.Otherwise you can just look through it to see who is who

I can understand that would make it messy but not knowing who is on what team, I canā€™t research my opponents. However that may be a good thing for the same reason final grades are hidden until after all finals are done. If I know before hand that I was going up against a bunch of killer teir players I may spook myself into a lack luster performance.

Theyā€™re all Killers. Myself and Nitric aside, Iā€™m pretty sure everyone in this thread is a Killer. That donā€™t mean nothinā€™. Theyā€™re all mere scrubs awaiting your supreme annihilation.

#MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nitric actually got her killer teir, and yikesā€¦ Starts shaking in my gold teir boots. Better put on my combat boots instead, I havenā€™t used em since the GWAT campaign they should still be good.

3 Likes

Ohsnap, congrats @NitricZenith! I knew you had ze juice!

1 Like

Honestly I donā€™t know why she grades herself so harshly, it is indeed a well earned rank.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch!

Well, stubbornness it seems can get you somewhereā€¦

But this is exactly it, it feels like Iā€™ve had to pour in so much of myself to get here, and I still have to work so hard to do well, hard earned by the skin of my teeth, Iā€™d say. Iā€™d like to feel good about it, but then I get repeatedly curb stomped by the real Killers and start to question how I ever ended up in this rank. :sweat_smile:

Also, 4pm EDT? If this goes on from 9pm my time and lasts hours, I donā€™t know if I can do eet. @ZTRAINOVER9000

1 Like

That is just it. We pour ourselves into these characters, they almost become a representation and or extension of our own screwed up heads, hence why I main Riptor. I actually find myself mad at other riptor players like Iā€™m a jealous ex girlfriend, is very strange, I donā€™t understand, and why tea bagging really triggers me. If anyone has seen the matrix you can almost look at these characters as a residual self image. I think Iā€™m making way too much out of this now.

Yeah, donā€™t think too deep into it, I know we come to connect to who we play and get to appreciate their qualities as a character, itā€™s one of the reasons Jagoā€™s stupid head shake taunt annoys me - I donā€™t feel itā€™s befitting of his noble monk archetype, but thatā€™s on the player, not the character, despite it being part of the game.

Anyway, on topic, if I could get any confirmation on the time for this tourney, that would be awesome. :grin:

Gold here too!

1 Like

Is EDT a new fancy timezone I havenā€™t heard of?:eyes: *Goes into the lab to research

9:00PM EDT? I think

It says 4PM EDT on the sign up/bracket link you posted. Itā€™s Eastern Daylight Time, it converts to 8pm for me (I think.)

1 Like

Oh ignore that just look at the time in the OP I guess I input the time incorrectly on the Challonge page

3 Likes

Neglected to update the times in the OP when I changed the start time.

@BigBadAndy @Dayv0 @NitricZenith @PVXenoraptor @PVT1AORyanBay @Zcythe

Tagging you guys as you said time was important

1 Like

Thanks @ZTRAINOVER9000. Just a couple of things. The tournament starts at 2:00 PM EDT. Right? The post here says that but the Challonge site has something different.

Second,
Can we agree that the teams will play in lobbies? This should make it easier to track but migjttske a bit longer than having two fights going on consecutively. What do you think?

Yeah I said a few posts above to just ignore the Challonge page that was a mistake on my part I just havenā€™t changed it. Teams will indeed fight in lobbies so everyone can see their teammates play

1 Like

I may only be able to play one round in the tournament on Saturday. I just scheduled my NCLEX for Tuesday morning so I will need study time. Do we have someone who can take my place with @NitricZenith so she wonā€™t have to fight alone?

Hmm, @ZTRAINOVER9000 if itā€™s more trouble to match me up with someone/switch out so late into proceedings, thatā€™s fine, life has been super busy as of late and Iā€™ve not been sinking much time at all into playing KI.

I tried playing last week while I was sick in ranked and it just upset me, haha. Iā€™ve not had time to delve into Mayaā€™s changes yet and havenā€™t felt like playing online this past week, so if I canā€™t find a ā€œspareā€ team member, I donā€™t mind gracefully bowing out so someone else can have a shot instead. I was only in this for the giggles, I never had a shot at winning, itā€™s a shame as it could have been a laugh, but itā€™s ok if it doesnā€™t happen. :slight_smile:

1 Like