KI on Twitch

I’ll have to try to catch Menzo’s stream. But I agree, tournaments are going to bring our highest numbers. Earlier today, PCK’s Season2 Finale Tournament averaged 100+ the entire 5 ish hours on twitch. 5-9pm.

I’m excited for Paul’s and LCD’s streams for the solid play and for them bringing in numbers/viewers for KI streams, but I’m not really in the school of thought that “I need KI4 right now” when people still haven’t optimized this final balance patch, nor do I want to hear “that was stupid/dumb” or “wake up XXXX!!!” dang near everytime they lose or disagree with something in the game. That aside, they are pretty cool peeps and I’m definitely happy to see them choose to support KI with their followings. I’ll continue to watch em both in hopes that they’ll do less complaining, but maybe people like that … idk lol. I am seeing that complaining is a part of every fgc, so I’m personally getting less and less bothered by it. So … :+1:

I think there are times where KI streams are lower than one may like to see but, as others have said, that’s usually in the wee hours of the night, and that’s to be expected. It’s all good, though! I have actually been motivated to do stream some random middle-of-the-night ranked matches, just in case someone wants to watch KI on twitch. But it’s really random, and solely to support KI on twitch.

OP, I hope you’re able to stream again soon, yourself!

2 Likes

FYI, LCD and Nicky are both streaming at this moment. KI has 120+ total viewers on Twitch currently. :smile: It’s something!

1 Like

Yeah… Don’t know if they really mean that. But “who wakes up like that” when you tend to wake up with forward dash with Wulf…just saying xD
Of course ppl may wake up the way they want. Forward dash with Wulf is valid in certain situations (eg Jago’s overhead). Also same as throw. If someone is waking like that is because I am the one allowing it. Wake up throw can also be an attemp to techthrowing and myself missing my pressure game.

I like watching Wulf so I’ll check Wulf’s streams when I can. I also like the persons who do some analisys of the game. Paul B used to show a lot of that.
I do miss some Rico’s streams when he played Amenty. It looked like they had a lot of fun playing and that is great in any game :slight_smile:

Yeah, PaulB is great (he streamed again tonight) in that he’s always commenting on the mechanics of the game, throwing in his analysis on his matches, etc. But…he can be a little crabby at times when he loses. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him give credit to his opponent when he’s lost. He always says they won b/c of the character they play, whether it be how random the character is, how lucky the player was, the tools and the matchup, etc :roll_eyes: In the 3 streams I’ve watched, totaling maybe 4ish hrs, I don’t think I’ve heard him once say “GG” or anything similar after a loss.

PaulB great

Ooookay then lol

2 Likes

I actually miss old teabagging Paul B.

No,he does not. He trashtalks too much sometimes. It’s the way he is. I honestly don’t like the humiliation (tbing) on the lower skilled players or the ones who are learning.
But that’s me having some weak spots for ppl that may even be t…ers in the future (I hope that if I don’t do it they won’t, lol) .
Lots of players,including him, doesn’t care about t…ing. it’s not really important. Still,some attitudes aren’t nice. But it’s ones decision to stick around or leave.
Talking about myself I enjoy mostly entertaining matches that include preferably my main ,won’t mind little tips and suggestions on streams,and a bit of salt is ok too xD

The crazy thing is is he’s a really good and fair commentator in the one Top 8 I saw him commentate on (2017 SCR). Besides the occasional “I’d do this instead”, he’s still very informative, very balanced, and even humble - complimenting the players or sympathizing w/ their mistakes, etc. But then his streams are a lot of “you’re a garbage player w/ a good character” or “you’re bad, I’m bored” statements to his opponents lol, even the ones who beat him. I guess he just knows when he needs to be professional and when he doesn’t. :man_shrugging:

Still, I respect his knowledge and input on the game. Other streamers I’ve seen just kinda respond to chat or react to things going on, but I like PaulB in that he usually takes the initiative to explain nuances and details of his matches when they’re finished.

2 Likes

The only reason he is decent is if it is a known player, or a player that does well in offline tournaments. I habe never heard him compliment someone when he loses. I have seen several streams over the years and all in have ever seen is him get bitter when he loses. Expecially when he loses to something he feels is unfair.

I just don’t want to rag on Paul, he is not much different that any other streamer. He is just more open about it. I have seen other streamers change games, then start bashing KI, but go back to it because that is the game where kids will give them money. The only tines some of these guys say GG is when they lose to a friend or someone they like. They never say it to a player that they don’t know. Expecially when they lose. Max acts the same way. Due to a friend of mine, I gave max a few more tries, but he gets an attitude when he loses just like the rest.

I beat one of the popular streamers. After I won, I went to see if he was streaming and he was. He had a lot to say about every match, but when I beat him, he just signed off the stream. Not one word, no GG, nothing.

Don’t base a game on how many streamers it has at any given time. Most of them would stream UNO if they thought they would make money at it.

1 Like

I haven’t forgotten about streaming. Just really unsure right now of what would be the best way to do it. My original plan was to just wake up early once a week or so to play for an hour before heading to work, but I’ve found in practice that I’m not actually super excited to wake up an an hour earlier just to play KI :sweat_smile:

Next thought was to stream on Sunday mornings (so Saturday night for the American audience), but that’s been subsumed under Destiny 2 time with friends from back home.

I’ve been meaning to poll the forums and Twitter to see what options are preferred by my audience. Would people like to see a once a week (it won’t be any more than that) with me streaming at around 7pm-ish EST? Or would they prefer the once a week later on Saturday night (probably 11-1 or 2ish)? If I streamed during my nights (10pm-12ish) would anyone care to watch in their mornings? Just want to figure out when is a time that people would actually tune in, while also not having to radically rearrange my schedule to do it.

Also, talking with some of the local Singaporean players about setting up bi-weekly KI meet ups where we would stream and have commentary. That’d almost certainly wind up being a morning viewing experience for people in the Americas - is it something people would be interested in seeing?

I’m never going to be a consistent audience for anyone so I wouldn’t build your decision around what I say.

There’s a good chance I would be able to tune in once a week for a 7pm EDT (or thereabouts) stream. But for me the most interesting would be if you get get the Singaporean group together in saturday nights and stream in what would be Saturday morning in the US. I rarely have anything better to do on a Saturday morning and that stream sounds like a lot of fun.

2 Likes

No one has to say gg. Its not mandatory to play nice against weaker opponents.

With your asking about a bi-weekly stream with the local Singaporean talent? Absolutely is my call. That’d be cool to see and mix with.

1 Like

It’s not mandatory to play nice against anyone. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t.

And what about losing to “weaker opponents”? It’s better to be a sore loser? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If possible, post it to your YouTube channel (assuming you have one) for archival purposes.