KI S3 Unbreakable combos change question

You cant do this set up after DD…you need shadow meter for this set up

1 Like

Regular slide can be done after a throw though, yes?

I dont slide after a throw…so im not sure

If each character had a quote, that would be Omens, probably. :smiley:

OK, Unblockable wasn’t the word. I was thinking of the extra damage Omen can do with his combo extenders that can’t be broken - they’re not manuals, it’s achieved by a special move though I can’t remember what one.

Though TBH DD and Demon are tricky to hit people out of if you can’t see it coming - DD in particular. I kind of wish there was a sound for DD - with Demon as well, or you just have to keep jumping around, or just be unlucky enough to keep getting hit by it (you know what I mean @RGLOfficial).

Don’t worry about my rambling. :smiley:

It’s Not that easy because after despair all your shadow meter is depleted and your opponent is sent across the screen. So then you must build at least one bar of meter and then successfully land a grab to shadow slide from the correct distance…there are a lot of conditions that need to be met.

Only in the corner or if you cancel into instinct and then either medium or heavy slide after throw

I knew it would only be possible in the corner, and that it would be situational and/or difficult. I was just curious if it was possible, which it is.
So technically he has an unblockable set up that can lead to instant death in case of DD or Ultra. It’s situational and requires some conditioning, but to can be done.

I think the purpose of this S3 change was to eliminate really wacky, high-damage setups using projectiles in odd ways.

If you’ve got a cute setup that makes a shadow move “unbreakable” because only 2 hits make contact, and you’re content to end the combo right there, then it seems fine to me.

It’s “technically” unbreakable, yes, and the team said they would try to remove “all” unbreakable combos, but I think you have to look a bit more at the philosophy behind the change as a whole, rather than a few one-offs that are hard to fix and not too scary making it through.

2 Likes