Killer Instinct becoming an afterthought?

Of course people will buy them. CoD is the console version of angry birds.

Hence why I said “commercial success.” That and ever growing need of esports and the like.

It always was, since day one. If it wasn’t, it would have had more content on launch and A LOT more marketing behind it. It isn’t dead solely because DH pulled a miracle out of their аss, only because it is a great game. Many good games die under this circumstances, KI didn’t, and MS decided to roll with it. And it still hurts KI, they way it was launched and the way Xbox was launched in general.
It’s a shame, even though fighting games are more of a niche genre, with enough effort you can push it into mainstream, the way MK did it. But it is quite an undertaking, you can’t deny it is easier to earn fat stacks on yet another iteration of calladooty.

1 Like

No, but it does have the Delorean Time Machine and the Batmobile. :wink:

But…but motorcycles.

…would be too small. The game uses all sorts of cars, trucks, vans, tanks, space cars, concept cars, etc. with numerous customization options, which include: vehicle; color 1 and 2; texture; decals; tires; booster trail; hats; and flags. For balance reasons, all customization options are cosmetic - meaning that all vehicles drive the same. They all have the same speed, turn speed, acceleration, etc. (in other words, the tank-looking vehicle is every bit as good as the snappy-looking race car).

The saddness of this information…saddens me. :disappointed:

You ask for those things and KI’s budget can’t even give us a few more stages to fight on…which apparently is more expensive than developing a character. It’s funny that I have to care about budgets when talking about my favorite fighter. As fans, we shouldn’t have to worry about budgets, just tell them what we want and they have to give us something.

Don’t let it. Instead, feed off of the happiness of these guys!

2 Likes

Not true! The cars have different hitboxes, slightly different turn speeds, and slightly different power slide radiuses.

They do, however, have identical top speeds, boost speeds, acceleration, and weight.

That’s not what the game told me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think the game mentioned this fact at all, actually, either for or against.

For the most part, if you’re playing as a new player, all the cars are functionally equivalent. You won’t even notice the different hitboxes until you try to do very precise stuff at high speed after like 200+ hours, so you should just pick the car you like.

At the top level, Octane and Dominus are the most common cars because of their preferred hitboxes for dribbling and striking.

I like the Zippy, Grog, Ripper, Takumi, and Scarab. If what you say about cars being different is true, what can you tell me about those?

Also, you’ll be happy to know that, according to the in-game news-feed, crossplay is both public AND private-enabled. :wink:

Oh, and I just reached pro status. :smiley:

Although 1 is technically off-topic, I like how this thread has a dual conversation going on. :slight_smile:

By public and private, what they mean is that Xbox and Steam players can randomly run into each other in public matches (just like how PS4 and Steam players currently can). So in theory, if you started playing RL online ranked on your Xbox by yourself, and I started playing on Steam by myself, we could be matched up in a ranked match by chance. But if you form a party containing Xbox and Steam players, then you can’t take that party online and play in public games. You can only play private games with members of the party.

Those cars are not often seen in top level play because they are 1% less optimal than Octane and Dominus. But you should still pick them if you like them, because you won’t notice the difference at all and it won’t even remotely affect whether you win or lose a match.