Killer rank dropped to gold?

Pretty bummed… Got Killer Dec 2nd after the reset and now back to gold… I really don’t feel like grinding that out again… Le SIgh… Broken game over and over, you should be able to set a tag you’ve earned in the past regardless of your current rank. That would solve the issue.

Pretty sure they fixed it today… I was told by a Dev it rolled out this afternoon. I went and played Ranked…backed out played…backed out and im still Killer.

NOw to fix the frame rate drops!

1 Like

Yeah but it’s not so much knowing who was killer, it’s that there probably isn’t a way for them to gift ranks, they’d have to go in and alter your save data and that’s something they’re probably better off not tampering with.

It isn’t fixed, played a match of ranked and didn’t get my killer back… This would mark the third time something wrong with game itself cost me my killer rank, I’m not grinding it again… Not worth it anymore.

The fix was the stop the demotions, not give ranks back.

2 Likes

Tried my Steam account (which had demoted me from Gold to Qualifier) - looks like I’m back to Gold. :+1:t5:

2 Likes

It will probably be the weekend before I’ll be attempting to go from Gold to Killer… again. Gonna be focusing on Destiny 2 for much of the week. :smiley:

The good news about waiting is most of the Goldified Killers will be back in Killer. Then again, in Gold, I won 50+ matches and only lost 9 even when Killers were in there. :smiley:

I never said it will give you your rank back. Fixed as in no more demotions.

1 Like

Never claimed it’d retroactively award you a rank but we think it fixed the deranking issue.

Unfortunately that means you’ll have to strap on your tryhard pants and get back to Killer to be sure you stay in Killer and don’t get kicked out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Been playing ranked all morning. No issues. Thanks for the fix!

I’ll pass. S3 launch wiped all my data, lost ranks and 40k matches worth of stats and history and character levels (thankfully James helped me get the character levels and my skins back) was turned off of ranked after that. Now when I try for killer again this happens. That’s 2 for 2 game fails at keeping proper data on player ranks.

I am lucky to get 2-3 hours of KI in a week. With matches being best of 3, lag and quitters lately, took about a month to get up to the promotional match. If the ranked system paired properly with gold and killer it would go faster but the amount of qualifiers bronze and silver that net you 1-10 points a match just stagnates the effort. Yes I have special circumstance due to playtime limitations but it’s kinda crap to not just rollback people’s ranks and instead force them to grind it out again. Maybe next year if the game is still around I’ll try again.

Was just coming to report this. I still play at least once a week. Last week I got a notice saying that I better play a ranked match or I would lose my killer rank, I thought wtf, and played a few matches normally.

Booted the game up this week aaand I was gold, with a message saying I lost it because I didn’t play.

Bravo.

Still,is being Killer really important if you don’t care for top 32? I would say it’s not. But I feel that being a Killer will match me with more killers (I know there’s also matching with lower ranks but in my case I get killers most of the time once I get to that tier).

Maybe I belong to gold,I don’t know. Still, I may play again and probably stream it just for fun (when I go to my boyfriend’s house,I can’t stream multi with my internet speed). You will see how rusty I am xP

You are most definitely not a Gold. :blush:

2 Likes

I’m flattered XD

2 Likes